We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Micro Dose of Iboga and Caapi Combo Options

polytrip
#21 Posted : 6/13/2010 11:57:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
rOm wrote:
Jorkest wrote:
i think i took yesterday off..and also today..and im still feeling the effects...i still have the visual effects..what it looks like is light ripples coming off the edges of everything..its very quick and flickering...perhaps im just very sensitive to this substance..but i am most certainly feeling the effects still..

So there is chance that Iboga is accumalating in the system. Taking it daily with Caapi is quite unheard of.
This looks good Jorkest, thanks for sharing !

Many people who're using it to get of from some subtsance they're addicted to, use it daily in small amounts instead of one large amount during one session. It does seem to build up, but if you stay beneath a certain dose, then levels of ibogaine or noribogaine will not accumulate to above a certain point. People who use it this way, all report visual phenomena like jorkest describes, but even after more then a month of daily use, it stays on that level.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Astralking
#22 Posted : 6/24/2010 1:47:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Long Live Jorkest!
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

hyperspacing
#23 Posted : 6/24/2010 3:01:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great why did swim read that. Now he has to obtain some. Lol good posts jorkest
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Jorkest
#24 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:40:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

soo its been about 21 days since i started this experiment...and i have gone from an average of 200mg of iboga rootbark a day...to at the end...finally taking a larger dose of 1g....my general mood has increased in positivity..and i have been having amazingly complex and long dreams...the last time i took any iboga was two days ago..and i took the 1g dose..it was far more powerful than i had imagined it would be..in a strange sense i sort of felt like i was dieing..but there was only the hint of nausea..but it felt like death..

i have no idea how i would know this..but it just had that feeling..anyway..going from 200mg to 500mg to one gram..there is no comparison..1g was way way way more powerful than 500mg..

i really want to continue working with iboga..but if im to do it alone..im gonna reallllly take my time as i increase the dosage...i felt that at even the 1g dose that if i had taken more..i really would have liked somebody there with me..even at that small small dose

this stuff is so powerful..and so healing..that i highly recommend that if you want to take a larger dose..that you have somebody there that is familiar with it...taking these small doses is fine..but when you get into the higher levels i have a feeling it might get a little hairy..

so i DO want to continue working with this plant..at increased doses..im going to take my time getting there..this stuff is so powerful..and if you arent experienced with it...it could be rather scary if you were all alone taking a full flood dose..

when i take high doses of dmt..i always feel like there is somebody there with me..but with the iboga..while that may still be true at higher doses..i also felt really alone..

anyway.this has been a great introduction to this wonderful plant..and i cant wait to get to know it better..i feel this plant is super important for our future..but i highly recommend taking it slow if you are going it alone...this stuff is serious and needs to be treated as such

love iboga
it's a sound

Jorkest
#25 Posted : 6/28/2010 7:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i did take a very low dose of caapi with it..maybe only a few milligrams..like 5 maybe..and it was sent to me by a friend..and i think they had gotten it from maya..i could be wrong though
it's a sound

jamie
#26 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:24:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

5mg of caapi?? or 5 g of caapi? 5mg wont do anything I dont think..
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#27 Posted : 6/28/2010 11:35:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i meant 5mg harmalas taken sublingually every few hours in the form of a tincture
it's a sound

Dimitrius
#28 Posted : 6/29/2010 4:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is wonderful jorkest. It makes me interested to try iboga.

Is there a good supplier for it in the U.S.?
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Dimitrius
#29 Posted : 6/29/2010 9:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
This is wonderful jorkest. It makes me interested to try iboga.

Is there a good supplier for it in the U.S.?

Ohhhhh....

http://www.erowid.org/plants/iboga/iboga_law.shtml

...wups.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Bancopuma
#30 Posted : 7/5/2010 5:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just too add my 2 cents, recently I have been taking 500mg of Iboga root bark every week or so, and today I consumed 1g of root bark on waking this morning. For me this has produced a very subtle, yet at the same time quite obvious 'lift' over the course of the day. 1g is clearly more potent and obvious than 500mg for me, but it is still very low key at this dosage. I have had more energy, and have been sorting out loose ends and other things I have kind of neglected, which is good. I feel completely clear and lucid, with a subtle, low level lift, not really euphoria, but definitely pleasant, but it is not in any way impairing at this dosage.

Thus, I think mixing Iboga with caapi may be producing highly synergistic effects, and from what you said earlier Jorkest, I think your system may be more sensitive to these effects than most. However I did find that 500mg of root bark with a little alcohol and 6 liberty cap mushrooms produced surprisingly powerful results considering the very small quantities of everything ingested. Low doses of Iboga also boost the effects of marijuana to a noticeable degree.

Oh and if and when you experience a flood dose, I don't think you'll feel alone. Iboga in my experience any way seems to be a powerful guide, yes it can be intense and personal and confrontational at times, but it seems like it knows what it needs to do and is very good at this.

acolon_5
#31 Posted : 7/6/2010 4:25:23 AM

The Great Namah

Jorkest

I understand about falling in love with yourself again. I'm on day 6 or 7 of a low dose iboga regimen. While I'm not taking it with MAOI's I am having to stop for a week as I'm having surgery (spinal block, no general anesthetics)....and it makes me almost upset. In less than a week it seems like everything is changing in my life, though not much has but my outlook on life. I have no cravings for any drug, and I've been on opiates for a while again. While the detox mainly took place prior to having a friend who happened to have some extra iboga around, it has been simply amazing. The motivation, the energy, the alterness....and while I realize that these will be fleeting when I stop taking iboga, it is certainly a tool that can be used to sort out ones life. It is a massive shame that it is illegal anywhere, moreso even than DMT.

Iboga is almost like the polar opposite of DMT. Where DMT rips your ego from you and shows you amazing ethereal things, low dose Iboga brings a grounding and an AMAZING CLARITY that I can only remember from my childhood...

I digress, I only wished to add my experience with Iboga.

The stimulation IS problematic. Sleep is almost impossible, but melatonin seems to work where even benzo's/psuedo benzo's like ambien, don't (I can't even feel benzo's anymore).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Calaquendi
#32 Posted : 7/9/2010 9:07:36 PM

Cosmic Elf

Great thread! I'm glad you are getting to know this mighty plant, Jorkest. I have some experience with iboga - and recently I have taken another flood dose to get the opiate hook out of me. I know people who have done a whopper dose just once and stayed clean, but I guess I'm stubborn. This time I was shooting for 30g of root bark but I only got to 25g. This was very good material, after 10g I could barely walk. Man it's hard to eat all that Wood. But I didn't feel like taking the couple days to extract it - next time I'll certainly pull the stuff and do a total alkaloid extract. It's far easier to take the right amount that way and you're not pooping bark for a week after.

I had an intuition about combining harmalas (specifically caapi) with iboga. The thought sort of just dawned on me during my latest foray with iboga. This is something that we have discussed at another forum, combining these powerful medicines. It is good that you put a warning out there- it can definitely be risky in large amounts, but I believe that in the doses you describe it can be a fantastic healing tool. Unless I missed it somewhere in this thread, what kind of caapi are you using with iboga? I have a preference for the young ceilo vine. I find it warm and comfortable in doses up to 60g. That's a dose that I used for ayahuasca, I would not recommend using that much caapi concomitantly with iboga alkaloids - your dosing scale seems right on. There seems to be a great interest in the micro-dosing protocols for iboga/ibogaine - it is gaining in popularity. I was not sure of this practice at first - some people take low dose iboga with low dose opiates to bust down their tolerance. This is referred to as 'dirty maintenance' and until recently I was very leery of this method. But if one pays attention to what they're doing and is careful and astute about working with this, it can be a major aid in relinquishing the hold that addiction has on you. For those with health concerns or other reasons not to flood with iboga, small scale 'boosts' and/or microdoses seem a reasonable alternative. Thanks for all the great info in this thread and best of luck!
Total and utter cosmic stuff

polytrip
#33 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:16:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Thus, I think mixing Iboga with caapi may be producing highly synergistic effects, and from what you said earlier Jorkest, I think your system may be more sensitive to these effects than most. However I did find that 500mg of root bark with a little alcohol and 6 liberty cap mushrooms produced surprisingly powerful results considering the very small quantities of everything ingested. Low doses of Iboga also boost the effects of marijuana to a noticeable degree.

So last night i took ayahuasca made with 1.5 grams of maya's 50:1 caapi extract, 50 grams of hawaian chacruna and 0.4 grams of iboga root bark.

The effects of the ayahuasca was greatly altered by the iboga and the effects of caapi where definately greatly enhanced, but the effects of the DMT where strongly diminished.

I find it strange to read that you feel that mushrooms where potentiated by iboga, since mushrooms are so simmilar to DMT.

I felt very strongly as if something was vibrating on a different frequency than the DMT in the ayahuasca, and just more or less cancelling out some of the effects of the DMT.

The visuals where absolutely less fine, sharp and colourfull than i normally have with chacruna. They where more raw.

The effects of the chacruna where greatly altered and became much more physical. In fact the physical sensation was very simmilar to that of a high dose of mescaline. There was that constant feeling as if my body was 'slipping away', i think people familiar with mescaline will know what i mean with that.

I now see that taking ayahuasca with iboga was on itself a very good idea, but taking a DMT-plant with it made no sense at all.

Besides altered, the effects of the DMT also changed and became less and less DMT-like through the experience.

I can imagine that there could be a strong synergy with cannabis and even with alcohol maybe, since i absolutely did feel some sort of buzz all along, but not with the traditional tryptamines, at least definately not with DMT. Maybe with mescaline though, since the experience became a bit more like mescaline.

One thing is certain though: this tiny amount of iboga rootbark hugely altered the whole ayahuasca experience.

Infinite I
#34 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:29:09 PM

JC

So its safe to have iboga in your system and drink cappi then yes? Ive been wondering about this combo and erred on the side of caution. Were the physical effects from this combination negativee polytrip? I want to continue taking boosters and ordered more to keep the iboga levels up but I also want to drink cappi as well and wonder does it make the cappi stronger and does it give you iboga visions or is it like I first thought and quite dangerous?

I did however take 10g of peruvian torch yesterday and combined with the ibogaine in my system, I did the large dose last wednesday and 333mg of iboga ta two days ago, the cactus was potentiated by quite a bit, I felt great all day I usually take at least 15g of cactus and can get to sleep by 1-2am but last night it was still going strong at 12am and I didnt get to sleep until 430am roughly.

I felt as if I was calm mentally but stimulated at the same time, it was really nice and definately altered because of the iboga plus I needed less for more effects.

polytrip
#35 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:41:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
So its safe to have iboga in your system and drink cappi then yes? Ive been wondering about this combo and erred on the side of caution. Were the physical effects from this combination negativee polytrip? I want to continue taking boosters and ordered more to keep the iboga levels up but I also want to drink cappi as well and wonder does it make the cappi stronger and does it give you iboga visions or is it like I first thought and quite dangerous?

I did however take 10g of peruvian torch yesterday and combined with the ibogaine in my system, I did the large dose last wednesday and 333mg of iboga ta two days ago, the cactus was potentiated by quite a bit, I felt great all day I usually take at least 15g of cactus and can get to sleep by 1-2am but last night it was still going strong at 12am and I didnt get to sleep until 430am roughly.

I felt as if I was calm mentally but stimulated at the same time, it was really nice and definately altered because of the iboga plus I needed less for more effects.

Well, i can't realy tell whether i had iboga visions, since the dose i took was so small. The caapi was very strongly enhanced though.
I think at the dose in wich i took it, there is no danger to it at all. physically i felt absolutely great. No naussea or purging, nothing like that at all.

The only negative effect i had is that the DMT-effects where strongly reduced. It just doesn't go well with DMT. But it has a very positive synergy with caapi at this dose.

I have no idea how far you can go in combining these two. As you say, there is a risk ofcourse, when you would increase the dose, but i think i could easily try a higher dose of iboga in combination with caapi since no negative effects where felt at all.

Infinite I
#36 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:49:28 PM

JC

Quote:
Well, i can't realy tell whether i had iboga visions, since the dose i took was so small. The caapi was very strongly enhanced though.
I think at the dose in wich i took it, there is no danger to it at all. physically i felt absolutely great. No naussea or purging, nothing like that at all.

The only negative effect i had is that the DMT-effects where strongly reduced. It just doesn't go well with DMT. But it has a very positive synergy with caapi at this dose.

I have no idea how far you can go in combining these two. As you say, there is a risk ofcourse, when you would increase the dose, but i think i could easily try a higher dose of iboga in combination with caapi since no negative effects where felt at all.

I just seen your ibogahuasca thread there good info thanks for sharing been wondering about this all week as well! Smile

rOm
#37 Posted : 11/24/2010 6:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading this thread a couple of months ago I decided to try low doses iboga.
On iboga only in few 100 mg range I woulndn't feel anything. Then I increase the doses and mix it it with oral harmalas from rue seeds.

Up to 150 mg harmalas and 2 grams of Iboga powdered and capped. This was definitely an awesome journey, pharmahuasca like in its intensity but different.
A lot more energy, even restlessness for a good 10 hours and loads of visualisation of body energy flow. I've worked on body movement and breath sync and it felt fantastic.
Its been a month now and I feel the call from Iboga again.
I'm now starting a little cure of silene capensis and I'll try again the harmalas+iboga mix to see if there is synergy (as suspected with the african dream root).

Some more to come...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Bancopuma
#38 Posted : 11/24/2010 11:05:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good man! Wink Will be interested in hearing about your Silene capensis experiments. It seems good that, like Iboga, it is also an African plant, and a dream enhancer. I know of someone who did report a synergy between the two plants, and being that both plants are oneirogens, but I suspect through very different chemical pathways, there may well be an interesting synergy.

Calaquendi
#39 Posted : 11/24/2010 7:57:40 PM

Cosmic Elf

rOm wrote:

Up to 150 mg harmalas and 2 grams of Iboga powdered and capped. This was definitely an awesome journey, pharmahuasca like in its intensity but different.
A lot more energy, even restlessness for a good 10 hours and loads of visualisation of body energy flow. I've worked on body movement and breath sync and it felt fantastic.
Its been a month now and I feel the call from Iboga again.
I'm now starting a little cure of silene capensis and I'll try again the harmalas+iboga mix to see if there is synergy (as suspected with the african dream root).

Some more to come...

Nice work rOm - I have done 60g ceilo caapi with about 500mg of a good iboga TA and it was splendid...took a little getting used to, the mix seemed to really 'feed' off each other, so it was like, "am I on ayahuasca here, or iboga?"

Very tactile and full of body sensations, the vine helped me relax quite a bit, I really enjoy the ceilo vine.

I found the telepathic qualities of the vine went hand in hand with the typical introspection I get on iboga, though to be sure, this was just an initial venture and much more could be accomplished working these together. A friend of mine does at least twice that dose of vine with about the same amount of total alkaloid iboga, he swears by it.

Don't some of the South American (ayahuasca) add mixtures contain ibogoids? Sanango?

Be interested to hear more! respek - C
Total and utter cosmic stuff

rOm
#40 Posted : 11/25/2010 9:12:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome Calaquendi ! How many grams about for 500mg TA iboga ?
And yes I've ventured this path when I read about this special ibogoid aya.
Before that I was concerned about health and safety. Hopefully we'll go back soon. Very interesting you feel this amazing body sensation. I must admit it felt quite aphrodisiac Pleased
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

PREV123NEXT