We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa precautions Options

Dorge
#1 Posted : 3/30/2010 5:27:45 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Dorge wrote:
yeah swim doesnt want to be a wise ass here, and totally applauds swiys adventurous spirit, but just a word to the wise for every one... in concocting new blends be really aware of the plants that your mixing together with a smokable RIMA... that is doing its action straight to your brain and has a reputation in aus for intensifying the effects of herbs 10x no matter what they are.
some plants are just no good smoked... and some plants are no good mixed with aya... which does not mean that none are! but still be careful. the brumansias or toe/angel trumpet has been added to changa by seasoned aussy changa veterans... and they say its pretty amazing... Swim would say however be cautious of the amount that your adding to the mix as well... too much migh tnot be good... then again that just might be an alarmist response... but your sending those chemicals straight to your brain... D.Mckenna pointed out about changa that the harmalas are inhibiting enzymes directly in the brain... so with those tropane scolpolomine based plants that can make your brain swell up the size of a watermellon... be careful...But swim would say do so with all of your plant material additives... its a different rout of action so you kinda need to be a master herbalist to really experiment with these blends... when going outside of the norm.
which is why its also kinda neat to post good blends that you know work well for others to try.

Check out traditional smoking blends, and ethnobotanicals that have a history of being smoked or have a history of being combined with ayahuasca... these are good places to work from. then expand your herbal knowledge... understanding of psychopharmacology as well as anatomy ect...

Know your plants do not go willy nilly...
This post was in response to this post...
rahlii wrote:
Not sure if caapi leaf preparation has been previously discussed. One method is to pick a few of the old shiny leaves, and a few of the newer leaves, let dry and then rub through a kitchen sieve. This results in a fine even sized caapi leaf base that evenly absorbs the DMT and can be accurately dosed.

Changa extract - steeped in IPA

1 part caapi vine bark;
1 part ground caapi vine;
1 part ground Erythroxylum ellicpticum bark;
1 part dried peyote; and
1/2 part Iboga leaf.

Imbued within -

1 part DMT oxide (from fresh Chacruna);
1 part nn DMT (from fresh Chacruna); and
2 parts caapi leaf.

I do not recommend this mix as it has long term (couple of days) scattered side effects

rahlii wrote:
Thanks for the advice Dorge.

I do not recommend the last blend I posted as I'm having prolonged scattered after effects. The E. ellipt contains tropine which I think may be responcible for me feeling shit. I've since read that tropane alcs can take up to 5 days to leave your system and they can act as dopamine reuptake inhibitors. Looks like I'll be steering clear of the iboga and E. ellipt from now on.

Be cautious of the blends you make. The same rules do not necessarily apply as they do in making ayahuasca.... but for safety sake pretend that they do. the last thing any one needs is an ER visit and ER visits are the fastest way to get something on radar.

Rahlii you da man though for doing your research and follow up on this... excellent bi0-assay exploration.

Changa and ayahausca both are nothing to be sacred of...but be cautious when experimenting with new mixes and be cautious when combining while on some thing else. Just because a few people report something is safe and ok doesnt mean it will be for every one either.
word to the wise.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dorge
#2 Posted : 5/12/2010 5:30:57 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

bump....
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

#3 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:56:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge can you post up some info on MAOIs in Changa and MDMA use in this thread?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

rahlii
#4 Posted : 6/28/2010 11:26:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
Dorge wrote:
yeah swim doesnt want to be a wise ass here, and totally applauds swiys adventurous spirit, but just a word to the wise for every one... in concocting new blends be really aware of the plants that your mixing together with a smokable RIMA... that is doing its action straight to your brain and has a reputation in aus for intensifying the effects of herbs 10x no matter what they are.
some plants are just no good smoked... and some plants are no good mixed with aya... which does not mean that none are! but still be careful. the brumansias or toe/angel trumpet has been added to changa by seasoned aussy changa veterans... and they say its pretty amazing... Swim would say however be cautious of the amount that your adding to the mix as well... too much migh tnot be good... then again that just might be an alarmist response... but your sending those chemicals straight to your brain... D.Mckenna pointed out about changa that the harmalas are inhibiting enzymes directly in the brain... so with those tropane scolpolomine based plants that can make your brain swell up the size of a watermellon... be careful...But swim would say do so with all of your plant material additives... its a different rout of action so you kinda need to be a master herbalist to really experiment with these blends... when going outside of the norm.
which is why its also kinda neat to post good blends that you know work well for others to try.

Check out traditional smoking blends, and ethnobotanicals that have a history of being smoked or have a history of being combined with ayahuasca... these are good places to work from. then expand your herbal knowledge... understanding of psychopharmacology as well as anatomy ect...

Know your plants do not go willy nilly...
This post was in response to this post...
rahlii wrote:
Not sure if caapi leaf preparation has been previously discussed. One method is to pick a few of the old shiny leaves, and a few of the newer leaves, let dry and then rub through a kitchen sieve. This results in a fine even sized caapi leaf base that evenly absorbs the DMT and can be accurately dosed.

Changa extract - steeped in IPA

1 part caapi vine bark;
1 part ground caapi vine;
1 part ground Erythroxylum ellicpticum bark;
1 part dried peyote; and
1/2 part Iboga leaf.

Imbued within -

1 part DMT oxide (from fresh Chacruna);
1 part nn DMT (from fresh Chacruna); and
2 parts caapi leaf.

I do not recommend this mix as it has long term (couple of days) scattered side effects

rahlii wrote:
Thanks for the advice Dorge.

I do not recommend the last blend I posted as I'm having prolonged scattered after effects. The E. ellipt contains tropine which I think may be responcible for me feeling shit. I've since read that tropane alcs can take up to 5 days to leave your system and they can act as dopamine reuptake inhibitors. Looks like I'll be steering clear of the iboga and E. ellipt from now on.

Be cautious of the blends you make. The same rules do not necessarily apply as they do in making ayahuasca.... but for safety sake pretend that they do. the last thing any one needs is an ER visit and ER visits are the fastest way to get something on radar.

Rahlii you da man though for doing your research and follow up on this... excellent bi0-assay exploration.

Changa and ayahausca both are nothing to be sacred of...but be cautious when experimenting with new mixes and be cautious when combining while on some thing else. Just because a few people report something is safe and ok doesnt mean it will be for every one either.
word to the wise.

Only just noticed this thread.

I've done some recent work on the Iboga leaf here and found her to be of great value. However as Dorge has stated it is wise to be very cautious when testing new Changa additions as effects may vary from person to person.
From where is the noise?

Dorge
#5 Posted : 6/30/2010 3:35:48 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

My thoughts on the Iboga and changa not being a good idea came from a freind who mixed iboga with aya and had a hypertensive crisis... he has since started mixing iboga with his changa... with interesting results. SO who knows...