We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Meeting Other Travelers (Human) in Hyperspace Options

The Traveler
#21 Posted : 2/28/2008 4:57:03 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

What interests me is the feeling of a reunification with something.

This person sees it as the reunification with the 'mind of the source of creation' but over time I've been thinking about my journeys and the more I think about it the more I have a feeling I'm traveling to my own subcounsiousness.

Somehow, when you are traveling you can relate to entities as if they know you for a long time, which in case of your subcountiousness is a true statement. Also when your state of mind is peacefull your journeys will be more like sailing calm waves compared to the high sees of a troubled mind. Again hyperspace relates to your mind.

Last journey I took I asked if there were other travelers around, this caused a shockwave through the system. I have the feeling now, that system is me, including my own subcounsiousness.

Ever since I was a kid I've tried to subdue my mind, over the years this has evolved into a setting were I can put a question as a seed in my subcounsiousness mind and as a flower it will bloom to give me the answer, just like a box you put your question paper in and some answer comes out. In recent years this seeding/flower trick allowed me to do some amazing quick and complex thinking and I'm more and more relying on this 'trick'. I have to admid this has costs me years and years of meditation. First memory of starting this taming of the mind is of an age of 10. I'm 33 now and there is still potention for more.

Last journey I had the feeling I 'cracked the DMT code' because after extensive preparation I was in complete control of the experience.

Please remember this a theory of mine of which I'm all but sure about. So many probabilities and so many questions but this one is for the moment my favorite theory.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TrYpt / PhEnEtHyl -AMinE
#22 Posted : 2/29/2008 2:19:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well that is an idea that many have, it was actually one of the original ideas concerning the therapeutic utility of psychedelic compounds. The original psychedelic psychologists believed that psychedelics forced the user into a conscious awareness of their subconscious states and that when guided through such in a therapy session, a person can be helped to make drastic changes in their psyche and personality, and thus, eliminate mental illness. As you can imagine, from the state of today's psychology, this rarely worked... for some disorders it did indeed help, for things that people could probably work through outside of the influence of psychedelics, such as some anxieties, depression and phobias, it worked in as much as it simply sped up the process. Moving further away from these initial ideas, and moving on into the 70s and 80s, more discoveries concerning the nature of the serotonin system and more compounds that effected it were invented, particularly, a slew of phenethylamines, the class of chemicals in which MDMA, MDA, 2C-B, DOC, 2C-I, DOM, DOB, etc., etc., all fall into (the only natural sources of phenethylamine-related compounds are the various plants from which MDMA can be synthesized, which includes nutmeg and sassafras). What was noticed when these drugs were produced is that they had much more potential in a psychotherapeutic environment as they essentially made those they were administered to open up and deeply analyze their most internal feelings and desires (in fact, as it stands, MDMA is the only illicit compound currently being considered for legalization by the FDA for use in the medical/psychiatric fields). A distinct difference has also been noticed by proponents of psychedelics in general, Alexander Shulgin actually discusses this in his books PIHKAL and TIHKAL, phenethylamines tend to be very valuable for psychotherapy in that they evoke deep re-examination of one's subconscious and conscious motivations and desires, whereas, tryptamines, like ibogaine and DMT, tend to be much more likely to bring about profound spiritual experience and fairly less likely, although not to say they don't, to bring about more of a subconscious exploration, although it can be argued that so-called spiritual experiences are simply the same sort of thing on a higher, less able-to-be-communicated level (which subjective descriptions of ibogaine experiences tends to support, that is, particularly in instances in which ibogaine has been used for addictive compound detox, for example, such persons tend to describe their experience as taking a spiritual form but at the same time totally re-mapping their internal structure of mind/brain). So, based on evidence, this argument could go either way, which was probably obvious considering, of course, science provides no evidence for the existence of spiritual entities and events (although, on the other hand, it provides no evidence that disconfirms such).

In addition to such, I found the following amongst SWIM's notes on the subject:
"From my personal experience and opinion, I'd tend to think that the sorts of experiences brought on by tryptamines truly are of a spiritual nature as not only have I had profound spiritual experiences, but I have also utilized substances which seem, much more distinctly, to bring about experiences that seem to be deep, hyperspatial exploration of the internal consciousness. Dissociatives, like Dextromethorphan and Ketamine have the ability to bring one into a sort of hyperspace, which in regards to dextromethorphan in particular has been referred to as the "dextroverse"... within such, it is rare that one can find their way into an astral plane, typically, from my own experience with the legal compound DXM (dextromethorphan) and from the imparted personal experiences of others, the space which is entered into is much more self-centered, mimicking a more dream-like state, but presenting itself as much more real than such. This universe is usually filled with one's memories, desires, future plans, and the interconnected web of experiences on dissociatives that they have had in the past. In this state, I and others have found that one can have full flashbacks of events, experience a re-interpretation of the present, or fully experience plans they have for the future unfolding themselves, and on perhaps a negative side, one can also find themselves essentially re-writing their own memories, that is, intermixing their desires, future plans, wishes about regretted decisions in the past into their flashbacks and sometimes later finding that they have accepted such as true memory. I must say, from experience, that such is distinctly different then the hyperspace of serotonin-effecting psychedelics and is much more an avenue to the internal self, providing essentially a canvas on which to repaint who you are, even at the level of where you have been and what you have learned."
There are many profound and important things in life.... I just happen to think that most of them have to do with serotonin.

ZaZen
#23 Posted : 3/2/2008 3:07:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In it`s Native and Sub-Urban setting like in the Brazilian Ayahuasca Churches, the experiences it self is a collective onces, the experience seems to have telepathic like qualities and people are communicate on some higher level with each other and with nature it self. Also the tradditional Shamanic flight (that we are doing with DMT and it´s brews) is mostly done by a collective, everyone in this collective has it´s own function and the journey is made together, at this point im also linking to Mircea Eliade and his book "Shamanism and archaic technics of Ecstasy" where he explains this procedure very detailed. So for me, after my experience, it seems very clear to me; that we do meet other travelers or at least inhabitants, which are still travelers to. I won`t appear arrogant, but asking this question seems somehow riddicilous,because for me, it is so obvious. That might explain why some of you guys earned some laughing when you asekd this entities. Sure THEY might be not human or at least not incarnated but THEY are traveleres. Besides, if you have done dmt in a collective enabled by a MAO inhibitor, the question might be resolved! In my point of view we definetly meet other travelers (incaranted human travelers, discincarnated travelers and beeings that might not have been incarnated yet. Im mean thats what DMT is about, transcending the line between live and death, and if this is enabled you can meet everybody at any point of time and space, or beyond !

bstar
#24 Posted : 6/8/2008 9:37:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Coschi and TrYpt,

During a sleep paralysis/OBE experience, I was having trouble getting out of my body. I asked for help (from a guide or whatever, someone trustworthy) and a glowing blue human figure with no facial features pulled me out. After I'm out, they're gone, and I get sprung back into my body.

Anyways, make of it what you will. I was just surprised to hear about multiple entities like this. I haven't had a strong DMT experience as of yet, so I'm curious if the OBE experience is similar.

smokeydaze
#25 Posted : 6/12/2008 5:43:23 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

On a recent experience I had 3 'people' standing right behind me watching the show with me.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN
#26 Posted : 6/14/2008 8:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol, I imagine that 'realm' is starting to get decently populated with human. Might just be a matter of chance at bumping into another one; if this phenomena is at all provable that is..
Jorkest wrote:
SWIM was flying through many rooms and came to one where there were hundreds of cartoon women with jimjam shooting out of their tits

thomash
#27 Posted : 6/14/2008 9:02:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

just because it feels like you are in some other reality/space doesn't mean this space actually exists outside of your imagination. the simplest explanation for the lack of encounters between travelers is that the world you enter is a fabrication of your own mind that feels extremely real.

i think there is a lack of skepticism in the dmt using community and people accept esoteric explanations without critically questioning them.

i'm not saying that it's definitely a fabrication of the mind but i wouldn't blindly accept that these places actually exist outside of my imagination

burnt
#28 Posted : 6/15/2008 12:41:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:

just because it feels like you are in some other reality/space doesn't mean this space actually exists outside of your imagination. the simplest explanation for the lack of encounters between travelers is that the world you enter is a fabrication of your own mind that feels extremely real.

i think there is a lack of skepticism in the dmt using community and people accept esoteric explanations without critically questioning them.

i'm not saying that it's definitely a fabrication of the mind but i wouldn't blindly accept that these places actually exist outside of my imagination

this is why governments need to let us do more research. its certainly more interesting then bible studies.

THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN
#29 Posted : 6/15/2008 12:37:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thomash wrote:

just because it feels like you are in some other reality/space doesn't mean this space actually exists outside of your imagination.

lol, yes I understand. That was mostly just a crack about the growing popularity. I know to take my experiences to mind with anywhere from three to three thousand grains of salt.
Jorkest wrote:
SWIM was flying through many rooms and came to one where there were hundreds of cartoon women with jimjam shooting out of their tits

acolon_5
#30 Posted : 6/16/2008 2:42:45 PM

The Great Namah

thomash wrote:

YES! This is my biggest question about the spice....it this other plane real, or just part of the mind. More research is critical. I have friends who have reported telepathy while on mushrooms...fully conversations that both people fully recall even though no words were spoke. Again, more research is needed.

Remember the person that discovered the DNA chain saw it whilst under the influence of LSD...
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

burnt
#31 Posted : 6/16/2008 3:17:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

[quote]Remember the person that discovered the DNA chain saw it whilst under the influence of LSD...[quote]

just to make a slight correction because I am that much of a dork haha. the guy who developed PCR which is a technique to amplify fragments of DNA (instrumental in modern molecular biology) admitted that LSD was a source of inspiration. the guys who determined the structure of DNA as far as i know had not used lsd. one is dead (crick i think) the other is kind of a jerk (ive heard from people who met him, watson).

and yes i agree with you acolon that this is the biggest question when it comes to the spice, psychedelics and mystical experiences in general. its certainly worth investigating. the knowledge we will gain about the mind in general will be beneficial but the knowledge we may gain about the universe itself may run deep.

my only problem is when people claim because science or something hasn't figured it out yet that "its because of [insert being]" and then thats the end of the story. i believe in the power of our intelligence and ever expanding knowledge to start to answer these questions. anyone whether its priest or politician who tells you otherwise is a liar. Cool

Infinite I
#32 Posted : 6/18/2008 10:49:41 AM

JC

I have friends who have reported telepathy while on mushrooms...quote]

Ive had that at least 3 times on mushrooms, no shit also some of my friends have had that too!

thomash
#33 Posted : 6/18/2008 9:50:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

can you go into detail? what kind of thoughts were they? what was the situation?

people thinking the same thing at the same time can often be because the environment changed in a subtle way which triggered these thoughts but never was registered consciously. i'm still a little skeptical about claims of real telepathy.

TrYpt / PhEnEtHyl -AMinE
#34 Posted : 7/20/2008 3:14:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thomash wrote:

I don't really see the lack of critical thought you are claiming exists in the community, I mean, I have met DMT and general psychedelics users from all different walks of life, and there are a multitude of opinions on the subject... I've met people who believe in a spiritual dynamic being revealed through these substances, others who view them only as a valuable tool for self-exploration and relationship building and others who really seem to have no other reason for using them other then boredom, a group which includes several extremely pushy, staunch atheists that insist that the ability of psychedelics to produce spiritual experience is proof that there is no external spiritual anything and that all of it is simply a fabrication of our mind (essentially they seem to think spirituality is a mental disorder)....as for maybe seeing what you're talking about on this site or in other web-based communities, that, in my opinion, likely has to do with their target audience, which typically only includes the first two groups and not the "just for fun" users.
There are many profound and important things in life.... I just happen to think that most of them have to do with serotonin.

TrYpt / PhEnEtHyl -AMinE
#35 Posted : 7/20/2008 3:21:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thomash wrote:
can you go into detail? what kind of thoughts were they? what was the situation?

people thinking the same thing at the same time can often be because the environment changed in a subtle way which triggered these thoughts but never was registered consciously. i'm still a little skeptical about claims of real telepathy.

Well just something you might be interested in, look into Psychokinesis, its pretty much the only "Psi" that has reproducible results... Psychokinesis is sometimes mixed up with telekinesis, but that's not what I'm talking about, I'm referring to its specific usage in reference to extremely subtle effects, such as influencing a random number generator. The whole field of Parapsychology is pretty latent with research fraud, but if you look at the most reputable sources of study in it you'll find some things regarding such. Unfortunately, because of the history of fraud, parapsychology has fallen the wayside so continued research into paranormal phenomena isn't really happening.

If you ask me though, I don't really think spirituality needs scientific validation, as it refers to belief systems about life, whereas, in contrast, when it comes down to it, science's primary goal is the advancement of technology. Carrying over the archaic modernist view of science as the primary source of universal truth is somewhat inappropriate in today's pluralistic world... science is an effective tool which leads to the betterment of human life and the creation of useful technologies.

TrYpt / PhEnEtHyl -AMinE
#36 Posted : 7/20/2008 3:26:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

just to make a slight correction because I am that much of a dork haha. the guy who developed PCR which is a technique to amplify fragments of DNA (instrumental in modern molecular biology) admitted that LSD was a source of inspiration. the guys who determined the structure of DNA as far as i know had not used lsd. one is dead (crick i think) the other is kind of a jerk (ive heard from people who met him, watson).

Actually, Crick also reported his work being influenced by the use of LSD. Both Crick and Mullis (the discoverer/inventor of PCR) reported being influenced by LSD.... these two instances mixed with nature of DNA as the "life-code" get a lot of attention from people seeking a higher power/spiritual experience from psychedelics (5-HT-effective hallucinogens).

xibalbaNOW
#37 Posted : 7/21/2008 5:28:55 PM

The Giddy Aunt

By all accounts, space and time is a pretty big place. If by using DMT we are breaking through and traversing these qualities, then it seems unreasonable to expect to see or meet a fellow traveller whilst there. Probability is right out along a line of near impossibility.

That said, the DMT experience allows my waking consciousness to transcend the physical bodies, and as such i'm not aware of, say, my own hands that should be in front of my "eyes". Can the same be said for every other traveller? As in, should we expect to recognise the physical form of another human if they're present in this multi-dimensional, hyperreal landscape as pure consciousness?
The DMT vision is sharp and as tangible as if seen by your own eyes: the experience is totally real. Completely baffling and yet totally rational in the same instant. As if the invisible landscape isnt already strange enough, i'd be completely baffled if i saw a dead relative dancing with creatures of digital energy and pure fluid motion.

"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

PREV12