We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pipe trouble Options

Desdemona
#1 Posted : 7/17/2008 2:19:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Having recently bought what I believe to be a base pipe, and I have two questions; Where exactly do you put the DMT in this sort of a pipe and how do you safely heat it?

Link Related.
Me pipe

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 7/17/2008 4:51:19 PM

The Enlightend One

Thats a weird looking pipe just load the spice in the big hole. To light hold the lighter up to the bottom dont put the yellow part of the flame on the glass only the blue part or hold far enough away that the flame doesn't touch the glass. Let the spice melt then it will vape then you Big Inhale the you go BYE BYE
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

WSaged
#3 Posted : 7/17/2008 9:22:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That pipe would work great if you get yourself a piece of "Brillo" or "Chore Boy", which are brands of thick, steel mesh scouring pads. Like in the dish washing section of the super market. They come with a brass-like coating that you need to burn off with a lighter or something before putting the Brillo in the bowl.

So you burn off the brass coating, and tightly stuff a big enough piece of the Brillo into the bowl so that you almost fill it up completely. I use the eraser side of a new pencil to help pack it in there firmly. Leave enough room on top so that your spice doesn't spill over the sides(duh).
You then sprinkle your spice on top of the Brillo and heat the bowl from bottom & the sides to melt the spice into the steel mesh. I use a torch lighter to do this quickly but Be Careful not to vaporise it yet!!
When the spice is totally melted into the Brillo, take a normal Bic lighter and smoke the pipe like you would if it had an herb in it. Try not to pull the flame down into the Brillo, at least until your last hit (so your sure to get it all). You do not want to burn the spice with the direct flame!! You want the steel mesh to heat up and vaporise the spice.

The steel mesh will hold the spice, so it will not run out through the bottom of the bowl, it also works to vaporise the spice very well!! While heating, the spice runs along the mesh and as it does, it is vaporised. DMT tends to "run" from the heat when you use a round, glass, base pipe(meth pipe) to hold it. When you use a Steel mesh to hold your DMT, it is much easier to get the full intended dose.

I use a pipe kind of like yours, but it has a bubbler built into the bowl, so I have a little water cooling as well. Smoothest Hits Ever!!! I use a Brillo in the bowl and I get the best hits out of all the smoking methods I have tried!! And I've tried them all!! Seriously!!

There is a thing called "The Machine" that a lot of people on this forum and others have been using for a while that uses this exact method, but you have to make your own pipe. I included a link to the PDF of the "Machine" article.
Here:
http://forums.mycotopia....mt-pipe-83484machine.jpg

Give this attachment a read & give the Brillo a try. That pipe will work great for it!!
Do Not Forget to burn the "brass" coating off of the steel mesh before putting it in the bowl!!!

Cheers!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desdemona
#4 Posted : 7/18/2008 3:20:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm a bit cagey about using Steel Wool to smoke it because of the smoke that comes off of it when burned. What kind of steel wool is recommended to avoid this? I also have concerns about the soap in brillo pads.

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 7/18/2008 3:35:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Maybe glass wool? I've never used a brillo/choreboy/etc. in my experiences, but glass wool seems like a safer alternative.

notapillow
#6 Posted : 7/18/2008 5:19:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

a largish glass screen seems to be the safest

that pipe is for hash actualy

not so much powderish stuff

WSaged
#7 Posted : 7/19/2008 8:40:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm a bit cagey about using Steel Wool to smoke it because of the smoke that comes off of it when burned ...I also have concerns about the soap in brillo pads.

Thats why I wrote: "burn off the brass-like coating, before putting it in the pipe"!!!!!!!
this Cleans off the coating & any soap, leaving just the think, coarse, steel wool.

Also why I wrote: "Try not to pull the flame down into the Brillo. You do not want to burn the spice with the direct flame!! You want the steel mesh to heat up and vaporise the spice".
You don't smoke the Brillo, you heat it up, so the Brillo vaporises the DMT!!

Quote:
Maybe glass wool? I've never used a brillo/choreboy/etc. in my experiences, but glass wool seems like a safer alternative.

Not thick enough!!
We are not talking about the thin steel wool used to smooth over a surface before using sandpaper and painting.
That stuff burns a quite a low temp!! You'll end up smoking the wool!!
You need to use think, coarse steel wool!! Like scouring pads.

Quote:
What kind of steel wool is recommended to avoid this?

Once again, I wrote: "...if you get yourself a piece of "Brillo" or "Chore Boy", which are brands of thick, steel mesh scouring pads. Like in the dish washing section of the super market".
Some headshops even sell "pipe-sized" pieces of Brillo, one at a time. Mainly to the crackhead market!
FYI, you still need to cook off the brass coating though!!

These are what work best. (just ask your friendly neighborhood crackhead)

Many DMT explorers use "The Machine" to launch with, it is a very popular method/topic at "forums.mycotopia.net"!!
Although the steel mesh thing works much better when used with a regular "hash" pipe", like yours!! Preferably with a bubbler, IMHO.

Cheers!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

xibalbaNOW
#8 Posted : 7/21/2008 4:24:29 PM

The Giddy Aunt

You're correct about The Machine, and it probably deserves its own post (if it hasnt had one already).

The post on mycotopia is here: http://forums.mycotopia....mt-pipe-83484machine.jpg

And to think, we DMT journeymen are yet again the unseen market force, this time in the Cognac industry!

Come on kids, make your own Machine and blast off like never before.

You're welcome,
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

WSaged
#9 Posted : 7/21/2008 9:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And to think, we DMT journeymen are yet again the unseen market force, this time in the Cognac industry!

Come on kids, make your own Machine and blast off like never before.

IMHO, get yourself a new, small, glass bubbler (water-pipe, like for weed) and stuff the Brillo in there!! Use just enough water to make a few bubbles and you get the easy, big ass hits like "The Machine". Plus a chamber to collect the smoke in and a little water cooling!!!

Swear to god, Smoothest Hits Ever!!!
And so much easier than "The Machine" to come by!!

One could also get a special pull stem/bowl for their favorite Bong and use it exclusively for DMT.
One, bowl used normally for herbs & one bowl used with a Brillo, for Spice!!
The bong chamber would allow you to fill it up before inhaling and you could see that your getting a full milky hit!!
Once again, make sure to use just enough water to make a few bubbles, and lukewarm, no ice! You don't want to help the DMT vapor to start cooling and recrystalizing in the bong or before getting to your lungs! Not too big a worry though.

Enjoy!!

WS

xibalbaNOW
#10 Posted : 7/21/2008 10:07:33 PM

The Giddy Aunt

What's easier to come by than a single serving Hennessey Cognac bottle?!

And i have to say you're wrong about using water: in a process where you're turning a solid into a liquid into a gas you dont want a cooling effect on the smoke, or else that precious DMT smoke will condense into your water and you'll miss your dose.

The Machine is The Way. Believe.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

WSaged
#11 Posted : 7/22/2008 1:18:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And i have to say you're wrong about using water: in a process where you're turning a solid into a liquid into a gas you dont want a cooling effect on the smoke, or else that precious DMT smoke will condense into your water and you'll miss your dose.

From many, many experiences, I can say first hand, I've tried it both ways, and its not a problem!!
Go ahead & burn your throat.
I'll take mine cool and smooth.
We will both get off the same!!
Once again I say this from experience, not just theory.

Try it, or not.

WS