We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
2012 debunked extensively Options

Saidin
#101 Posted : 6/1/2010 10:38:15 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

burnt wrote:
But wouldn't you also be willing to admit that those subjective experiences could be delusions?

Have you ever met someone with serious psychosis? They really do have completely false ideas about reality and its obvious. It can even become obvious to them when they are medicated or when they snap out of it?

Could it also be possible that when someone sees a ghost they are just hallucinating?

Since its possible that both could be right you have to look at the evidence. The best way to do this is with objective analysis. When you objectively study paranormal claims they are nearly all debunked. Also some paranormal claims contradict fundamental aspects of reality and can easily be dismissed on that grounds alone. Although I think its useful to go the extra step and take a look at evidence.

I wholly admit that these experiences could be delusions and or hallucinations. Could you see it as possible that these things are actually a real, but as of yet misunderstood function of the univese we live in? It could be that these experiences are only meant to be experienced subjectively, or that the instrumentation has not become sophisticaed enough to detect them? Much the same with dark matter and dark energy, we think they are out there, but we do not have the instrumentation to detect them at this point.

Have you ever watched Ghost Hunters? There is some weird stuff they pick up in audio and video on that show that is not easily explainable.

In my opinion, they could both be right, and as of now there is just no way to know for sure.

I have had some experience with Alzheimers, and it is true that they are not able to relate to our consensus reality very well. But would it also be possible that their consciousness has shifted to a parallel universe, a phase shift of some kind (if you subscribe to multi-verse theory) and that what they are experiencing is real in a sense?

I am just making the point that there may be explanations for this stuff. There have been plenty of "credible" witnesses who have related these experiences, which doesn't negaate the delusion/hallucination explanation, but can call it into question.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

«PREV456