We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How much water? Options

JasperRain
#1 Posted : 6/30/2010 2:34:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm doing my first extraction and was wondering how much water is needed. I've looked at a lot of different STB teks and they all seem to be varying wildly when water is concerned. Using one pound of MHRB I've seen teks take from 2 liters to 6 liters of water. Does the amount of water really only affect the PH of the bark mixture? I bought 2 pounds of MHRB, but I'm only doing my extraction for 100g of bark since this is my first time and I'm prone to screw up things. Any remarks for how much water I should use in the future would be much appreciated.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RigelL
#2 Posted : 6/30/2010 7:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Jasper
The amount of water does nothing to the pH of the mix... the ratio between water/NaOH(strong base) is what matters. And also you don´t wanna have too much basified water with only 100gr of MHRB in it, it would make the naphta´s "job" a lot more difficult.
I am in the middle of my first extraction too and Nature boy´s tek has done very good for me, aldough it is more time consuming then other teks, wich is not so bad cause you get time enough to spy on other teks and leran more Pleased Also it is a pictorial, wich proves to be very very usefull for your first time Razz
Nature boy´s tek

Wishing u good luck

Ah and also don´t worry about screwing up... just follow one of the teks
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

goqql
#3 Posted : 6/30/2010 11:55:11 PM

N. Theodor Gene

Using large amounts of water has the advantage of creating an osmotic gradient.

Quote:
And also you don´t wanna have too much basified water with only 100gr of MHRB in it, it would make the naphta´s "job" a lot more difficult.

What do you mean by that? over-basification leads to less emulsions. Furthermore I don't think excess base would affect the naphta or its capability as a solvent.

RigelL
#4 Posted : 7/1/2010 6:26:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol nothing like that... But if you have a weak concentration of DMT in the basified solution it takes more time for it to solubilize in the naphta. I think it is always better to get a high concentration. But i might be wrong Razz
But i do agree with you in the tearm of a highly basified solution, emulsion sucks!
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

JasperRain
#5 Posted : 7/1/2010 8:24:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys for the input. I have officially finished my first extraction and have what appears to be fine results. Now all I need to do is construct my vaporizer (for which I found the instructions here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=140148)

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have had my first trip.

Much love, thanks again.

goqql
#6 Posted : 7/1/2010 9:48:13 AM

N. Theodor Gene

Yeah of course using a lot of water with an STB tek is quite useless.
Nevertheless with an a/b extraction you can exploit that fact.