We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does Cactus Trigger Social Contact Through Reality Manipulation? Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 6/11/2010 10:38:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of the time on Cacti I would meet people out of the blue..lots of people...strange stuff happens. I'm at the right place at the right time. I suspect cacti allows me to tap into the social matrix of some sorts or it manipulates reality to suit my social needs.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#2 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:26:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha its probably the fact that you tend to walk around with a big shit eating grin on mesc, no?

Crystalito
#3 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:32:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
or it manipulates my perception of reality to suit my social needs.

Golden!

I think mostly thats where the "magic" lies as far as social interaction goes. If one's perception is altered he/she perceives things differently, ah what a tautology i just earned myself the title of Captain Obvious.

Try looking into other people for example : What makes someone a "cult of a personality" or a "people's magnet" or "charismatic with people". Well ,time/space/reality continuum surely doesnt bend around them unless they are ultra fat! Its mostly what they project to others. I have seen both sides of this on myself depending on my mood : there are days when nothing too exciting happened when i wasnt feeling a "go-get-er", and days where everything seems to converge meeting new people and having amazing time when i feel more on my "ups". It could be i am more approachable. It could be those days i attach more meaning to events. It could be that i dont go around with a stiff face as if i ate a crate of lemons.

Social involvement tends to be interactive Pleased

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:37:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a lot of it is in the pupils, in the eye contact.... I believe when one is on psychedelics, its not just that the pupils are dilated, but there's a definite other message of the soul being passed with every eye stare. And the mescaline effects being so empathic, one will transmit this through eye contact with others, generating good responses which in a feedback mechanism will increase your sensation of well being and further empathy

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 6/12/2010 11:22:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
or it manipulates my perception of reality to suit my social needs.

That is definatly not a quote from my post Pleased=

The eye contact thing comes into play...most definatly. I'm calm and I can interact ina very good and healthy way. But...its also the case, that there is tons of strange stuff happening...at the end of the day I find myself in the company of many.

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:03:50 PM

JC

endlessness wrote:
I think a lot of it is in the pupils, in the eye contact.... I believe when one is on psychedelics, its not just that the pupils are dilated, but there's a definite other message of the soul being passed with every eye stare. And the mescaline effects being so empathic, one will transmit this through eye contact with others, generating good responses which in a feedback mechanism will increase your sensation of well being and further empathy

Thats a brilliant answer, makes sense. Also in the past when I done a lot of acid or mushrooms you were convinced that people just knew you were tripping, giving off the vibes of a crazy tripper people seem to pick up on that lol

Crystalito
#7 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:14:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Teehee! Indeed, but it comes close. Hiding my candy in a quote Pleased

Its rather interesting thoughhow psychedelics can sometimesmake someone more open to people in a bohemian way.I do not know, they may even curb a bit the fear of strangers. Heh, "Williams Syndrome in a powder/plant" Smile On the other hand it depends, some people can get the wrong end of the stick and become withdrawn...

ragabr
#8 Posted : 6/12/2010 2:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've definitely found this experience with mescaline as well and actually enjoy threshold doses just for the engaged sociability. It also seems to increase the chances of running into resonant people to interact with. Lysergify also recounted some amazing synchronistic social effects during hir explorations with cactus tea.

I haven't noticed it to a similar degree with other entactogens like MDMA or kanna.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

polytrip
#9 Posted : 6/12/2010 4:51:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
endlessness wrote:

It's true. Even animals respond differently to me when i'm on psychedelic's. Wild animals that are naturally wary of humans often take time to observe me closely when i wander though the forest on psychedelic's, where they normally run away when they hear me aproaching them.

lyserge
#10 Posted : 6/12/2010 6:00:10 PM

polyfather anomalous

polytrip wrote:

It's true. Even animals respond differently to me when i'm on psychedelic's. Wild animals that are naturally wary of humans often take time to observe me closely when i wander though the forest on psychedelic's, where they normally run away when they hear me approaching them.

Aye I've noticed both of these effects in very deep ways, and being of a somewhat 'mystical' bent I think that taking these substances somehow programs or causes "bugs" in the underlying coding of the universe which allow these strange events to happen. One of the last times I drank the Torch juice I ended up wandering through town with a homeless dog, turning down an invitation to the local Rainbow Gathering (which I had no clue was occurring), and yet again wandering into the same Peruvian-ish friend I always run into after partaking of cactus juice. Another model I've considered is the "vibration" model, that partaking of these materials causes our "souls" to "vibrate" at a "higher rate", and other people automatically "tune" into this. I've noticed this with LSD, how other people will begin to act differently, as if they're picking up on the trip as well. And animals do too; I've especially noticed it with dogs.

Still, for practical purposes it's best to stick with the 'non-mystical' explanations - figuring out how these "charismatic people" project these good feelings and cause groups of followers to spring up around them. I've asked several of these sorts of people directly how they do it, and it seems like it's unconscious. Being a magnet is as easy to them as being withdrawn is to me.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

mogascreeta
#11 Posted : 6/17/2010 3:57:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
polytrip wrote:

It's true. Even animals respond differently to me when i'm on psychedelic's. Wild animals that are naturally wary of humans often take time to observe me closely when i wander though the forest on psychedelic's, where they normally run away when they hear me approaching them.

Aye I've noticed both of these effects in very deep ways, and being of a somewhat 'mystical' bent I think that taking these substances somehow programs or causes "bugs" in the underlying coding of the universe which allow these strange events to happen. One of the last times I drank the Torch juice I ended up wandering through town with a homeless dog, turning down an invitation to the local Rainbow Gathering (which I had no clue was occurring), and yet again wandering into the same Peruvian-ish friend I always run into after partaking of cactus juice. Another model I've considered is the "vibration" model, that partaking of these materials causes our "souls" to "vibrate" at a "higher rate", and other people automatically "tune" into this. I've noticed this with LSD, how other people will begin to act differently, as if they're picking up on the trip as well. And animals do too; I've especially noticed it with dogs.

Still, for practical purposes it's best to stick with the 'non-mystical' explanations - figuring out how these "charismatic people" project these good feelings and cause groups of followers to spring up around them. I've asked several of these sorts of people directly how they do it, and it seems like it's unconscious. Being a magnet is as easy to them as being withdrawn is to me.

i think this increased sociabilty associated with psychedelics is just one of many links in a chain that all begins with confidence. i think that psychdelics increase your social confidence to very high levels, but not to make you cocky, but enough confidence that you seek to explore more topics in comversation and are more confrontational. i dont mean confrontational like fighting people tho, i mean like on psychedelics, if something is bugging you, you confront the problem and fix it is as peaceful and concise and honestly as possible.

it is my opinion that this extra boost of confidence tofether with the stuff in the paragraph above is what causes sober people to start acting funny. they feel intimidated and pressured in the way that you may feel intimidated while petting a live tiger, but still be able to appreciate it and pet it. people act funny when under pressure/intimidated.
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Virola78
#12 Posted : 6/22/2010 11:33:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Only ragabr points out that MDMA does the same?

Imo MDMA is the absolute king of socializing drugs. When im sober at a happening (lets say a rave or so), then i will just have a good time with my friends. But when im on MDMA im actually having lots of conversations with lots of strangers. Also very effective when hitting on girls : )

Ive tried mescaline a few times now. And i have noticed the same as with MDMA. Im sure it has a lot to do with body language. And the beautiful eyes of course. I can pick them out in an instant. One look and i know. You cant hide the phens : )

About the 'magic' happening, like being in the right place at the right time...
I have the same on low dose of mushrooms (dosage where i am able to walk about). You may call it telepathy, harmony, spirit guide, wishfull thinking, vibration, sync etc etc. i dunno. But its there alright.

The 'lessons' of the mushrooms are also 'coded' this way. The answers to my questions are never straight up. Usualy something picks up my attention (or the other way around). And only later (sometimes weeks later) i will see how it was an answer to my question. The subconsciousness (?) works in mysterious ways : ) And i love it. It is the symbolic language of the mushroom.

โ€œThe most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.โ€ -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

lyserge
#13 Posted : 6/24/2010 8:30:06 PM

polyfather anomalous

Virola78 wrote:

Imo MDMA is the absolute king of socializing drugs. When im sober at a happening (lets say a rave or so), then i will just have a good time with my friends. But when im on MDMA im actually having lots of conversations with lots of strangers. Also very effective when hitting on girls : )

The 'lessons' of the mushrooms are also 'coded' this way. The answers to my questions are never straight up. Usualy something picks up my attention (or the other way around). And only later (sometimes weeks later) i will see how it was an answer to my question. The subconsciousness (?) works in mysterious ways : ) And i love it. It is the symbolic language of the mushroom.

Interesting. Do you experience the same "magic" with MDMA, like it somehow ties you into the coding or symbolic language beyond the virtual reality we experience as the universe, or do you feel it's simply a case of increased confidence, language projected through eye contact, etc? I've noticed the same activation of the subconsciousness with the mushroom - for example, while on whopping shebang with ~3 grams cubensis and ~5 grams of Syrian Rue in a tea, I found myself thinking anxiously about death and dying, so I dug into my backpack for a deep breathing exercize that I could use to calm down. Instead of the deep breathing exercize, I immediately pulled out of a book about death with a cover picture of the grim reaper pointing directly at me, as if to confirm my anxieties that death would eventually get me - of course it could've been the case that my whole brain had remembered where the book was, and directed me to pull it out at the appropriate time, but regardless the mushroom seems to tie one's subconscious activity directly into one's conscious activity in a unique way. "The symbolic language of the mushroom"...fascinating.
lyserge attached the following image(s):
the-new-inquisition-wilson.jpg (15kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 6/25/2010 5:06:29 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

nothing social - but i found mescaline or cactus causes coincedences to occur.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
โ€นJorkestโ€บ the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
โ€นxtechreโ€บ cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Virola78
#15 Posted : 6/25/2010 11:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
Virola78 wrote:

Interesting. Do you experience the same "magic" with MDMA, like it somehow ties you into the coding or symbolic language beyond the virtual reality we experience as the universe, or do you feel it's simply a case of increased confidence, language projected through eye contact, etc? I've noticed the same activation of the subconsciousness with the mushroom - for example, while on whopping shebang with ~3 grams cubensis and ~5 grams of Syrian Rue in a tea, I found myself thinking anxiously about death and dying, so I dug into my backpack for a deep breathing exercize that I could use to calm down. Instead of the deep breathing exercize, I immediately pulled out of a book about death with a cover picture of the grim reaper pointing directly at me, as if to confirm my anxieties that death would eventually get me - of course it could've been the case that my whole brain had remembered where the book was, and directed me to pull it out at the appropriate time, but regardless the mushroom seems to tie one's subconscious activity directly into one's conscious activity in a unique way. "The symbolic language of the mushroom"...fascinating.

Well i call it "the symbolic language of the mushroom" but it might as well be symbolic nature of my subconsciousness.. Since it feels alien, mysterious, magic etc. i am tempted to say it isnt me but the mushroom 'speaking'.

Anyways, last month i decided it was the day to put the ashes of my grandpa into the water (where we used to go fishing). He died some years ago. So after that i walked into the strip of nature behind the watermill (see the painting of Van Gogh) that is there. There i find a nice spot to sit and started thinking about grandpa, life and death, stuff like that. And after a while i hear something behind me. I slowly turn around to see whats happening. There, few meters distance from me a baby deer apears from the bushes and starts nibbeling on some leaves. So cute. I see it look at me. The little animal was not scared at all. we were there for some time looking at each other. Then after some time it left me, walking back into the bushes. I was so happy. I was shown the circle of life and death in that trip. For me that baby deer is my grandpa Very happy

edit: i live in a city. deers are not common here. first time i saw one actually. coincidence? you tell me. i tell you mushrooms are magic.

about the MDMA, yes i think it is "...simply a case of increased confidence, language projected through eye contact, etc"

โ€œThe most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.โ€ -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

ohayoco
#16 Posted : 6/26/2010 3:49:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The dreamer noticed this too, back in the day. He expects it is psychological. Your eyes are wide, your mind is open, you are approachable. Usually, it is good, and you find good people drawn towards you wanting to talk to you. Not always, if you are unlucky. Bad people can be drawn to you too... muggers etc... those who would not approach you in a sober or drunk mindset... be aware of your openness... this is the voice of experience... powerful stuff, psychological or no. Your defences are down, you are open to all-comers. Not trying to scare you, just stating the truth that it works in all directions!

Animals love me usually. I am sure they can read a human face too. We are all brothers and sisters. It's all in the approach. Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.