We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Chamomile tea potentiates psychedelics? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:36:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was reading a while ago, looking for information on psychedelic potentiaters and came across a few posts stating that drinking chamomile tea at the tail end of a mushroom trip will cause the trip to greatly intensify.

SWIM has not used mushrooms since he stopped growing them, and doesn’t have any to test this out.

Does anyone here know if this works. If so, can chamomile tea also potentiate the effects of other psychedelics?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PureMan
#2 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:42:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Have you tried mixing with spice?

69ron
#3 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:51:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chamomile tea is really nice tasting. Most people say it’s relaxing, but I find it stimulating and slightly euphoric.

SWIM has never combined chamomile with anything before and doesn't have any chamomile tea at the moment to test, but is thinking of buying some to test this out.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PureMan
#4 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:01:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking tomorrow I'll pick up some chamomile! Smile

69ron
#5 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:07:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My wife likes drinking all kinds of teas, and she usually has some chamomile sitting around, but no luck today. All she has is normal Lipton tea.

Here’s the quote that got me intrigued

Quote:
Another thing that also potentiates shrooms is chamomile tea.I discovered this by accident some years ago.I was coming down from a shroomtrance and decided to drink some chamomile to mellow out.10 minutes later i was peaking all over again with the visuals and all.So I decided to try drinking some chamomile the next time I shroomed out and yeah baby!chamomile makes cubes kick some serious ass.

That's from http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17561

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:13:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Several flavonoids found in chamomile, the most notable being quercetin, are inhibitors of Cytochrome P450 enzymes, including CYP3A4. CYP3A4 is vital to the metabolism of entheogenic tryptamines, thus a potentiating and/or a lengthened duration of effects is to be assumed.

69ron
#7 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:30:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
Several flavonoids found in chamomile, the most notable being quercetin, are inhibitors of Cytochrome P450 enzymes, including CYP3A4. CYP3A4 is vital to the metabolism of entheogenic tryptamines, thus a potentiating and/or a lengthened duration of effects is to be assumed.

Yes, I’ve read that. But why is it that I can’t find a ton of people saying, “DRINK CHAMOMILE TO TRIP HARDER!”. Why is it just a few posts exist about this? That one post above makes it sound like the potentiation is pretty strong: "10 minutes later i was peaking all over again".

69ron
#8 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:32:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If this is true, then why is it not added to ayahuasca?

It seems to me that you could make a super ayahuasca by adding chamomile to it. Would that be dangerous?

Ginkgo
#9 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:39:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a ton of more or less common herbs that inhibit certain enzymes and therefore will potentiate mushrooms and the like, but they are not all that regular used. Pepper and starfruit for example. Blackcurrant is an MAOI, but it is not used that often.

The real potentiation one will get from chamomile and other related inhibitors is very variable, as it is great variations in the concentration of these enzymes from person to person. I guess the reason few people use chamomile this way is because it does not work so well for everyone. Likely also because people don't know about it, so it is really great of you to post about it here, thanks a lot for that! Smile

Ginkgo
#10 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:44:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
If this is true, then why is it not added to ayahuasca?

It seems to me that you could make a super ayahuasca by adding chamomile to it. Would that be dangerous?

I guess that might work, and I can see no reason why it should be dangerous. If you are taking any other medications or drugs, however, it might be dangerous. That goes for Ayahuasca without chamomile nonetheless.

By the way, the tea plant (Camellia sinensis) is also a great source for quercetin (0.2-0.25%). If you drink a strong cup of green tea at the end of a mushroom trip, it should do the same as a cup of chamomile tea will do.

69ron
#11 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:48:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM gets a stimulant euphoriant effect from strong chamomile tea. It almost feels like a trip is about to start for a few hours and then it fades away. It feels like a tryptamine high, but is not at all psychedelic.

SWIM is going to have to look into this a little more. If it works for shrooms it should probably work for bufotenine, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and the rest.

Achuma has quercetin in it which is an inhibitor of CYP3A4, and if you take achuma with LSA/LSH containing seeds, you’ll get a super strong effect from the seeds. I know it’s not the mescaline doing it because SWIM tried it with the mescaline removed and still gets the super potentiation of the LSA/LSH. It’s like 5-10 times stronger.

I’m wondering if chamomile tea would potentiate LSA/LSH or even LSD?

PureMan
#12 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an interesting development. I will have to experiment.

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 5/27/2010 10:00:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Well SWIM gets a stimulant euphoriant effect from strong chamomile tea. It almost feels like a trip is about to start for a few hours and then it fades away. It feels like a tryptamine high, but is not at all psychedelic.
From a strong cup, I also get a slightly euphoric effect. I don't know if I can call it stimulating, I feel a bit sedated in my body and a bit more focused in my mind.
69ron wrote:
SWIM is going to have to look into this a little more. If it works for shrooms it should probably work for bufotenine, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and the rest.
Likely, yes. Cytochrome P450 is a large family of enzymes, and I don't know if very much is known about what enzymes act or the ones mentioned. I do know that CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 is vital, though.
69ron wrote:
Achuma has quercetin in it which is an inhibitor of CYP3A4, and if you take achuma with LSA/LSH containing seeds, you’ll get a super strong effect from the seeds. I know it’s not the mescaline doing it because SWIM tried it with the mescaline removed and still gets the super potentiation of the LSA/LSH. It’s like 5-10 times stronger.
This is interesting! Remember that achuma also have substances that act as MAOIs. I think the potentiating of LSA/LSH is likely to be a combination of quercetin and the MAOIs.
69ron wrote:
I’m wondering if chamomile tea would potentiate LSA/LSH or even LSD?
The metabolism of LSD and the like is not properly investigated, but yes, it might perhaps work. It may also be that CYP2D6 is the most central one with ergolines.

69ron
#14 Posted : 5/27/2010 10:08:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
69ron wrote:
From a strong cup, I also get a slightly euphoric effect. I don't know if I can call it stimulating, I feel a bit sedated in my body and a bit more focused in my mind.

Yea, it’s known for making you feel sedated. But it doesn’t do that to me one bit. I don’t know why. One time I made tea using 5 tea bags. I felt pretty stimulated, mild euphoria, and I couldn’t sleep until it wore off. Strange. Everyone else says its mildly sedating. I can’t detect even the slightest hint of sedation from it. I makes me perky and talkative.

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 5/27/2010 11:44:15 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

No shit, Flowing Visions stocks chamomile apparently. Horrendously ridiculous. No doubt if anyone here makes a thread called "Is tea made out of used sanitary towels psychedelic?" they'll start stocking them apparently?

BTW, chamomile sends SWIM to sleep after 1-2 cups.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 5/27/2010 1:54:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tried 7 treabags. Definatly sedating for me. Would like too hear more about the possible potentiation of tryptamines.

g13juggalo
#17 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:02:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
No shit, Flowing Visions stocks chamomile apparently. Horrendously ridiculous. No doubt if anyone here makes a thread called "Is tea made out of used sanitary towels psychedelic?" they'll start stocking them apparently?

Don't BBB and iamshaman stock a lot of tea though?
I don't think its odd that a botanical store, even those aimed at psychoactive botanicals, stocks tea. Especially one with mild affects

ms_manic_minxx
#18 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:14:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I put chamomile flowers in changa sometimes and it always makes for a lovely, lucid, uplifting blend, mentally, while physically I am relaxed. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#19 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive never experiences anything like that from chamomile tea, and ive drank lots of it. Maybe i just never noticed who knows.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#20 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:39:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

Where have you been? FV has been selling yerba mate tea, chamomile tea, green tea, cut black tea, peppermint, and a few others for quite a while now. I’ve been getting them as free samples periodically for several months now. Never bought any though.

123NEXT