We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
awwwww shit... Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:03:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

swim got the green light from his boss/prof. to obtain a sample of DMT from a colleague to run through our mass spec

he was interested in the new paper swim was reading (posted in the other thread), so swim printed it out

Cool
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sublime
#2 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:07:18 PM

Intraterrestrial

I'm not sure I understand, what is your occupation and what is intended to be done with the DMT? You work in a laboratory doing what?
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:08:23 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Awesome...any possibility of having SWIM run a phalaris extraction result through the MS at some point down the road?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:09:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

he works with chemistry and he got the go-ahead for testing dmt extracts with very precise instruments, which is great Smile

benz, question... appart from underground research, can results of something like this, be published officially ?

benzyme
#5 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:10:06 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Awesome...any possibility of having SWIM run a phalaris extraction result through the MS at some point down the road?

yes Very happy
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:11:08 PM

analytical chemist

endlessness wrote:

benz, question... appart from underground research, can results of something like this, be published officially ?

only off the record. a standard would need to be obtained with a d.ea license

benzyme
#7 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:12:22 PM

analytical chemist

Sublime wrote:
I'm not sure I understand, what is your occupation and what is intended to be done with the DMT? You work in a laboratory doing what?

SWIM is a bioanalytical chemist. he works in a proteomics research lab, analyzing samples using capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:15:00 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

benzyme wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

yes Very happy

If you do so then you might provide the world with the next step to freedom of DMT sourcing.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Sublime
#9 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:20:50 PM

Intraterrestrial

Very cool benzyme, you have an interesting and complex occupation, something I would envy, I was always interested in chemistry. Good luck shedding some light on dimethyltryptamine.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

pinche
#10 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:24:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme.....YES,YES,YES....Please publish!

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:31:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

HELL yes Pleased
it's a sound

#12 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

our man on the inside. Good job, benz
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

benzyme
#13 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:34:03 AM

analytical chemist

thanks for the support...
got a lot planned, it all starts this weekend, and into next week.

can anyone get access to this article?

a search through my school library's proxy server doesn't bring up any results

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:36:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i can see the article cover page..but says i have to buy it...so no
it's a sound

benzyme
#15 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:41:46 AM

analytical chemist

no worries, I'll try to get it tomorrow

*edit* says this article is still in press, so it's not in journal format yet. it's just an accepted manuscript Confused

mattimus
#16 Posted : 6/9/2010 6:35:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Best of luck!!
With great power comes great responsibility, but,
I don't know a better man than you for the job.
Rock it Cool

(p.s. check ur pm's)
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

endlessness
#17 Posted : 6/9/2010 9:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
thanks for the support...
got a lot planned, it all starts this weekend, and into next week.

can anyone get access to this article?

a search through my school library's proxy server doesn't bring up any results

here you go

benzyme
#18 Posted : 6/9/2010 1:24:56 PM

analytical chemist

thanks, guys

the manuscript just lists refs mostly. Confused
found this other one

jbark
#19 Posted : 6/9/2010 1:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Way to go Benzyme! Can't wait to read your results! another piece of the shadow illuminated...?

Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Virola78
#20 Posted : 6/9/2010 2:14:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme is a hero Very happy

supported by other heroes... like endlessness

(and lets not forget the previous efforts (mescaline) by burnt)

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

12NEXT