We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dry vs fresh cactus resin Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 5/24/2010 1:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced resin derived from both fresh and dry cactus?

My first resin experience was with 2g of resin derived from a homegrown peruvian torch cactus. Some mild and short term stomach discomfort, gave way to a quite powerful, pleasant dreamy intoxication, which later shifted into an amazing blissful MDMA-like euphoria...needless to say I was very impressed.

Following this I made another batch derived from dried peruvian torch skins...3g of this resulted in hours of stomach cramps, at times pretty damn painful, followed by a subtle dreamy, peaceful feeling for the day (the discomfort was not worth the benefits).

Yesterday, enjoying the sunshine, I ingested 3g of resin derived from equal proportions of dried san pedro and peruvian torch skins (from a different source to the previous batch). This resulted only in stomach discomfort, vomiting, and no noticeable psychoactive effect.

Maybe my method is at fault, although I did the same thing each time...long/slow cooks with freeze/thaw in-between. Based on just these experiences, for me there was a CONSIDERABLE difference between the resin derived from fresh and dried cactus. Wondering if anyone else out there has noticed any kind of difference between fresh and dry cactus derived resin.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

kjb1891
#2 Posted : 5/24/2010 2:12:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has noticed this too. She hasn't tried the resin tek from fresh material yet but results from using dried material from a reputable vendor had almost no noticible effect.

SWIM isn't sure what would cause this difference between fresh and dried material using the resin tek because it doesn't really make much logical sense why it would work for fresh material and not dried. Maybe the natural freebase mescaline that is present in fresh material that is very water soluble gets converted into a different salt form that is less soluble in water when the material is dried?

Then again SWIM doesn't know what she's talking about sometimes Rolling eyes

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 5/26/2010 3:30:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your feedback...and I think SWIM might be on to something...I do think its pretty damn weird, but personally, for me, the difference in experience between fresh and dried cactus resin that I have experienced so far is profound...to be honest I'm not in any hurry to use dry cactus again...in the future I shall use fresh cactus for the resin tek instead. I would encourage you to do the same perhaps in the future to see if there is any difference.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 5/26/2010 4:00:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

This doesn't match with my experience at all.

So far I've only worked with dry cacti so I can't compare it to a fresh cacti experience, but out of the 3 resins I have made, none produced any discomfort or nausea whatsoever. Also the doses I use seem a lot higher to get the desired effect and the same dose of the same resins have been tested on 2 other people who report exactly the same.

I always consume on an empty stomach. Long boils with barely steaming water were used to make the resin.

I will try this with fresh cactus some day, but my babies aren't ripe for the world yet Smile

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 5/26/2010 6:32:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your feedback man. I wonder what is going on here...like you I also simmer the cactus over a long time with barely seaming water, and tend to eat the resin on an empty stomach. I wonder if too much acidic lemon juice could be partly responsible (half a lemon per cook). Marijuana, peppermint tea and even paracetemol failed to provide any relief from the pain of the stomach cramps.

Like you, I also have some young cacti growing, but they are a good few years away from mature. I have lots of resin left over, so I'm going to try extracting what's left via the limonene tek.

Virola78
#6 Posted : 5/26/2010 6:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experienced stomach discomfort with some extracted alkaloids (69ron tek using CaOH, xylene, vinegar, MEK)
The discomfort (cramped stomach) began after having a meal and some cola when i was already few hours into the (light) experience.

Btw the alkaloids were extracted from fresh pedro.
β€œThe most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

kjb1891
#7 Posted : 5/26/2010 8:24:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Also the doses I use seem a lot higher to get the desired effect

How much resin do you usually take to reach desired effect soulfood? SWIM is curious, because some other people report getting good effect in the 1-3g range it seems. Maybe the doses for resin made from fresh or dried material differ?

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 5/26/2010 8:29:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, the resin tek yields pretty much exactly half of the weight of the dried chips. The resin should therefore be about twice as potent as the chips, something my experiences back up. This is after 3-4 water pulls on dry chips, where the chips don't taste bitter after the last pull. How you guys get so amazing effects from just a few grams is really a mystery to me. A few grams resin will do not much more to me than act as a anti-depressive.

soulfood
#9 Posted : 5/26/2010 10:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

kjb1891 wrote:
soulfood wrote:
Also the doses I use seem a lot higher to get the desired effect

How much resin do you usually take to reach desired effect soulfood? SWIM is curious, because some other people report getting good effect in the 1-3g range it seems. Maybe the doses for resin made from fresh or dried material differ?

That's the thing with the resin. It's in no way standardised. My first resin gave solid OEV's at 6g's, but the most recent only gave slight animation of woodgrain patterns at 14g's.

I always use pure citric acid to acidify and I always use torch. I get more unpleasant side effects from pedro, even when extracted to pure acetates.

Astralking
#10 Posted : 5/27/2010 3:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not tried fresh cacti either (this has been very frustrating for me) but i've tried dried cacti chips twice. both made me feel sick and had very little in terms of psychoactive effects (i eneded up having some acid about 4 hours and that was a pretty strong but i felt no different from other acid trips).

If theres ANYONE that reports consistant good effects from dried chips and they ship to the uk. let me know and post in the suppliers part of the forum! same with fresh plants. I don't wanna grow any from seed Sad all the vendors reccomended to me by 'coatl a while back didnt have any instock (that shipped to england).
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

kjb1891
#11 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:24:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there any difference in the consistency of the resin made from dry versus fresh material in any of your experiences?

SWIM had a much harder dryer result from dried material while fresh material yielded a much softer stickier resin.