We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using Q21Q21 Tek - accidently got some water in the mix...should I do anything? Options

physics envy
#1 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is using the q21q21 tek: 100g MHRB + 200ml Vinegar stirred for an hour, then 100g Pickling Lime added, stirred, and kept warm with the double-boiler style setup. SWIM did a test pull after about 1.5 hrs with some naphtha, and continued warming & stirring the mixture. At about the 3 hr mark, SWIM accidentally spilled some water in the mixture while refilling the water bath (SWIM is pissed at himself for being so clumsy!).

So now the mixture is rather runny. What are the implications of this and should anything be done? Should SWIM give it some extra hours to evaporate or dry out? Could SWIM add some more lime to dry it out? Should SWIM just continue on and do another pull in a while and not worry?

Thanks so much for helping during SWIM's dense moments!!
Salvia quid enthusiast

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 6/10/2010 2:14:55 AM

SWIM

More lime could help, it will not hurt, that's for sure.

As long as the naptha keeps relatively separate from the bark then SWIY could continue just the same and use a turkey baster for the seperation, just don't still to hard because lime-water-naptha emulsions are terrible

Also adding more bark would work too, you could just add the bark and it would take a couple extra days to freebase, or soak the bark in enough vinegar to make it red then add it.... though that might not help that much

SWIY could also just leave it out for a few days if it is really watery.

No need to be frustrated, all the gold is still in the bark. SWIM spills too... actually he did today, luckily it was a filtered post-manske rue extraction so it had no harmalas in it. Made a big mess though Very happy
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

physics envy
#3 Posted : 6/10/2010 3:44:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks q21q21...SWIM did add a bit of lime and it helped a little. He thinks he was able to do a pull just fine so he'll do a few more and see how they turn out in the morning.

Oh - one more question if SWIM may...is the 15-20 minute wait after pouring in the naphtha necessary? It seems the layer separates very quickly - if the solvent has been thoroughly mixed in, will it grab most of the freebased dmt right off the bat?

Thanks again!
Salvia quid enthusiast

q21q21
#4 Posted : 6/10/2010 6:51:42 AM

SWIM

if SWIY mixes it well then 5-10 minutes could work fine.

SWIM hasn't tested it down to the exact number but he has seen no difference between pulls of xylene/d-limonene over 20 minutes vs up to 2 days
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs