We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dosing without a scale Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 7/23/2008 10:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How much is 10mg of Spice? Can anyone post a picture, so I can roughly measure my dosage without owning a scale? Or is this insanely stupid and should I refrain from such foolish ideas?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

elcharrosays
#2 Posted : 7/23/2008 11:10:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In my experience different quality stuff can vary widely. In general they say a pencil head sized amount should be like 50mg or something but I've got some real fluffy off-white crystals that look like 80mg or so but really weigh about 35mg.

Get a cheap milligram scale off ebay. They're not exactly accurate enough for sensitive chemicals like rc's with dosages in the 2-10 milligram range but they do just fine for dmt. You should be able to find one for about $40 last I checked.

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 7/23/2008 11:11:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is not stupid, it is just pointless. Why do you want to weight your spice ?

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 7/23/2008 11:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that there are scales available for this amount..but I wouldn't call it cheap. Thanks for the pencil head thing...

And i don't think it's stupid for a beginner. I want to taste the waters before a breakthru dose....yes, I know nobody can be prepared for it and it's totally different than a non-breakthru dose Pleased

wHats Yours?
#5 Posted : 7/23/2008 11:50:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i agree with elcharrosays its size can be very misguiding. just start of small, i found it hard to get enough smoke in for a good hit on my 1st attempts Sad id try small tokes over a minute or so and im sure ull get the feel of the stuff

Big Inhale
#6 Posted : 7/23/2008 4:12:15 PM

The Enlightend One

Over here swim and his homies use a dime to measure a dose a fully covered dime dropped into a bowl has always been the right amount and whatever doesnt get finished the next person packs there dime on top
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

elcharrosays
#7 Posted : 7/23/2008 4:19:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

$40 definitely is extremely cheap considering most other milligram scales range from like $200-600.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 7/24/2008 2:55:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
$40 definitely is extremely cheap considering most other milligram scales range from like $200-600.

Got my milligrm "diamond" scale on Ebay for $35.00 including shipping, decent quality, very cheap indeed!!
Most do go for $200 - $600.

Only shitty thing, it has a fucking 30 second auto shut off thing. So if the weight doesn't change in like 30 sec time, it automaticaly shuts off. Gets a bit old, but does the trick.
I guess that would be a great feature if I were weighing diamonds?

Load up more than you think you need to smoke, if some is leftover, it'll be there for next time!

Start out with just one nice size toke to test the waters, DMT is not for everyone!!
You'll probably go for 3 or 4 tokes next time!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

shopdropper
#9 Posted : 7/24/2008 3:49:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM uses a regular gram scale with an accuracy of .1 (100 mg ) just cut that in half

SWIM uses a light bulb to vaporize his spice and the unused portion cools down and recrystallizes right on the glass and can be used again for the next few days... he has some crystals from a trip last week. im not sure how long it will be there befor it oxidizes?
so if one was to make a lightbulb vaporizer one could would not need to worry about not getting enough vapor. the crystals left over are enough for somones girlfriend to get a fully psychadelic experience but SWIM hasnt had a breakthrough yet....

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 7/24/2008 8:46:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some good advice here, thanks, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Start out with just one nice size toke to test the waters, DMT is not for everyone!!
You'll probably go for 3 or 4 tokes next time!!!

In my dream I've already did some small amounts oif vapor and got a change in body feeling. But yesterday, more than that hapened. I was inhaling, took toke after toke. I must have gotten 6 small ones. I immediatly felt beeing pulled in armchair and kinda "melting" with it. I was in a trance and closed my eyes....then I saw Visuals, for the first time ever.

I was traveling inside the earth, accompanied by actztec like imagery and stopped inside a small tank filled with a thick dark green fluroscent liquid ..it was not clear but woven into a symmetric mesh of some kind...and a ball on a stick was making waves...the aesthetic was like these matrix scenes where strange chars are running down the screen...

Then I saw another water tank inside the earth, filled with clear liquid. In the center was a crystal "thing" wearing a silky, shimmering dress of some kind floating in one direction....I was looking up to this "Vase" or "Statue" of some sort. There were pieces of rubin red glas on it's head.....very fascinating.

Didn't notice anything spectecular with open eyes. But I have to say that it was a phantastic experience, and I guess it was just some sort of foreplay, that makes it even more astonishing. Having never seen such crystal clear foreign images before my closed eyelids it was quite ...well...quite nice? Yes, it was pretty, very pretty and I hope it's staying this way as I work my way up to the core of the DMT experience.

xibalbaNOW
#11 Posted : 7/24/2008 9:20:41 AM

The Giddy Aunt

Given that we're all in this as DIY home chemists (i know who you are SWIM, we all know who you are), i'm sure we've all experienced a wide range in spice quality.

The home methods have always returned my fluffy white crystals that dont appear much different from any previous batch, and yet the size of a proper dose has varied like mad. And, i have to say, my DIY efforts compare in no way to the old stuff i used to have to source: a tiny crumb (or pencil tip as someone smartly suggested) of that was suffice to completely obliterate my cortex.

I've read a lot about impurities - lots of people saying there's solvent bulking up the product, and others saying other alkaloids may have been pulled from the plant. Maybe a bit of both. But its certainly never pure.

This makes dosage a very difficult thing to recommend.

All i can say is load up your pipe and smoke it. Don't dibble the dose. You're not going to die of anything more than astonishment. If you're not scared by how much you've just done, you havent done enough. That's always been my rule.

There's no training for hyperspace. Its going to blow your mind whichever way you try to creep up on it.

Godspeed, psychonauts.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 7/24/2008 9:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
All i can say is load up your pipe and smoke it. Don't dibble the dose. You're not going to die of anything more than astonishment. If you're not scared by how much you've just done, you havent done enough. That's always been my rule.

Quite powerful words. Maybe It's a good idea to talk in terms of tokes. If someone decides to stop smoking at xyz # of tokes , any remaining spices is left inside "the machine" so no loss at all. Your last sentence somehow resonates with me. Not that I particularly like fear. But the last experience has brought a sence of "fearless arrogance" with it...not a very good thing as it can lead to disrespect towards the substance and that's not a good thing to me.

The experience felt that there is more and I was rather sad as I saw my fragile visions float away in the darkness of my closed eyes.

wHats Yours?
#13 Posted : 7/24/2008 12:31:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very happy your pro now. u dont realy need scales people dont measure weed wen they smoke it
just smoke till ur high or wat eva Wink

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 7/24/2008 12:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is exactly what I think is wrong. I just had a voice telling me over and over just one sentence "We have no interest in THAT" ...and I was thinking that I've made it..that I'm "pro" that every trip would be pleasing to my little ego. I'Ve prepared everything...I wanted it to be perfect, but I was told that it "is not of interest" over and over till I panicked, cuz I couldn't stop it.

Btw..no pictures, no visions..just this thought in my head over and over again.

I was so selfish to think that the spice is for my own pleasure...and I don't even know if this conclusion is correct or not...it seems like I know NOTHING AT ALL. Maybe this is the answer...I shouldn't think so much about it..but every thought in my heads seems to be so mechanic like there is no escape to thinking certain type of things. It'S like I'm some kind of a machine....a computer who has learnt to develope a consciousness to monitor it'S own thoughts...for whatever reason!

It'S crazy.

wHats Yours?
#15 Posted : 7/24/2008 1:05:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i see wat u mean ull find a balance, u hav the answer in your post

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 7/24/2008 2:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did it again and it washed away the previous experience..completely. It was so beautiful..shimmering metal plates rotating..arabesque 3d patterns on the floor...a see of patterns , colors...swirling around particles...holographic cubes in light reflecting slices....simply awesome.