We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"69ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Extraction" Options

alleyezonme
#1 Posted : 4/12/2010 8:04:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Procedure for Purification of Mescaline Acetate Image:Cog.png
1. Dissolve 200 mg of impure sticky amber mescaline acetate in 2 ml of cold MEK.
NOTE Image:Information.png

Cold MEK referring to Methyl Ethyl Ketone stored in the refrigerator or freezer (It will not freeze).

2. Smash the pure mescaline finely in the MEK. You want the mescaline acetate to form a fine powder at the bottom. Wait for a while until the mescaline acetate powder sinks to the bottom.
3. Decant the MEK slowly, being careful not to disturb the mescaline acetate.
4. Repeat with 2 ml more cold MEK.
5. After the second wash and decant, dry the mescaline acetate with a fan. After all the smell of the MEK is gone, you're left with off-white nearly pure mescaline acetate.

I am a little confused about this step. What container would I do this in?

If I'm not mistaken I get MEK, measure out 2ml (is it a liquid?), put that in the freezer over night?

Ty for any help

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

digglover
#2 Posted : 4/13/2010 12:12:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MEK is a liquid. Its in the paint section of the hardware store.
Put the can in your freezer (It won't freeze).
Take out 2mL and add it to a small beaker or jar. Mix in the mescaline acetate and smash. Pour out the MEK, leaving the whiter mescaline.
Then do it again.

Does that sort it out?
I am a creative writing student. All my writing on this forum is for an assignment on postmodern storytelling. Please give me constructive feedback.

alleyezonme
#3 Posted : 4/13/2010 3:58:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very much so, except what do you mean by smash? Like smash it with a knife?

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 4/13/2010 4:22:44 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

alleyezonme wrote:

Laughing Yes, like, smash it with a knife...then, cut it with a hammer (or even better a muddle).

you guys crack me up
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

digglover
#5 Posted : 4/13/2010 4:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

alleyezonme wrote:

When the acetate comes into contact with the cold MEK, it hardens up (a bit like an icecube) and so you break it apart to expose more surface area. I used the tip of a knife but anything'll work...
I am a creative writing student. All my writing on this forum is for an assignment on postmodern storytelling. Please give me constructive feedback.

alleyezonme
#6 Posted : 4/13/2010 4:59:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lol sorry I did not know what cold MEK + acetate = solid Razz

But ok ty, I think I finally understand everything. You guys were very helpful, I'll post if I have any more questions Smile

alleyezonme
#7 Posted : 4/13/2010 8:41:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel like an idiot but something still isn't working for me.

"1. Dissolve 200 mg of impure sticky amber mescaline acetate in 2 ml of cold MEK."

How long does it take for it to dissolve in the MEK? I put ~900mg with 9ml of MEK and it seems like something isn't working.

I am trying to identify my problem now and see what I am doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is maybe I'm not letting it dissolve long enough. I put the 900mg of mesc in a shot glass, filled it with 9ml of MEK, and now am trying to get it to dissolve but it seems like the mescaline and the impurities are all staying in the shot glass and not dissolving.

What if I put too much MEK? What would that do?

What if the MEK is warm? (mine isn't it is cold, I am just wondering why the MEK has to be cold)

Ty

alleyezonme
#8 Posted : 4/14/2010 2:00:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No one? Sad

skwrlgurl
#9 Posted : 4/14/2010 2:14:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't help you, but perhaps you can PM a member that is experienced with this tek to see if they can help you?

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 4/14/2010 2:26:11 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

alleyezonme wrote:
I feel like an idiot but something still isn't working for me.

"1. Dissolve 200 mg of impure sticky amber mescaline acetate in 2 ml of cold MEK."

How long does it take for it to dissolve in the MEK? I put ~900mg with 9ml of MEK and it seems like something isn't working.

I am trying to identify my problem now and see what I am doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is maybe I'm not letting it dissolve long enough. I put the 900mg of mesc in a shot glass, filled it with 9ml of MEK, and now am trying to get it to dissolve but it seems like the mescaline and the impurities are all staying in the shot glass and not dissolving.

What if I put too much MEK? What would that do?

What if the MEK is warm? (mine isn't it is cold, I am just wondering why the MEK has to be cold)

Ty

OK, this is bad wording here; the tek does not mean "dissolving" but rather "washing". Obviously mescaline acetate will have hard time dissolving in MEK in contrast to the other contaminating alkies.

The rationale is that other acetate alkies are soluble in MEK whereas mescaline acetate is not. mescaline acetate is also expected to be slightly soluble in MEK, but this is brought to an absolute minimum with ice cold MEK.

So, wash the acetate goo with cold mek -> stuff that dissolves=impurities and can be separated. stuff that doesn not dissolve and precipitate = mescaline acetate.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Entropymancer
#11 Posted : 4/14/2010 2:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

(I haven't used this tek, but...) I think the idea is that the mescaline acetate is insoluble in MEK, the MEK only picks up the impurities, while the mescaline acetate hardens up. The MEK is supposed to be cold to make sure the solubility of the acetates is minimal. The fact that it's not dissolving is good.

Edit: Looks like Infun beat me to it

alleyezonme
#12 Posted : 4/14/2010 3:42:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm ok, after I looked at it today (evaporated after my first wash) it looks a lot cleaner and a lot more "powdery" I guess. There is still a little tan tint to it and some part is still brown/red and sticky. I'm gonna try one more wash today, see if this time it works better now that I know what I'm doing (even though I basically did it right, just didn't think I did). I went down from about 980mg to 320mg Sad

Oh, and do I lose any mescaline by dissolving it in water then evaporating it and scraping it up again? That's what I've been doing after the MEK evaporation to make sure I get all of it because I can't reach into the glass I use for the purification.

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 4/14/2010 3:55:53 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

alleyezonme wrote:
I went down from about 980mg to 320mg Sad

Welcome to the world of extractions. A common rule is the inverse relationship between yield and purity. The purer you get the less your total yield simply put.

You understand that 980mg is basically a mixture of alkaloids, whereas 320mg is mostly mescaline, right? And of course you didn't lose the 660mg if you evaporated the MEK down and retrieved the residue (=the other alkaloids). Basically, what you effectively did was to get a better fine-tuning of your dosage. Now you know to estimate how much mescaline your extract has better.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

alleyezonme
#14 Posted : 4/14/2010 3:58:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand how it works, I have been in the world of drugs a little while now and always know I would rather have a smaller amount pure than a larger amount cut.

I just finished a final MEK wash. It seemed to all work good, except my mesc is still a brownish/red/orange tint? What would have caused this to happen? Is it still safe to take?

Edit:
Could I have put it to close to the heat in the dehydrator and actually burned it or something? When I've been evaporating everything the glass it's in has gotten pretty hot, could that be why?

adorno
#15 Posted : 5/28/2010 9:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay guys, SWIM is totally new to the world of home extractions and was thinking of trying the "69ron" extraction on some San Pedro cactus he recently ordered. He had a VERY dumb question for you all, but hopefully you all will answer. On step six where it says "Repeat steps 4 and 5 at least 2-3 times," does that mean one would take the d-limonene left over from the last step 5 and add an additional 25ml of vinegar to that? (Is this what folks are referring to as a "second pull?"Pleased And, if so, what the heck does step seven ("Repeat steps 2 - 6 at least 2 time"Pleased mean? Does step seven mean that you take the results of your first attempt and run the whole extraction again as if that stuff were the plant material?? I don't understand step seven! Anyways, thank you very much everyone for making this information available!