We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV22232425NEXT
Bufotenine Extraction Options

69ron
#461 Posted : 11/25/2009 8:04:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM doesn't like snorting the snuff or pure freebase bufotenine either.

Freebase bufotenine snorted is not so bad. A good dose is anywhere between 25-200 mg. It stings a tiny bit, that's all. But snorting is just plain unpleasant and not as potent as smoking it, so it's a waste. Whenever SWIM snorts anything he gets a headache, running nose, etc. The act of snorting is no fun for SWIM but it gets you to a more ayahuasca like state than smoking it does, but it's a little less visual that way and has more body load.

People who are used to snorting things are likely to enjoy it. SWIM just hates snorting anything at all.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Garulfo
#462 Posted : 11/25/2009 1:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

<<Soulfood, your extract looks quite clean compare to SWIM's misc attempts !

Did you toasted the seed before acetone extraction ?

soulfood
#463 Posted : 11/25/2009 1:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

The only time I toasted was after rebasing after the fumerate precipitation.

damiana
#464 Posted : 12/11/2009 7:38:09 PM

Cosmic Dragon

soulfood wrote:
If the result of a bufotenine extract dries hard and yellow without assistance is that a good sign?

This was on a small batch of seeds... maybe 5-10g's. I follwed jorkests tek up to the point where you have your dried sodium carbonate and extract after the fumerate stage in acetone. then I added naptha drop by drop until I had a few precipitates, then pour of the solvent and evapped.

Resulting metrial is hard and amber, but showing no signs of crystal formation... It's hard as rock though.

Hey I'm a bit confused. When and into what did you add naphtha drop by drop? Into the acetone with freebase in it?
PEACE

soulfood
#465 Posted : 12/11/2009 7:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, but don't do that.

You want a solvent thats not going to change in polarity for best results, so rather than adding more acetone you want to be stirring thoroughly.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with the ratios.

damiana
#466 Posted : 12/11/2009 7:53:12 PM

Cosmic Dragon

Wait sorry but I think I'm more confused, I don't need ratio's. After the bufo fumurate is freebased and dried, did you add that to the acetone:naphtha? Or was there a step in between I am missing?
PEACE

soulfood
#467 Posted : 12/11/2009 8:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well what I did there was extract from the basified fumerate salts with acetone:naphtha, just to cut a step out. But with all the sodium carbonate that was floating about, it may be a better idea to just pull from the basified material with acetone, then allow to evap at room temperature, then by looking a what you have left you can judge if further toasting is required.

It should be able to dry quite hard before the toxin removal stage, if not toast it until it does. There seems to be a gooey alkaloid present that easier to remove via toasting than via solvent washes.

nadir
#468 Posted : 1/19/2010 8:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim can't find any info on bufotenine salt solubility ( acetate / citrate)
can anyone help me?
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

arimane
#469 Posted : 6/1/2010 2:30:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about doing so:
toast seeds
grind them
add sodium carbonate with distilled water, stir
let it dry
put the seeds in a jar with DCM
Mix, shake the hell for some minutes, let it rest for few hours, shaking sometime
filter the DCM

From what I know freebase bufotenine should be soluble in DCM, but does it freeze precipitate, so that I can use the DCM again?
Is this tek possible? Here's so difficoult to find fumaric acid! (and also DCM wasn't easy, though)

Thanks,

Arimane
Bad, bad english

soulfood
#470 Posted : 6/1/2010 2:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I high doubt that Bufotenine will freeze precip out of DCM.

It would be amazing for defatting the seeds before basifying though.

69ron
#471 Posted : 6/1/2010 3:30:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufotenine will not freeze precipitate out of DCM. SWIM tried it before.

Bufotenine is soluble in boiling xylene, but insoluble in room temperature xylene. That’s the best crystallization solvent for bufotenine that I know of. But its dangerous to boil xylene (it could catch fire), and very smelly.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

arimane
#472 Posted : 6/1/2010 9:31:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, doing like I've said but without freeze precipitation, just by letting the DCM evaporating, should I obtain something?

Thanks for answers
Bad, bad english

69ron
#473 Posted : 6/1/2010 10:06:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arimane wrote:
So, doing like I've said but without freeze precipitation, just by letting the DCM evaporating, should I obtain something?

Thanks for answers

The seeds contain a ton of fats and oil. You should defat about 8 times or more with DCM before freebasing the bufotenine, then you'll get a better product. But you didn't mention a defat step so you'll get a sticky amber mess with a ton of oil in it because you didn't defat the seeds with DCM before extracting into DCM.

If you don't mind a little extra work and you already have the bufotenine in the DCM without defatting first, you can extract the bufotenine out of the DCM with acidic water (you only need 2 extractions), and then basify the water and extract with DCM again about 6 times. That will get you a much cleaner product, but it will still be sticky and contain a lot of the nauseating toxins in it. It won't be pure bufotenine, but it will be free of most of the fats and oils.

rahlii
#474 Posted : 7/10/2010 7:42:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did 69ron's tech in the second post. Used 20g of vilca seeds and got 0.25g of bufo. 1.25% yeild.

Mixed the 0.25g of bufo into
1g of DMT,
0.5 g of 10 x caapi leaf
0.5 g of caapi leaf

then mixed in 0.5g of iboga leaf once dry.

Nice... but a little nauseating. and in my experience Bufotenine definitely lasts longer in your system.

From where is the noise?

fraterS.O.L.
#475 Posted : 10/15/2010 2:49:55 AM

Bill Nye

Ive got my 1st bufo extraction goin now. I'm about to freebase the fumarates and pull with MEK:heptane. Just one question tho. Does MEK need to be dried like acetone? I could find any reference tpo anhydrous MEK when I googled it so I'm guessing not.
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

soulfood
#476 Posted : 10/15/2010 2:55:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's probably best to dry. I usually do.

fraterS.O.L.
#477 Posted : 10/16/2010 5:51:31 PM

Bill Nye

Alrighty I got some of my fums from the FASA turned into crude fb last night and pulled with 2:3 MEK:heptane. I let it sit out over night and its nearly down to the amount of heptane that I put in the mix, but its still smells like MEK and I don't see any precipitation. Is this because the MEK and the heptane are evaporating together? I was under the impression that the MEK would evaporate first leaving the bufo in the heptane as xtals. Should I just evap all the solvent I guess? Probably should have used more fumarate but I wanted to keep some in that form for the longer shelf life.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

fraterS.O.L.
#478 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:31:57 PM

Bill Nye

I just could not get th gunk to stick when I tried MEK then adding heptane like it says to do with acetone & naptha in the no-smell tek. I used the mix (2:3 MEK:heptane) premixed and it left some behind. After evaporating the solvent I enden up with a lighter brown goo. I tried over but just couldn't get it cleaner. So I just got done with a xylene boil. It turned a light yellow but I don't see clouding yet. Bufo should be insoluble in xylene period so I shouldn't have to reduce the volum should I? Its only about 75ml of xylene. t
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

fraterS.O.L.
#479 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:33:51 PM

Bill Nye

OOPS I spoke too soon. Its still warm and it clouded up. I gess I'm set. just a waiting game now
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

fraterS.O.L.
#480 Posted : 11/2/2010 5:47:08 PM

Bill Nye

I laid off this experiment for a while because the purification is just to tedious. I still have some brown gunk no matter what I do. For now I am re-xing all my gunk in xylene then plan to re-x several more times. I found this from a paper by Ott today though and plan to try it out in the near future. Anyone tried this? It seems easy, for me at least.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

«PREV22232425NEXT