We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Seemingly perfect D-Limo extractions with no effect... ideas? Options

es123
#1 Posted : 6/8/2010 7:47:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is very puzzling to a guy I know, and he's wondering if anyone of you knowledgeable people can shed some light so he passed along this info.

He recently performed two separate D-Limo extractions as per 69ron on two different species. He is quite sure they were the real thing/accurately classified, as he got them from a very knowledgeable personal source. They were processed using:

GreenTerpene food-grade Limo
Seachem Kalkwasser calcium hydroxide
Standard 5% white kitchen vinegar
Klean-strip "100% pure" M.E.K

Here's the relevant stats:

Try 1:
Species: Trichocereus Pachanoi
Size: 20" x ~3.5"
Initial Cut weight: 2080g
Final Weight before Skinning: 1994g
----Core: 704g
----Waxy Skin: 33g
----Flesh: 1257g
Final Dry Weight: 100g

100g of dried powder were processed exactly as per the tech's instructions. A clean cotton T-shirt was substituted for a coffee press, and a turkey baster for the gravy separator.
Vinegar pulls from 2x D-Limo soaks were combined into a pyrex and evaporated overnight using a fan. No ovens/dehydrators/heat was used at any time. Next day the results were scraped up, washed 3x in M.E.K, yielding:

Sticky Brown Alkaloid mix: 1.41g
Waxy Tan Acetate: 1.13g

He subsequently assayed 200mg of the result, followed by an additional 150mg an hour later as per the suggested amounts in 69rons guide. Slightly stimulating body effects were felt, just enough to rule out placebo, but they peaked at about 1.5 hours and dissapeared. My friend was disappointed, but assumed he did something wrong/did not take enough. He was determined to try again, but this time he used a different species so he could compare the results.

Try 2:
Species: Trichocereus Bridgesii
Size: 19" x ~2.5"
Cut Weight: 1025g
----Core: 181g
----Waxy Skin: 27g
----Flesh: 808g
Final Dry Weight: 36g

The above was processed identically as the 1st attempt, cutting the limo/vinegar/etc measurements to roughly 1/3 to match the powder weight. Evap, scrape, MEK yielding:

Sticky Brown Alkaloid mix: 1.6g
Waxy Tan Acetate: 0.9g

The waxy powder was indentical in appearance, texture and smell to the first attempt, if you were to place them side by side you couldn't tell the difference. This led the guy to assume he was performing the extraction correctly, however not testing enough at once. He thought about it and figured that if he was boiling the cacti down to a tea in the oldschool method, he would consume everything yielded. Perhaps this was the reason for limits effects last time, so with some little trepidation he tested the entire 0.9g yield, figuring the only bad mescal experience is a weak one Razz .

To his great frustration, the experience was nearly the same as the first time; slight stimulation and body effects peaking at about 1.5 hours. He attempted boosting it with a strong cup of coffee and some of the leftover powder from Try 1, but it did nothing. Friend did note however, that he was unable to sleep that night until 3AM, roughly 15 hours after dose. This holds true of mescal effects he read.

So, there's that long story. The guy is unsure exactly what, if anything he did wrong. Maybe he is naturally resistant to the chemical? He can't imagine he isolated the wrong alkaloid from the cactus, being that both final results were the same from different species. So, if any of you experienced psychonauts can offer any advice, I'll pass it along to him and he would be most thankful. He really enjoys the process of this tech, but will probably go the nasty tea method in future attempts.

Sticky evap scrapes:

After 3 MEK washes:

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

wade
#2 Posted : 6/8/2010 9:16:36 PM

wade

Some people seem to need a lot of this material to get effects
Next time try consuming more and see what happens

dg
#3 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:07:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ever test your ph at all?
how basic was your solution,
was the np basic before it was salted?
to what ph did you titrate? any idea?

lots of people prefer teas to extract where bridgessi is concerned (more so than other trichos by far)- even "full spectrum" extracts

Eden
#4 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had similar issues as you.

First attempt: 250mg followed by 150mg
Could definitely tell I was under the influence of something, but no psychedelia.

Second attempt: 800mg
More of the same.

Since then, I have given up on using mescaline alone to achieve psychedelic effects but it is still great at 50-100mg doses.
However, mescaline+lsd is absolutely devine. I rarely consume lsd alone anymore.

es123
#5 Posted : 6/12/2010 1:33:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wade wrote:
Some people seem to need a lot of this material to get effects
Next time try consuming more and see what happens

My friend thought this as well, but after he consumed what was equal to roughly 35" of cacti he decided something else was wrong Laughing

dg wrote:
ever test your ph at all?
how basic was your solution,
was the np basic before it was salted?
to what ph did you titrate? any idea?

lots of people prefer teas to extract where bridgessi is concerned (more so than other trichos by far)- even "full spectrum" extracts

No, PH levels weren't checked at all, as that wasn't suggested in 69ron's tek and the supplies were hard enough to round up as it was Very happy I am beginning to think you are right about the tea.

Eden wrote:
I had similar issues as you.
Since then, I have given up on using mescaline alone to achieve psychedelic effects but it is still great at 50-100mg doses.
However, mescaline+lsd is absolutely devine. I rarely consume lsd alone anymore.

Interesting. Perhaps some are just resistant, what a bummer though.

Thanks for the replies folks.