We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nicotania rustica Options

hummus
#1 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could this be a potential admixture for changa? Apparently it does have quite high levels of harmala alkaloids owing to it's entheogenic use and as an ingredient in ayahuasca. It would be interesting to try depositing some dmt on some rustica leaf and seeing what the effects are. Only problem I can see is it's also very potent in nicotine so it'd have to be in small amounts but the maoi's might not be strong enough then.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Folding Worm•
#2 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes
You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you. - Robert Anton Wilson

Dorge
#3 Posted : 5/12/2010 4:46:24 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

it is a good admixture... but you dont work with too much of it at once... and it will not replace the harmala content...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

mogascreeta
#4 Posted : 5/13/2010 3:59:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
it is a good admixture... but you dont work with too much of it at once... and it will not replace the harmala content...

yeah N. rustica is pretty damn harsh on the lungs. i can get a pretty strong nicotine buzz with just a couple big hits
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 5/13/2010 4:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you don't like the harsh smoke, I would suggest making an infusion you use as a snuff. Leave the leaves in hot water for some time, evaporate some of the water, and the resulting oily substance can be snorted. I was taught this by a shaman from the Shuar tribe in Ecuador, and I must say it is a really good way of ingestion. Burns a little, but the effect is just great. The Shuar shamans pass around this snuff right before a drink of piri-piri, then the Ayahuasca is served.

mogascreeta
#6 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:17:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
If you don't like the harsh smoke, I would suggest making an infusion you use as a snuff. Leave the leaves in hot water for some time, evaporate some of the water, and the resulting oily substance can be snorted. I was taught this by a shaman from the Shuar tribe in Ecuador, and I must say it is a really good way of ingestion. Burns a little, but the effect is just great. The Shuar shamans pass around this snuff right before a drink of piri-piri, then the Ayahuasca is served.

so it basically a hot-water extraction? or do you snort the actual plant material also?

sorry it takes so long to reply my laptop is broken so my computer access is very limited
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Ginkgo
#7 Posted : 5/24/2010 10:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, basically it's a hot-water extraction. The plant material should be discarded, but may sometimes be used several times.

arimane
#8 Posted : 5/24/2010 11:32:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I was taught this by a shaman from the Shuar tribe in Ecuador, and I must say it is a really good way of ingestion

Yes, I've learn this tek from them too (not directly, unfortunately)... but they add lemon, from what I know, to nicotiana and water, and they use the leaves like 3 time, from what I know.

I find nicotiana too harsh to smoke, honestly, but surely is an interested and power plant.
Bad, bad english

mogascreeta
#9 Posted : 5/25/2010 1:40:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
Yeah, basically it's a hot-water extraction. The plant material should be discarded, but may sometimes be used several times.

great you have completely revived my interest in this plant. i ordered a bag a long time ago but quit smoking it pretty quick because its so harsh. this will be a good way to use the rest of that bag.

Ginkgo
#10 Posted : 5/25/2010 6:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

arimane wrote:
Yes, I've learn this tek from them too (not directly, unfortunately)... but they add lemon, from what I know, to nicotiana and water, and they use the leaves like 3 time, from what I know.

I find nicotiana too harsh to smoke, honestly, but surely is an interested and power plant.

Yeah, you are correct! Smile I forgot to add the part about lemon, sorry about that. In my experience, however, it is not really necessary, as long as you make sure the water is kept hot. Doesn't hurt to acidify it though...

Great to hear, mogascreeta! Good luck! Smile