We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
what lye to use in australia Options

#1 Posted : 5/28/2010 9:59:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi.Im going to give extraction another go .I think my lye product wasnt 98% s/h so im wondering if any1 knows of definate products that are easy to get in australia .cheers
i wanna i wana pipe full of portholes

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pixel
#2 Posted : 5/28/2010 2:19:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've used "Caustic Soda" before and im in WA. The brand colors are red and black, and the bottle is white. The cleaning products aisle at a supermarket or around the paint section of Bunnings are always good places to look for NaOH.
I stick to caustic soda now after once using something called "Mr Muscle Man Drain Cleaner" which had tini tiny bits of aluminium dispersed throughout... haha, mmm aluminium, yummy.
Why do you think your lye product was not 98%?

#3 Posted : 6/1/2010 11:52:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the reply
oh just because last time extraction went to shit and i got nothing so im just trying to eliminate things ,the lye i got is called caustic soda brand is mechanix and it doesnt say a percentage but iv found out it is ok so im in th4 middle of another extraction hope it works
i wanna i wana pipe full of portholes