We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Initial panic Options

phillyd
#1 Posted : 6/20/2010 11:04:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have yet to break through when smoking DMT this is partially to do with limited times smoking it and a strange hesitance as the rush hits me i find it quite intense which makes me put the pipe down. however after about the first minute my heart rate settles and im left facinated by the mild visuals i experience and a general uplifting feeling which remains for hours afterwards. has anyone else experienced a similar hesitance because of the rush and have you got any advice on moving forward. It may help to note i was alone while having the experience.

Thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#2 Posted : 6/20/2010 11:17:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yip, i get hesitant, anxious and nervous. You could try and take a small hit first to get aquainted with whats to come, then like say 10 minutes later hit it proper.

But at the end of the day, you just need to push past that feeling. Dont fight it, let goSmile

Set and setting can make things easier, get your stuff organised, get comfy and be safe. Maybe a sitter would be of some sort of comfort, but they must not be there as a distraction.

AstraLex
#3 Posted : 6/20/2010 3:04:35 PM

Russian-Orthodox Christian

Sounds very familiar to me. I smoked low doses of JimJam almost every day for like 1 month, before I got myself to smoke higher doses. Then I got a mini-breakthrough. And after that, I couldn’t get myself to smoke a high dose again. Every time there was that strange anxiety feeling, like my ego was telling me: “If you smoke more of that shit, I will dissolve, I will cease to exist and your life will end”. Once, I thought, I smoked a bit too much and I got a feeling that I got dragged into the Hyperspace/Spirit World again. Well, I freaked out beyond believe Smile

After this ‘freaking out’ I decided, that this stuff is a way too serious to be taken so lightly. So, the next time, I took all the preparations that I could think of. I even bought MDMA crystals and prayed vigorously to Jesus Christ to be merciful with me Pleased And it went great, really.

But even then, I have got a few terror/panic/fear moments while being ‘There’. It felt, as if all of my preparations were for nothing. Or that I barely prepared myself, because it was so overwhelming. So, the next I am going to prepare me even better.

Therefore, I think that a good preparation will greatly reduce the panic before the journey and during the journey.
I took the red pill.

Felnik
#4 Posted : 6/20/2010 4:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it takes time to learn your about yourself when using this stuff. Preparation is everything and knowing when your ok enough to handle the journey . its such a physical and deeply mental experience for me all it takes is one thing out of alinement to make it messy.

I take alot of time to work up the vibe for myself . I need alot of time with no deadlines whatsoever no pressure to squeeze it in .

For me it takes as long as it takes sometimes hours of small doses before i can work up to a larger one. Sometimes low doses can have a negative effect in creating more anxiety . Other times a series of low doses can ease you in and show you there's nothing to be afraid of. its so varied I know what works for me most of the time.

I notice the caapi is a real ally in all this. there seems to be a genuine give and take with the vine. the spice by itself is a bit cold at times.

To me spice by itself is the mechanism of tranference. The caapi vine is our friend IF we set up a line of communication with it.
As in stating an intention, love, gratitude etc.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Madcap
#5 Posted : 6/20/2010 4:33:59 PM

illudium Q-36

No need to rush these things. The initial panic will go away. The gerbil likes to take some harmalas and then slowly vaporize some mild-ish caapi leaf changa. Once the bowl is gone load up some stronger (more dmt) changa and sit with it ready while the lingering effects from the first bowl fade. Then after 20-30 minutes...go at the stronger bowl a little faster and see if that gets you where you want to go
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

phillyd
#6 Posted : 6/21/2010 3:45:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So Would you's definatly reccomend the cappi leaf? Also thanks for the answers i think they all have eased my anxiety just reading them

gammagore
#7 Posted : 6/21/2010 3:47:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

phillyd wrote:
So Would you's definatly reccomend the cappi leaf?

hell ye, me and a few hundred other membersSmile

phillyd
#8 Posted : 6/21/2010 3:57:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Reason being for longer lasting effects?

Eden
#9 Posted : 6/21/2010 4:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Longer effects and an overall smoother and more joyful experience.
Caapi is a necessity IMO.
I never embark without her loving touch.

gammagore
#10 Posted : 6/21/2010 5:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

phillyd wrote:
Reason being for longer lasting effects?

Slightly longer effects, easier to vape/smoke, guiding hand too, their also seems to be some sort of synergy between caapi and spice.

phillyd
#11 Posted : 6/21/2010 6:40:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you I appreciate your help

hyperspacing
#12 Posted : 6/21/2010 7:19:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"When it takes you either swim with the current or swim against it and drown in fear"
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Felnik
#13 Posted : 6/22/2010 12:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think caapi s more important attribute is its ability to help you and teach you. I wouldn't worry about making the trip longer yet.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

MySmelf
#14 Posted : 6/22/2010 12:41:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that setting an exact time for launch works great. I write down the time. I think of it as a countdown to launch (T minus 2 minutes and counting). My anxiety quickly turns into excitement as my launch time draws near. When its time I hit it like a space shuttle launch, Full Throttle!
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

phillyd
#15 Posted : 6/22/2010 2:38:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have just had a very intense positive experience. Wouldnt say ibroke through but was in between the entrance and exit. would like to thank everyone who participated in the thread as you helped me greatly. plus will have to give caapi a go.

Again thanks guys!!

TrustLoveMan
#16 Posted : 6/22/2010 11:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was never nervous until I had one bad experience. After that my heart would beat hard before hitting the spice but while tripping I could take nice big breaths and calm down. I would go for some caapi leaf since that is going to be my next path. I've heard it makes the experience gentler. Also, I think you need to decide if you like low doses. If so then I would take some small tokes so you can get acquainted with the euphoria. If you don't like low doses then don't take them and dive in.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain