We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
nomans tek faliure? Options

Elliot
#1 Posted : 6/5/2010 10:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright well SWIM attempted nomans tek for the first time yesterday,
SWIM used 50 g of mhrb 50 g lye 750 ml water and 50 ml of naptha at first

alright so SWIM started by adding the lye to the water letting it sit till it clears.

then SWIM added the bark and let sit for 1 hour.

Then SWIM continued to add naptha and agitated a few times over the course of 15 min or so

SWIM extracted roughly half the naptha using a turkey baster and placed in shot glass then took it out again and placed in jar, capped placed in freezer.

SWIM poured in more naptha roughly what he took out agitated over a period of 30 min extracted placed in shot glass, poured into jar placed in fridge

SWIM added again roughly what naptha SWIM took out again and let sit over a period of 3 hours occasionally agitating. extracted placed in shot glass put into jar and into freezer.

SWIM woke up this morning and looked in SWIMS freezer. there seemed to be no crystals on the jars small speckles

SWIM uncapped them and poured out the naptha back into bassified water and let them sit to dry

its been a few ours now a there is almost no dmt crystals

SWIM recalls seeing crystals in the shot glass

but SWIMs FOAF washed the shot glass so thats gone

SWIMS question is

did SWIM do something wrong?

PS after adding naptha the first time before removing swim added a little bit of water to the jar.
All of my posts are fictional.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 6/5/2010 10:30:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds to me like SWIY's naptha wasnt saturated enough, 50ml naptha is alot to be using per pull.

The naptha should have sat longer, and aggitated more for longer periods, so that it could get as saturated as possible. You say that the naptha was thrown back into the mimosa soup? If so, roll that naptha around for a while, then pull that, then evap the naptha till it gets cloudy when blown on. Cover that and freeze it for a day or so, then pour the naptha out and cover the dish that was used for the freeze precip so no condesation forms inside the dish. After an hour you can open the dish, scrape up the goodies and let dry properly.

Elliot
#3 Posted : 6/5/2010 10:33:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you so much

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/6/2010 1:40:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also a mistake you did was throwing it away! why did you do that? never throw stuff away just because it didnt go as expected... DMT doesnt just dissapear, it can be saved

probably one thing that happened also was that your small amount of crystals melted when you took them out of the freezer because of trapped solvent warming up. Check this question in the FAQ, I think this way of retrieving the crystals from freeze precip is the best

better luck next time!

Elliot
#5 Posted : 6/6/2010 2:31:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't throw anything away it was all dumped quickly back into the basified solution.

I am thinking that my freezer may not be cold enough,

is an evap recomended?

gammagore
#6 Posted : 6/6/2010 11:25:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you havent thrown anything away and have put it all back in the soup, then all the molecule is still there. Re-pull again, and evap till it gets cloudy, then carry on with freeze precip, it makes it easier for the DMT to crash out when the solution is really saturated, make sure the freezer is on the coldest possible setting. After you have collected whatever DMT has fallen from the solution during the freeze precip, you can evap the rest of the solvent. So you will have two batches of DMT, one very clean freeze preciped batch and another not so clean regular evap batch.

By the way, your freezer, does it freeze ice-cream very hard? If it does, then your freezer is fine to use.

HyperD
#7 Posted : 6/6/2010 5:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also try to warm the naptha/mimosa mix in hot water and extract the hepthan/naptha after 20-30 minutes and i recommend to eveporate before freezer as well but dont eva. to much

Remember that when you walk through the door you just opened the experience can be compared to flip a coin
But the coin can have more than two sides