We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extracting mild entheogens (blue lotus, wild dagga, ect.) Options

Mescalito
#1 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:12:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been trying to get info on making ruff extractions of plants like Wild Dagga, Blue Lotus and Cats Claw. I've found a few reports of experiments online, mainly just simple acetone extracts, but I've never seen reports of the conclusion.

I guess acetone would pull at least something out of the herbs. I'm not looking for pure lotusophamine/catsyclawanide/whatever, but something that pure enough to evaporate over some mullein or marshmallow and provide a reasonable stoney smoke.

Does anyone know of any tried and tested methods I could use?
[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3631/smallsignature.jpg[/img]

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#2 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:31:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Here is what I did to enhance blue lotus leaf. A small modification could allow you to harvest just the extract, leaving behind all the plant material.

I added acetone, water, and naphtha to 50 grams of blue lotus flowers and shook for a few minutes every hour, then let it sit overnight. The next day I shook it a few more times, then strained out the solvents. I evaporated the solvents down onto 5 grams of flowers and got 10x Blue Lotus. It works perfectly fine, and is easy to smoke. My friend will be using some of the 10x Blue Lotus, and if my Calea z. plant yields enough leaves, some 5x or 10x Calea to make Electric Sheep changa.

If you want just the extract, then evaporate the solvents down in an evaporating dish instead of evaporating them onto plant material. The reason I used three solvents is that I didn't know the solubility profiles of the various actives, so I just did a full-spectrum extract of all nonpolar, polar aprotic, and polar protic compounds that I could get out of the flowers.

If you don't want to use 3 solvents but you still want full-spectrum extraction, then using an alcohol together with a nonpolar solvent should work pretty well, as alcohols are polar but only weakly protic. You could mix, for example, naphtha and everclear to do the extraction, and you're likely to get most alkaloids out of the plant.

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 6/14/2010 1:12:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I did essentially the same thing. 10 grams blue lily petals and stamens extracted into everclear, over a couple weeks, filtered, and then evaporated onto 1g blue lily petals only (they're a smoother vape/smoke than the stamens).

It could be more potent. I think a higher concentration, and possibly a cleaner extract, would be a fine meditation aid.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 6/14/2010 9:22:45 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

busy on a leonotis extraction that seems to be working quite well.
first the flowers were soaked in meoh - then filtered and evapped.
the resin disolved in some ipa - filtered then evapped.
the resin picked up in a tiny amount of ipa then waterbombed.
currently - 2 days later the solids are falling out - there is a layer of creme/beige sediment settling out of the solution.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.