We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How uncommon is it to have a "level 3" trip with 0.5 grams? Options

Rgeular Dudess
#1 Posted : 6/18/2010 4:30:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So far I've only done mushrooms once. I found some Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) from the countryside, dried them and ate them. I ate 15 mushrooms, half of them quite small (I know Liberty Caps are small but also knew that these were not mature yet) without any MAOI (dark chocolate, lemon or blackcurrant juice etc...). I got pretty vivid closed eye visuals and eyes open I perceived some visual/audio synesthesia and at some point a 3d grid (OEV and CEV) which felt like I was seeing in another dimension. But it was just an endless grid superimposed on this "normal" physical reality. I perceived a lot of other stuff as well but this isn't a trip report. The trip lasted for about 5 hours.

Anyway, before eating I roughly measured the weight of the dried mushrooms and I honestly didn't expect much from less than 0.5 grams of them. Got surprised. I also had a massive headache the next day. I have no clue what might have caused it.

I'm not sure if I'm extra sensitive to psilocybin or if it was just because of the first time.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 6/18/2010 4:38:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is not that uncommon, if you are sensitive to psilocin and/or that the mushrooms were extra strong. P. semilanceata have been found with up to 2.37% psilocybin, which is an incredible high content compared to most other mushroom species.

Personally, for a level 3 I need around 1.5 grams of P. semilanceata, but then again I am not specially sensitive to psilocin.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 6/18/2010 4:39:39 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Rgeular Dudess wrote:
without any MAOI (dark chocolate, lemon or blackcurrant juice etc...)

those have polyphenols and ascorbic acid, respectively, not MAOIs.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
Rgeular Dudess wrote:

Research from Merz, 1991:
Quote:

In vitro: "The black currant concentrate effects a 61% inhibition of MAO Type B, and an 37% inhibition of MAO Type A"

In Humans: "MAO Type B activity is inhibited in all three subjects with dependency on dosage and time. Maximum inhibition is obtained 60 minutes after application, and is between 70 and 90% at optimum dosage of 20 grams."

Rgeular Dudess
#5 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:11:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
Rgeular Dudess wrote:

Sorry for the misinformation. I still think blackcurrant concentrate works as a maoi though..

Rgeular Dudess
#6 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:12:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
benzyme wrote:
Rgeular Dudess wrote:

Research from Merz, 1991:
Quote:

In vitro: "The black currant concentrate effects a 61% inhibition of MAO Type B, and an 37% inhibition of MAO Type A"

In Humans: "MAO Type B activity is inhibited in all three subjects with dependency on dosage and time. Maximum inhibition is obtained 60 minutes after application, and is between 70 and 90% at optimum dosage of 20 grams."

Where is this from?

Astralking
#7 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't remember if i read somewhere that un mature mushrooms although less weight are more potent.. I can't remember if i read this or not but im sure i did! i'll try and find the source.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Astralking
#8 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:20:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and on the MAOI front, from looking up on the internet blackcurrant and lemon do increase the effects of mushys but that doesn't mean they are MAOI's. The reason they do is shrouded in mystery! Smile
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Virola78
#9 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:20:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rgeular Dudess wrote:
So far I've only done mushrooms once. I found some Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) from the countryside, dried them and ate them. I ate 15 mushrooms, half of them quite small (I know Liberty Caps are small but also knew that these were not mature yet) without any MAOI (dark chocolate, lemon or blackcurrant juice etc...). I got pretty vivid closed eye visuals and eyes open I perceived some visual/audio synesthesia and at some point a 3d grid (OEV and CEV) which felt like I was seeing in another dimension. But it was just an endless grid superimposed on this "normal" physical reality. I perceived a lot of other stuff as well but this isn't a trip report. The trip lasted for about 5 hours.

Anyway, before eating I roughly measured the weight of the dried mushrooms and I honestly didn't expect much from less than 0.5 grams of them. Got surprised. I also had a massive headache the next day. I have no clue what might have caused it.

I'm not sure if I'm extra sensitive to psilocybin or if it was just because of the first time.

I have eaten dried P.semilanceata only once. dont know how much exactly, but it was more than 0.5g
The effects were about what you describe > standard light mushroom trip (interesting nonetheless)

Never had any headaches after tripping on mushrooms.

EDIT: if i would pick them myself, from the country, then i would surely check for any blue/green staining after drying. because there might be some not psilocybes that look alike.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Ginkgo
#10 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:30:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Astralking wrote:
and on the MAOI front, from looking up on the internet blackcurrant and lemon do increase the effects of mushys but that doesn't mean they are MAOI's. The reason they do is shrouded in mystery! Smile
No, it's no mystery attached. Blackcurrant is MAOIs and inhibitor of several Cytochrome P450 enzymes. Lemon works because acidic conditions dephosphorylate psilocybin to psilocin, so this does not have to happen inside the body (psilocybin is not active as is). This effectively gives a more rapid onset, a stronger peak and a shortened duration.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:53:39 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ok, so currant may have partial cyp450 inhibition, but lemons and chocolate do not
while lemon juice may assist in acid-catalyzed dephosphorylation, it is still unclear how much this actually affects bioavailability.
psilocybin is bioactive, psilocin psychoactive
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jamie
#12 Posted : 6/18/2010 6:45:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I was always under the imprssion chocolate did have some mild MAOI activity..
Long live the unwoke.

Gir
#13 Posted : 6/18/2010 6:54:39 PM

Gir

Rgeular Dudess wrote:

so "small" mushrooms could be aborts. These are mushrooms that gave up growing (in my mind). These are EXTREMELY POTENT MUSHROOMS. I think the aborts are almost stronger than a cap imho.

I had 1.5g of some libcaps, all aborts, and I had a trip i will never forget.

-gir.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 6/18/2010 6:55:09 PM

analytical chemist

fractal enchantment wrote:
I was always under the imprssion chocolate did have some mild MAOI activity..

i was too, several years ago
looking into it, there's just no evidence for MAO inhibition.
rather, it's generally advised to not take an MAOI with chocolate. theobromine is a PDE-1 inhibitor, and taking an maoi with it may cause a decrease in blood pressure

PsilocybeChild
#15 Posted : 6/18/2010 9:00:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I can't remember if i read somewhere that un mature mushrooms although less weight are more potent.. I can't remember if i read this or not but im sure i did! i'll try and find the source.

Quote:
so "small" mushrooms could be aborts. These are mushrooms that gave up growing (in my mind). These are EXTREMELY POTENT MUSHROOMS. I think the aborts are almost stronger than a cap imho.

Smaller mushrooms have more psilocybin/psilocin content in ratio to weight then mature fruits.
but eating 10 mature fruits will be stronger than eating 10 aborts.

.5 grams is the dosage I'd recommend for anyones first time. no higher. Chopped up and soaked in lemon juice for 10-15min. happy trails. Very happy
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

polytrip
#16 Posted : 6/18/2010 10:35:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I must say that i don't know anything about this rating system that says wich level your experience is on. I can tell you however, that with good mushrooms anything is possible. They are often underestimated. especially the powerfull ones like p.semilanceata.

antichode
#17 Posted : 6/20/2010 12:40:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its not uncommon at all...... A friend of swims picked 200 grams dry of Ps. Subaeruginosa this year and is completely astounded at just how potent they are. Half a gram turns on level 3 in no time. His friend tried 1.5grms dry at the beginning of the season and it completely floored him. Intergalactic mind flow wavy gravy!

The earth is so generous sometimes Smile

lyserge
#18 Posted : 6/24/2010 9:13:23 PM

polyfather anomalous

polytrip wrote:
I must say that i don't know anything about this rating system that says wich level your experience is on. I can tell you however, that with good mushrooms anything is possible. They are often underestimated. especially the powerfull ones like p.semilanceata.

Cool thread, "Intergalactic mind flow wavy gravy" lol. Shulgin's rating scale is very useful for describing the subjective effects of any psychoactive drug; I'll go ahead and type it out to reinforce my understanding. Plus One describes experiences in which there is definite qualitative effect from the drug, but the chronology can't necessarily be determined. Plus Two describes experiences where the chronology and nature of the drug are determined, but the user has the option to allow the drug to dominate hir attention, or continue with hir daily activities and put the drug's effects on a secondary level. Plus Three refers to experiences where the chronology and nature of the drug are fully determined, and the experiencer is totally engaged in the experience, for better or worse, until it wears off.

Plus Four experiences are on a completely different scale than +1/+2/+3; they are not an extension of +3 experiences in the way that +3 experiences are the next level up from +2 experiences. They're the rare, mystical/transcendental states which are not necessarily repeatable with the same dosage of the material in question. Dr. Shulgin famously states: "If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment."

A very useful but often misused scale.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland