We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Naptha seperated very quickly Options

buk
#1 Posted : 5/27/2010 5:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Naptha seperated really quickly, within 5 min of adding to the solution. Somehow Swim was thinking it would take a couple of hours before it seperated is this normal? also how long should he let it sit, the tek swim followed said 3 hours is this excessive?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 5/27/2010 5:18:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You make no mention of shaking or rolling or otherwise agitating your solution after adding your naptha. If you just poured it into the same container as your polar mhrb solution it will instantly separate as it is non-polar. Did you agitate the container at all?

I heavily basify my extractions and shake the crap out of them after I add the naptha. It takes about 10-15 minutes at the most to separate and forms no emulsion due to being such a high pH. I dont wait more than a total of 20 minutes (in general) from the time I add the naptha and shake it all up to the time I pull the naptha.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

buk
#3 Posted : 5/27/2010 6:30:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah rolled and shook it but quite gently because Swim was a bit concerned guess he oughta shake it more vigourously and let it sit for a little while.

buk
#4 Posted : 5/28/2010 11:06:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is pleased to report the freeze precip is going very successfully so guess he worried about nothing. Out of curiosity how long do you guys do the freeze precipitation. I've heard 3 days and I've heard 9 hours.

swim thinks he likely used a slightly excessive amount of naptha, would it be worth evapping after filtering out the xtals?

gammagore
#5 Posted : 5/28/2010 11:14:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to hear all is going wellSmile

Freeze time depends on how cold your freezer gets, if its super cold then it shouldnt need 3 days, but if you feel you have used slightly too much naphta, your solution wont be super saturated and the DMT will have a hard time crashing out. You should have evaped till it gets cloudy when you blow on it then freeze. So leave it in there for 2-3 days, filter out the xtals and then evap the solvent, if it does get cloudy during the evap, pop it back in the freezer again or just evap all the way.

buk
#6 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great thanks! Out of curiosity also is there any harm in filtering out the xtals and then putting the naptha back into the freezer?

Also the is the 'soup' with the acid/water solution likely to have anything left in it? Is it worth adding the naptha back to it afterwards rather than evapping it right away?

Oh yeah also is it safe to keep an airlock on the jar of 'soup' only swims not keen on it evapping into swims house

gammagore
#7 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:36:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

buk wrote:
great thanks! Out of curiosity also is there any harm in filtering out the xtals and then putting the naptha back into the freezer?

no harm, but i doupt you will get anymore spice to crash out, unless there is still spice in the solvent and the freezer is colder than before. So best is to re-use the naptha to pull from the soup some more, untill nothing comes out anymore.

buk wrote:
Also the is the 'soup' with the acid/water solution likely to have anything left in it? Is it worth adding the naptha back to it afterwards rather than evapping it right away?

do that, pull till nothing pulls anymore, do pulls with smaller amounts of naptha.

buk wrote:
Oh yeah also is it safe to keep an airlock on the jar of 'soup' only swims not keen on it evapping into swims house

yes its fine to keep it covered, no need to be airtight.

Trickster
#8 Posted : 5/28/2010 3:21:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

buk wrote:
Swim is pleased to report the freeze precip is going very successfully so guess he worried about nothing. Out of curiosity how long do you guys do the freeze precipitation. I've heard 3 days and I've heard 9 hours.

swim thinks he likely used a slightly excessive amount of naptha, would it be worth evapping after filtering out the xtals?

SWIM's record freeze-precipitation time is 3.5 hrs. Evaporation of remaining naphta has shown that there was no spice left in it.

Prior to freeze-precipitation naphta was reduced from 80 ml (4 combined pulls) to ~15 ml.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

buk
#9 Posted : 5/29/2010 9:54:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow thats very quick. Swim is very pleased with the result. Very clean and white and a good quantity a deffinate success! Prehaps the only slight problem is size of the xtals. They didnt seem to cluster and make a very fine powder. Is this prehaps because they needed longer in the freezer or the type of naptha used?

Do the other naptha pulls need to be made right away? will the 'soup' go bad?

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it! Smile

gammagore
#10 Posted : 5/29/2010 10:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No you dont need to pull right away and the soup wont go bad, ive had soup sit around for a few weeks and was still able to pull moleculeSmile

I dont think the naptha had anything to do with xtal size, when doing a freeze precip, big xtals are'nt that common. For big xtals you need really saturated solvent and a slow evap with a small gap for the solvent to evap out of, or you put naptha in frigde, then freezer, then fridge then freezer again.

But in all fairness, big xtals are nice to look at, but at the end of the day, they all end up the same way, VAPED!!Smile or infused to make Changa.

Happy days.

buk
#11 Posted : 5/29/2010 11:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I guess so, maybe I'll try the fridge freezer combo next time. Thanks!

buk
#12 Posted : 5/30/2010 1:02:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I may as well ask now rather than later, in this flurry of questions, how long would you reccomend putting in fridge before moving to freezer, and do you meen to then move it back to the fridge at some point to warm it up and then return to freezer?

soulfood
#13 Posted : 5/30/2010 1:12:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

After you place it in the fridge it will go cloudy after a while if it isn't already. Then after a while the cloud will clear up and there will be some crystals starting to form. I'd leave it for a couple of hours after the cloud clears up, then put it in the freezer.

I never understood the whole thing where you keep taking stuff out of the freezer and putting it back in the fridge for a couple of days.

I just get my solvent as saturated as possible so it's cloudy at room temp. Then the cloud will clear and I'll leave it by an open window so it gets a little cloudy again. Then when that clears put it outside, fridge, freezer.

Slow freeze = Awesome crystals Smile

For the record, I find that these fine shards vape much easier than clumps of crumb-like crystals.

gammagore
#14 Posted : 5/30/2010 2:19:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

buk, the solvent should be super-saturated for nice xtals to grow, if your solvent isnt super-saturated the xtals will have a hard time grow, and they will just end up being clumps of spice.

Personaly when I want to get those big xtals, I do my first freeze precip, then I collect the Spice(clean it if needed), then dissolve it in a small amount of solvent, then I cover the evap dish with a coaster and just leave a small gap for the solvent to evap. Leave it somwhere where it wont be disturbed for a few days. Or you can go with soulfood's way. Experiment a bit and find what way you like best.

buk
#15 Posted : 5/30/2010 2:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah great thanks Smile