We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The story so far... Options

Saymonsez
#1 Posted : 6/26/2010 1:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fellow Nexians!

A few things about me, and how I got to where I am right now - just to provide some context for my following posts. The physical aspect: male, late 20's, 6 feet 3, around 200 pounds, kinda athletic, but no six-pack Confused .

It all started soo really promising... In high school I was one of those, who never had to learn a word, and got 5-s (like A-s in the states) all the time. I enjoyed those years quite a bit - I had all the free-time in the world, good looks and a decent amount of money too. Never too much, but I could afford 2 movies a week, and a billiard session in the pub every once in a while. I liked to drink, but I only managed to get tooootally wasted only twice so far - not experiences I'd like to repeat. I also couldn't get myself to enjoy either coffee or smoking, and I still don't know what people find attractive in it. Caffeine and cigarettes had no effect on me whatsoever, and the latter made me smell utterly awful. I have a very heightened sense of smell (I can recognize girls only from their natural scents from a few feet away Very happy ), which proved to be very nice since I discovered wine-tasting but i simply can't stand to be in the vicinity of heavy smokers.

In my experimentation with different smoking herbs (bidis, some eastern-european smoking blends - nasty) I stumbled on weed, and it seemed like a good choice at the time. I wouldn't smoke it more than 1-2 times a week, so no unbearable cinder smell, but it made me lightheaded, giggly, and really mellow. The only thing I missed was the visuals some of my pals claimed to have. I always had a thing for hallucinations, but I never got them myself, no matter what. I gave up on weed in half a year, because of the side effects (total demotivation, and the i-don't-give-a-shit-about-anything attitude), and a very bad trip with some pcp infused stuff I was given as clean...

After that I let the drugs go, and went to college, but it just wasn't the same. The attitude stayed, and I started noticing my short-term memory lacking a bit. It took me some time to change that, and it involved a very pronounced spiritual change, something very private but enlightening. Unfortunately I always had the need for "addiction" - not really substances, but something to really focus on. I went through lot of things, including drawing, computer games, CCG-s, WoW (the worst IMO Embarrased ) and recently I'm stuck with this internet thingy.

The craving for altered mind states never stopped, this special kind of curiosity always stayed with me and bugged me from time to time. Unfortunately in Hungary LSD and shrooms were REALLY scarce recently, and from some of my friends experiences even if you found them, most of the times the blotters were fake or not LSD, and the shrooms could get REALLY nasty - permanent liver and kidney damage nasty Shocked . After like 4-5 years of a brake, I just stumbled upon some ebay sellers offering an enormous selection of "natural high" herbs, and I looked some up on erowid, and then later even experimented with a few. The only one I found promising was lady Salvia, using self made extracts, but the smoke is so damn harsh, that I don't play with her more than once every two months. I am aiming to become a scientist, and my thoroughness with research before use was always a must. That is how I found out about DMT, and after reading quite a few of Erowid exp reports, I decided this to be my best choice for the type of journey I always dreamed about. I acquired some MHRB from a mexican seller, and tried to extract some of the spice for the first time - and I failed miserably. At the time my lab experience was still a bit lacking, and time was also scarce, so I decided to go with an STB extraction, but the tek I worked with had some intrinsic flaws, and I ended up with some nasty naphta emulsion on top of some barely hidrated, not basic enough root bark. I decided to abandon the project, and focus on learning for some time, but school was getting harder, and I just forgot about the 50g-s of unprocessed MHRB in the freezer - I hid it too well Smile .

Recently I found myself with three whole weeks of free time, and started to rearrange some of my stuff in the lab freezers, and then I found the almost forgotten bark. I took it as a sign, and this time I looked even more carefully into things, and since fumarate just seemed to be unavailable to me, I decided to go with Vovin's Tek, with some slight mods. I used analytical grade citric acid for the A step, and a much lower volume of the basic solution - the freshly calibrated, quality pH meter made things so much easier. After 4 naphta pulls (3rd warm, 4th overnight, then warmed) and some freeze precip I ended up with 258mg-s of yellowish-white xtals, from the 50g MHRB this looks like 0.5% - not so bad for root bark nearly 2 years old.

This should be quite enough for background info, and the intro too, kinda wall-of-text-ish, but hope it's not so bad. My english is also not perfect, so apologies if some things just don't make sense. Embarrased

I will post some pics of my xtals, some notes on the xtraction and a few words on my first experiences tonight CET, but I need to go birthday-present shopping now. Very happy

Happy tripping!
I'm working on this elaborate psychedelic e-novel, and all my forum post are part of it - entirely fiction. Also, my degu got really proficient with my computer in the last few weeks, and he sometimes abuses this account - I cannot be held responsible for anything that little rodent comes up with.

"My skills are as varied as they are impractical and I also have eagle-eye hindsight." Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jbark
#2 Posted : 6/26/2010 2:36:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus. Your english is more than fine. You are articulate! Sounds like you are really going to enjoy this place. Read the health & safety section (above, in the line menu) before trying any of that newly extracted spice, and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Saymonsez
#3 Posted : 6/27/2010 9:39:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I really try. Smile

Yesterday the forum was a bit messed up, so I couldn't review the accounts of my first experience after posting it, but you can find it here. It would be nice to become a full member, so that I can post some pics and tek related technical info in the right topics, but until the time is right, the Nursery topics should be fine.
I'm working on this elaborate psychedelic e-novel, and all my forum post are part of it - entirely fiction. Also, my degu got really proficient with my computer in the last few weeks, and he sometimes abuses this account - I cannot be held responsible for anything that little rodent comes up with.

"My skills are as varied as they are impractical and I also have eagle-eye hindsight." Smile

gammagore
#4 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:39:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there, welcome aboardSmile

Please dont let the nursery stop you from posting pics and tek related info, alot of good threads and info are in the in nursery.

ragabr
#5 Posted : 6/28/2010 6:13:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, sounds like the spice may just have hung around until you were ready for it. Best of luck!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

hyperspacing
#6 Posted : 6/29/2010 10:13:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya and welcome. Ya funny thing about dmt is it seems to pop up when the time is right.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 7/3/2010 1:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome! Smile

btw im curious, where is your avatar from? It seems very familiar....

corpus callosum
#8 Posted : 7/3/2010 3:06:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Hi Saymonsez, and welcome to this most excellent of places!

I liked your intro;one phrase in particular struck a mighty chord with me :"I've always had a thing for hallucinations"Laughing Laughing
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.