We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help! Problems with mimosa+rue Options

BananaForeskin
#1 Posted : 6/29/2010 9:28:45 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

A friend of mine (a real friend) who lives far away has been trying to brew her own ayahaoma using rue seeds and mimosa, but hasn't experienced strong effects from her attempts!

She's been using 3g of crushed seeds and 3g powdered mimosa root bark, both of which I gave her from my personal stash (so I can vouch for their effectiveness). She's tried twice, both times gently boiling the seeds three times for 45 minutes each boil, and doing the same once for the mimosa. Straining off the liquid, and then consuming first the rue tea and T+30 consuming the mimosa tea.
The first time she felt no effects, and the second time she felt sedated and had a fast heartbeat.

I have personally used this technique with great success on multiple occasions. Is there anything she could be doing wrong?
Would it be recommendable to try again with this same technique, but up the dose a little, say to 4g rue and 3g mimosa? Or 4g rue 4g mimosa? She's an experienced psychonaut who has done ayahaoma before, just never made it herself. Advice welcome!
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

picatris
#2 Posted : 6/29/2010 11:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would do the reverse as for boiling times. Boil more time the mimosa than the rue. In my experience the rue alkaloids can be released very easily with 10 minutes of boiling crushed seeds.

I would nonetheless add some vinegar to the mimosa water. It is very effective in getting the DMT out and is not as hard on the mouth as is lemon juice. If using 200-300 ml of water, half a tablespoon should be more than enough. Also some drops of vinegar on the rue cannot hurt!

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

rawmo
#3 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Harmala type alkaloids are pretty soluble in water, [40:1 from memory] so should go in pretty quickly.
maybe grind the seeds up first too.

What's her body weight,
3g is pretty low from my experience for mimosa.
for a say 65kg person we usually do 6-8g for a good dose
[that's with protein binding of the tannins in the mimosa]
otherwise 6.5g will definitely do the business

Also the MAOI's pass thru the stomach lining in ~20mins from what I've read
also maybe try 4 or 5g rue

We do
t - 00:00 Harmala's
t- 05:00 Mimosa

that definitely works

hope that helps : )

mindash
#4 Posted : 7/1/2010 5:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i usually just ground and capsul 3 grams of rue and ingest, wait 30-45 minutes then drink mimosa which i usually use 10 grams to make to be safe but thats just me lol

Space
#5 Posted : 7/1/2010 9:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm no hard head, infact quite intune and sensitive, but that to me is a very small dose. 10g mimosa 3g syrian is my minimum dose, thats quite light to me, although I have had intense experience with that dose but still being able to control it.