We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
water bong for dmt smoking? Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 7/20/2008 12:56:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does anybody have experience with that, or knows the chemical facts if this would be a good thing or not?

I thought maybe a water cooled bong might help making the smoke ´softer´, but what Im wondering if there are any possible negative aspects with this (specially dmt being lost in the water)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

KUSHMASTER
#2 Posted : 7/20/2008 1:25:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have to agree with your assumption that the DMT gets lost in the water, or actually the water just cools it, but if the smoke cools down then it will start to recrystalize sooner, not giving you the same amount of smoke you drew into the bong.

Personally I love the bong, I'll smoke anything and everything out of it, ice catchers and double perks...ahhh haha, But when the spice is loaded i make sure to keep the water out of the bong. So I still get the full massive rip a bong delivers, but yeah, it's harsh because no water is coolin it off, But i guess it really all depends on how much spice you have, Swims got hardly any, so he tries to get the most out of what he's got.

But if you have a bountiful harvest from your last extraction then i think it'd be worth it to cool down the smoke. I don't see how it would waste enough to really make that much of a difference, unless like i said you don't have very much to begin with.

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

Observant
#3 Posted : 7/20/2008 1:27:22 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

It works for shure , a friend smoked it several times through a bong witd diffusor chillum.
I think some is lost because of condensation , but really not too much.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 7/20/2008 4:55:59 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

A shisha (or hookah) is exactly what SWIM friend prefers to use, it really works without any problem at all. Spice can be mixed with some herbs for nice taste ans smoke is extremely smooth. If in doubt about potential loss, one should add a bit more, even though it has not been found necessary.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN
#5 Posted : 7/21/2008 12:09:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure that dmt is NOT water soluble. You can look into it a bit more if you'd like, but in my experience it's not a problem. Also, I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere

The advantage you'll have w/using a bong is that the water will cool down the smoke and in effect actually condense the vapor a bit, but not enough for it to actually resolidify. The outcome is that you will be able to fill the chamber with MUCH MORE VAPOR for a very much bigger hit.

Using a water bong without any water in it ruins the technique in a multitude of ways, swim says.

swim also says shame on whoever propagates such a severely lame idea without proper backing.
Jorkest wrote:
SWIM was flying through many rooms and came to one where there were hundreds of cartoon women with jimjam shooting out of their tits

KUSHMASTER
#6 Posted : 7/21/2008 1:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No way! I've read thru hundreds of forum posts to find out wich would be the best way to smoke the spice, and altho there are many other ways that are just as efficient, i'm sure MANY would agree with me that smoking it out of a bong without water is just as effective as smoking it any other efficient way. Especially if you have a bubble instead of a regular weed bowl. This way does NOT "ruin" the technique in any way... as long as you know what your doing, you'll get the exact same results. And by the way... I believe a bong withOUT water can hold a lot more smoke than a bong with water. Sooo, certain people on this threadRolling eyes Be more openminded, there's more than one way to do it.

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN
#7 Posted : 7/21/2008 4:46:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol, sorry.

Didn't mean for that to seem like an attack on you kushmaster. You aren't the first person I've seen say to do it without water. swim tried it both ways though, cause swim is open-minded Wink. You don't seem to have any experience on the matter though. You also seem to think that dmt would get lost in the water (misinformation), or that it would recrystallize during the hit (not likely, maybe with ice?).

Also, the topic of this thread was whether or not it was possible. You can do it fine without water, I didn't say it wouldn't work. Although, I will have to disagree with you that it's 'just as efficient' because swim noticed that the chamber does not fill as quickly, smoke does not organize as efficient, and the air does not rifle out into your lungs as well as it does with water. So you can still 'get there', it just seems to be more of a pain.

You're right that there is more space in the chamber when there isn't any water in there, but the water filtration actually augments the volumetric property of the vapor to take up less space. So you can actually fit more vapor that way. The water works kinda the same as your lighter does to vaporize the dmt, except in an opposite effect. Lighter heats it up causing the molecules to explode away from each other into a vapor, and the water cools the vapor which makes the molecules start to come back closer together. The result is a cool, thick, velvety mist that is much easier to hold.

Just one of these tight, well-drawn hits is plenty to send you zoomin.

So, sorry if I offended you (that's not what I was going for), but you really don't need to get all pissy and make faces at me. Chill out.
Jorkest wrote:
SWIM was flying through many rooms and came to one where there were hundreds of cartoon women with jimjam shooting out of their tits

WSaged
#8 Posted : 7/22/2008 9:08:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gotta go with THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN here

I've personally tried it both ways extensively and the only difference is that without the water, the smoke is much more harsh and tastes much worse!!

Just enough water to make a few bubbles helps the medicine go down...

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

endlessness
#9 Posted : 7/22/2008 12:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it works PERFECT!

the smoke was smooth, no noticeable loss of potency (50mg was as strong as every other time)

im gonna keep doing it this way now, thanks guys Smile

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 7/24/2008 5:59:12 PM

The Great Namah

Wow,

This is kinda news to me. I haven't tried the bong w/ water only because I assumed that the water would cool down the vaporized spice quickly recrystalizing it...but if it's working for everyone this may be the way my wife takes her first voyage!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

WSaged
#11 Posted : 7/24/2008 6:13:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I assumed that the water would cool down the vaporized spice quickly recrystalizing it

Make sure to use room temp water, no ice!!!

Most things do not crystalizing that "quickly"!! Those changes take a bit of time!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!