We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
freeze precipitation Options

redeadnixon
#1 Posted : 6/30/2010 8:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

okay so this is my first thread,
SWIM has been lurking through the site for some time checking up on the details of extraction and the basic method,
SWIM used the DMT handbook for his extraction tek on a pound of mimosa hostilis root bark, and now he's freeze precipitating it,
SWIM was just wondering, would there be any difference in yield if he left the naphtha for 2 or 3 days as he is going to a festival in 4 days time and needs time to evap the solvent.
Basically, how long does it usually take to evap the solvent, and would a day make any difference in yield?
Thanks
It's not the first time we've been in this dream.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 6/30/2010 10:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there

Im trying to figure out here what exactly you are trying to do, first you are freeze precip and then you want to evap the naptha?

Very saturated naptha and a cold freezer will crash the DMT fast, a day should do. Then just collect the DMT and put the naptha away for next time.

So if the naptha isnt in the freezer yet, just cover the jar of naptha and leave it till you get back, and then carry on with the freeze, no loss of yield will occur.

Evaping a solvent in a wide dish will go faster than in a smaller one. A greater surface area will evap faster.

goqql
#3 Posted : 6/30/2010 11:49:26 PM

N. Theodor Gene

Not to forget, more concentrated solutions take longer to evaporate than less concentrated ones.
Evaporating takes its time , a friend of mine told me evaporating his 400ml solutions took him about a week (he used cylindric vessels to reduce the surface and prolong evap time and evapped at approx 15°C to yield bigger crystals)

redeadnixon
#4 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:14:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess swim will just have to wait until after the festival if the naphtha don't evap quick enough
will probably be able to buy it there anyway.
thanks

geeg30
#5 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:56:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evap using large pyrex dish with a fan blowing across it (depends on how much naptha - if you have loads then split it) or freeze precip for a half day and then scrape and filter the spice then refreeze precip the remaining till you come back .

It doesn't take that long to get spice.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

redeadnixon
#6 Posted : 7/1/2010 1:22:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks geeg20 SWIM will try it out,
he just checked on the spice and theres pretty good crystals forming now after 1 day,
yield is looking pretty good.
One more thing, SWIM used hcl as the acid, he read about a method to convert DMT.Fumarate back to freebase and was wondering if it would work the same for the hcl salt instead.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12543

goqql
#7 Posted : 7/1/2010 8:47:23 AM

N. Theodor Gene

This should also work with HCl.
You can use almost every base stronger than DMT itself.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 7/1/2010 10:26:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

redeadnixon wrote:
thanks geeg20 SWIM will try it out,
he just checked on the spice and theres pretty good crystals forming now after 1 day,
yield is looking pretty good.
One more thing, SWIM used hcl as the acid, he read about a method to convert DMT.Fumarate back to freebase and was wondering if it would work the same for the hcl salt instead.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12543

I dont understand.. where did you use the hcl? you mean in the first step in an A/B ? but then you used a base afterwards and pulled with a non-polar, so you wont be needing to 'convert' a dmt salt like in this thread you just linked, you will just be doing a normal A/B and your final product will be dmt freebase already... right?

redeadnixon
#9 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:09:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh yeah, swims mistake, he is doing a mescaline a/b extraction at the same time, he's probably confused it with that lol, what a fool.