We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Member would like to Share some Success! (and tips) Options

sleeper
#1 Posted : 6/17/2010 8:40:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been lurking for a couple months, and has done 4 extractions now. He's improved each time, from no yield at all, to "green-blue spice", to impure orange spice, and now to some incredibly pure and potent results!

A few things learned the hard way, that aren't in any of the main teks:
1) freeze precipitation requires SEALED GLASS JAR.
-Open-to-air will float some fuzzy spice around in naphtha,
-sealing with cellophane will give creamy residue but melts the seran wrap
2) 100% pure lye is available at Lowe's, but at very few other hardware stores
3) vinegar yields far superior quality and amount than muriatic acid
4) with vinegar-->lye-->naphtha a/b extraction, NO DEFAT IS NECESSARY AT ALL (as long as one "rolls" to mix rather than shake)
5) the easiest way to separate spiced naphtha from lye water is to fill a ziplock baggy using a turkey baster, cut a tear in the bottom corner, and drain the heavier water into one cup, immediately moving over another cup when the naphtha layer comes

SWIM has added a step into his extraction that has yielded incredibly powerful powdered crystals as white as snow:
Freeze-precipitate, dry with a hair dryer hot enough to melt the spice into goo, then recrystalize with a splash of fresh naphtha.

So far, 500 grams of powdered bark has yielded 5.872 grams of pure dmt spice, and is forming even more crystals in extraction #3 as he types this. I'm actually very confused as to why he's getting sooo much ??? SWIM has tested it and found the powdered snow spice to be EXTREMELY potent :-D

He'd love to make a comprehensive "tek" with pictures and descriptions, but needs a promotion to full member ;-) .

Happy dreams,
-sleeper

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 6/17/2010 2:35:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice work sleeper, thanks for sharing those tips. Sounds like SWIY is going to be occupied for some time ;-)
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Gir
#3 Posted : 6/17/2010 2:56:12 PM

Gir

sleeper wrote:
5) the easiest way to separate spiced naphtha from lye water is to fill a ziplock baggy using a turkey baster, cut a tear in the bottom corner, and drain the heavier water into one cup, immediately moving over another cup when the naphtha layer comes

Naptha eats through plastic ziplock baggies, so does lye water solution even when neutralized with acetic acid.

This doesnt mean your going to see it, parchance, but you will get some plastics from contact. This happens with turkey baster sucky thingies too. Make sure you keep your naptha outta the ball!

sleeper wrote:
4) with vinegar-->lye-->naphtha A/B extraction, NO DEFAT IS NECESSARY AT ALL (as long as one "rolls" to mix rather than shake)

No defat is usually neccessary for MHRB as it contains little to no fat anyways. Extractions on something fatty such as Acacia, even with an acid soak/bath/wash would still require defatting in order to obtain more relatively pure crystals.

learning well, keep it up. Very happy

BTW, just because you dont have full access does not mean the nursery is a bad place to post your extraction method along with some pictures. Smile
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

sleeper
#4 Posted : 6/22/2010 9:55:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to update that I've now recovered 15.065 grams of clean, white dmt powdered crystals from this single kilogram of bark.

Did I happen across the dankest pre-powdered bark, or have I simply perfected my recipe this quickly?

...oh, and there's more still extracting :eek: !

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 6/22/2010 2:32:33 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

sleeper wrote:
I've now recovered 15.065 grams of clean, white dmt powdered crystals from this single kilogram of bark. Did I happen across the dankest pre-powdered bark, or have I simply perfected my recipe this quickly?

15 grams of white dmt from a kilo of bark is 1.5%, a nice yield, but well within reasonable expectations given a decent extraction method and thoroughness.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

sleeper
#6 Posted : 6/22/2010 6:29:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
sleeper wrote:
I've now recovered 15.065 grams of clean, white dmt powdered crystals from this single kilogram of bark. Did I happen across the dankest pre-powdered bark, or have I simply perfected my recipe this quickly?

15 grams of white dmt from a kilo of bark is 1.5%, a nice yield, but well within reasonable expectations given a decent extraction method and thoroughness.

I hope so! My common sense tells me that has to be the case, or there is adulterant in the product...but it looks so clean and sparkling, and it smokes so well.

Everywhere I read, MHRB is only supposed to contain about 1% DMT...and I'm expecting around 1.7% (17g from 1kg bark) total yield when done. Needless to say, I have no idea what to do with 15 of those 17 grams Embarrased I hope they store well!

Touche Guevara
#7 Posted : 6/22/2010 7:28:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some people here have reported up to 2%. I imagine that most of the pre-powdered bark is more or less the same potency any more, all coming from the same source to various distributors.

If storage is a concern, converting excess into DMT fumarate will increase the shelf life.

sleeper
#8 Posted : 6/22/2010 10:51:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
Some people here have reported up to 2%. I imagine that most of the pre-powdered bark is more or less the same potency any more, all coming from the same source to various distributors.

If storage is a concern, converting excess into DMT fumarate will increase the shelf life.

A) Can DMT fumerate be smoked

B) Would leaving DMT freebase in a sealed bag in the fridge be an acceptable short-term storage method?