We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nutmeg and it's derivatives Options

hummus
#1 Posted : 3/19/2010 11:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I know this isn't about DMT but I can't post in any of the other forums yet, mods if this is inappropriate feel free to delete ..

16g of nutmeg was ingested in 28 00 capsules, these capsules took quite a long time to get down but were pretty easy to and did not have any taste.
Effects started within approximately 5 hours, with initial 'sorta psychedelic/dissociative' effects for the first day or so, with the second day being just a 'really stoned' phase lasting for another day, probably a bit more.
There was some mild nausea but barely any, some burps and had smooth bowel movements, not to the point of diarrhea.

3ml of nutmeg essential oil was ingested, using an 00 capsule as a measurement for approximately 1ml. The oil leaks out over time so doses must be prepared immediately before use. Care must be taken not to get any traces of the oil on the outside of the capsule as it has a very strong taste.
Initial effects started within around an hour, and the peak was approximately 5 hours in. Effects are described as mildly psychedelic, reasonably dissociative and very 'philosophical', along with a 'stoned' feeling. No distinct OEV's were observed, however prominent CEV's were visible.
As an example of the dissociative CEV's, when listening to music with eyes closed the performers would appear to be directly in front of the observer, and situations described in the song would be clearly visualised. At no point was there any anxiety, in fact the effects could be described as calming. Weeks later a small dose of ketamine was ingested and this produced quite a similar feeling, although a different 'headspace'. Taken at lunchtime, the next day there was a noticeable 'afterglow' until approximately the next lunchtime.
Taken neat, nutmeg oil can cause some diarrhea/intestinal upset, therefore the author developed a dosing method of dosing the oil approximately one hour before lunchtime with a low but not empty stomach. This allowed the oil to be absorbed quickly but did not cause any intestinal discomfort as it was 'absorbed' by the foods, with this dosing method it simply caused smoother bowel movements.

2ml of nutmeg essential oil was ingested in a similar manner, there is not much difference in this and the last description, however there were very little visuals, with a lighter yet still very enjoyable effect, this was felt to enhance and contribute to just doing whatever would be done otherwise, and felt very anxiolytic and calm.

1ml of nutmeg essential oil was ingested in a similar manner, this time there was little high but a mild anxiolytic effect, feeling very good for being around other people and socializing, still a slight 'philosophical' effect.

1ml of mace essential oil was ingested in a similar manner, although this was ingested alongside a good quantity of jwh-250 and 200, from what can be gathered it had a very noticeable anxiolytic effect, a 'soaring' feeling of energy and some sedation. Seemed slightly stronger than nutmeg essential oil but not by a huge amount.

When the researcher gets the chance, 3ml of mace essential oil will be ingested on it's own to bioassay it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nadir
#2 Posted : 3/19/2010 11:52:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

once swim ingested 2 nutmegs and had a trip lasting for 2 days - no euphoria, just a very uncomfortably dull dissociative fx
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 3/19/2010 12:55:18 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

apparently myristicin may be converted to MMDA in the liver
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 3/19/2010 1:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
apparently myristicin may be converted to MMDA in the liver

This has never been proven, not once, since Shulgin proposed it in the 60's. I think Shulgin found it to be the case in the livers of rabbits or something. In humans, it has never been found MMDA following myristicin intoxication, and the propozed enzyme for this reaction is not found to exist.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 3/19/2010 2:23:54 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

transaminase enzymes do exist, it just looks like this particular substrate isn't likely converted to MMDA
its primary metabolite seems to be 5-allyl-1-methoxy-2,3-dihydroxybenzene

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12523956
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/19/2010 7:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hummus, have you ever tried elemi oil? It is said to be high in elemicin and contains no myristicin. It's said to be a much better trip than nutmeg. It's said to be stimulating and not sedating, and to be less of a dissociatve and more like a real hallucinogen.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

hummus
#7 Posted : 3/20/2010 12:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Hummus, have you ever tried elemi oil? It is said to be high in elemicin and contains no myristicin. It's said to be a much better trip than nutmeg. It's said to be stimulating and not sedating, and to be less of a dissociatve and more like a real hallucinogen.

no, sounds interesting, are you suggesting that elemicin is responsible for the majority of effects from nutmeg? I'll have to look into it Smile
And nutmeg wasn't really very sedating for me, well it has sedative qualities but it's a very 'mixed' thing which tbh I quite like.

69ron
#8 Posted : 3/20/2010 1:38:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hummus wrote:
69ron wrote:

no, sounds interesting, are you suggesting that elemicin is responsible for the majority of effects from nutmeg? I'll have to look into it Smile
And nutmeg wasn't really very sedating for me, well it has sedative qualities but it's a very 'mixed' thing which tbh I quite like.

Nutmeg is a mix of myristicin and elemicin. Elemicin is said to be more pleasant. Both are hallucinogenic, but elemicin is said to be more like a true hallucinogen (like mescaline), while myristicin is more like marijuana. Take a look at the chemical structure of them compared to mescaline and MMDA.
69ron attached the following image(s):
Elemicin-mescaline.gif (5kb) downloaded 196 time(s).
Myristicin-MMDA.gif (5kb) downloaded 198 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#9 Posted : 5/24/2010 11:11:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
hummus wrote:
69ron wrote:

Nutmeg is a mix of myristicin and elemicin. Elemicin is said to be more pleasant. Both are hallucinogenic, but elemicin is said to be more like a true hallucinogen (like mescaline), while myristicin is more like marijuana. Take a look at the chemical structure of them compared to mescaline and MMDA.

Just an update here. SWIM has since tried Elemi oil which supposedly contains elemicin as its sole psychoactive element. It is nothing like the reports people give for nutmeg. Nothing at all. SWIM has tried up to 7 drops orally, and the effects are indeed very similar to mescaline. It’s a beautiful experience. No side effects of any kind.

It would be nice to find an oil that contains only myristicin as it’s sole active element. Maybe the unpleasant effects of nutmeg have nothing to do with myristicin, or maybe they are caused by it. I would love to know. SWIM’s experiences with elemicin via Elemi oil are all very positive, just like all the reports he’s read. Elemi oil lacks myristicin, but also lacks many other things nutmeg contains. I have a feeling that myristicin isn’t the cause of the unpleasantness, but rather something else present in nutmeg is.

imPsimon
#10 Posted : 5/24/2010 12:57:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Which source is your elimi oil extracted from? Canarium Luzonicum?

Entropymancer
#11 Posted : 5/24/2010 2:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

69ron, it doesn't surprise me at all that elemicin has VERY different effects than nutmeg. While I appreciate that myristicin and elemicin could have psychoactive potential, I very sincerely doubt that they are the primary actives in nutmeg.

The effects of nutmeg much more closely resemble the relatively toxic effects of camphor than they do the effects of psychedelic amphetamine metabolites. And considering the rather high concentrations of camphene present in nutmeg, I'm rather inclined to think that camphene, not myristicin/elemicin, is the major factor at play when people consume nutmeg.

69ron
#12 Posted : 5/24/2010 8:18:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
Which source is your elimi oil extracted from? Canarium Luzonicum?

The bottle says it’s oil of Canarium luzonicum cultivated in the Philippines. It’s THERAPEUTIC grade. That’s important. Only therapeutic grade Elemi oil is approved by the FDA as a food additive. Non-therapeutic grade oils are not meant for ingestion and shouldn’t be used, but you probably already know that. I just want to mention that for others reading this thread who might not know.

Entropymancer wrote:
69ron, it doesn't surprise me at all that elemicin has VERY different effects than nutmeg. While I appreciate that myristicin and elemicin could have psychoactive potential, I very sincerely doubt that they are the primary actives in nutmeg.

The effects of nutmeg much more closely resemble the relatively toxic effects of camphor than they do the effects of psychedelic amphetamine metabolites. And considering the rather high concentrations of camphene present in nutmeg, I'm rather inclined to think that camphene, not myristicin/elemicin, is the major factor at play when people consume nutmeg.

Hmmm, camphene. Yeah, this is along my line of thinking. I’m willing to bet that pure myristicin is quite pleasant, and probably not nearly as long lasting as nutmeg is. If you read many nutmeg trip reports, you get the impression that the trip unfolds in phases, indicating more than 1 active is at play. Some reports lack toxic side effects even at pretty strong doses, while others are full of them even at low doses. Of course nutmeg varies from batch to batch and strain to strain. It’s possible there are some pleasant strains of nutmeg in existence.

From what I understand, it’s been proven that there isn’t enough myristicin and elemicin in nutmeg to account for it’s potency. With SWIM’s experiences with elemicin via Elemi oil, he’s had nothing but positive effects, and is amazed that almost no one knows about it. At 7 drops orally, it’s as good as a low dose of mescaline. If myristicin is anything close to elemicin in effects, SWIM would love to try it. But nutmeg seems to be a poor choice of myristicin.

Does anyone know of a good source of myristicin that lacks all the other toxins of nutmeg?

imPsimon
#13 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe this will help

Elemicin:
Canarium indicum -- Java-Olive, Manila Elemi; 3,500 - 8,750 ppm in
Essential Oil;
Myristica fragrans -- Mace, Muskatnussbaum (Ger.), Nutmeg, nogal moscado
(Sp.), nuez moscada (Sp.); 20 - 3,500 ppm in Seed;
Perilla frutescens -- Perilla; 2,500 - 3,200 ppm in Leaf PC25:2085;
Daucus carota -- Carrot; 2,000 ppm in Seed;
Petroselinum crispum -- Parsley; 821 ppm in Seed;
Acorus calamus -- Calamus, Flagroot, Myrtle Flag, Sweet Calamus, Sweetflag,
Sweetroot; 10 - 650 ppm in Rhizome;
Collinsonia canadensis -- Stone Root; 18 ppm in Plant;
Petroselinum crispum -- Parsley; 18 ppm in Leaf;
Anethum graveolens -- Dill, Garden Dill; in Plant;
Asarum canadense -- Wild Ginger; in Rhizome;
Asiasarum heterotropoides -- Asian Wild Ginger; in Root;
Juniperus virginiana -- Red Cedar; in Leaf;
Laurus nobilis -- Bay, Bay Laurel, Bayleaf, Grecian Laurel, Laurel, Sweet Bay; in Plant;
Sassafras albidum -- Sassafras; in Root;
Syringa vulgaris -- Lilac; in Flower;

Myristicin:
Pastinaca sativa -- Parsnip; 183,000 - 662,000 ppm in Root Essential Oil;
Petroselinum crispum -- Parsley; 14,785 - 19,800 ppm in Seed;
Myristica fragrans -- Mace, Muskatnussbaum (Ger.), Nutmeg, nogal moscado (Sp.), nuez moscada (Sp.); 800 - 12,800 ppm in Seed;
Perilla frutescens -- Perilla; 300 - 3,800 ppm in Leaf;
Petroselinum crispum -- Parsley; 425 - 2,550 ppm in Plant;
Myristica fragrans -- Mace, Muskatnussbaum (Ger.), Nutmeg, nogal moscado (Sp.), nuez moscada (Sp.); 410 - 620 ppm in Leaf;
Carum carvi -- Caraway, Carum, Comino (Sp.), Comino de prado (Sp.), Kummel (Ger.); 60 - 420 ppm in Fruit;
Petroselinum crispum -- Parsley; 131 ppm in Leaf;
Carum carvi -- Caraway, Carum, Comino (Sp.), Comino de prado (Sp.), Kummel (Ger.); 120 ppm in Plant;
Daucus carota -- Carrot; 0.5 - 34 ppm in Root; Anethum graveolens -- Dill, Garden Dill; in Fruit; in Root;
Apium graveolens -- Celery; in Plant;
Coriandrum sativum -- Chinese Parsley, Cilantro, Coriander; in Fruit;
Foeniculum vulgare -- Fennel; in Fruit;
Levisticum officinale -- Lovage; in Seed;
Oenanthe aquatica -- Water Fennel, Water Hemlock; in Fruit;
Oenanthe crocata -- Water Dropwort; in Plant;
Oenanthe javanica -- Javan Water Dropwort; in Fruit;
Pimpinella anisum -- Anise, Sweet Cumin; in Plant;
Piper nigrum -- Black Pepper, Pepper, White Pepper; in Fruit;
Sassafras albidum -- Sassafras; in Root;
Vaccinium corymbosum -- Blueberry; in Fruit;

Safrole:
Sassafras albidum -- Sassafras; 8,000 - 16,000 ppm in Root;
Myristica fragrans -- Mace, Muskatnussbaum (Ger.), Nutmeg, nogal moscado (Sp.), nuez moscada (Sp.); 120 - 2,720 ppm in Seed;
Ocimum basilicum -- Basil, Cuban Basil, Sweet Basil; 60 - 400 ppm in Plant JBH JAD;
Rosmarinus officinalis -- Rosemary; 32 - 95 ppm in Plant;
Hamamelis virginiana -- Witch Hazel; 10 ppm in Leaf;
Anethum graveolens -- Dill, Garden Dill; in Plant;
Angelica sinensis -- Chinese Angelica, Dang Gui, Dang Quai, Dang Qui, Dong Gui,
Dong Quai; in Root;
Asiasarum heterotropoides -- Asian Wild Ginger; in Root;
Asiasarum sieboldii -- Siebold's Wild Ginger; in Root;
Camellia sinensis -- Tea; in Leaf;
Cananga odorata -- Cananga, Ylang-Ylang; in Flower;
Chenopodium ambrosioides -- Epazote, Wormseed; in Plant;
Cinnamomum aromaticum -- Canela de la China (Sp.), Canelero chino (Sp.),
Canelle de Cochinchine (Fr.), Cannelier Casse (Fr.), Cannelier de Chine (Fr.),
Cassia, Cassia Bark, Cassia Lignea, China Junk Cassia, Chinazimt (Ger.), Chinese
Cassia, Chinese Cinnamon, Chinesischer Zimtbaum (Ger.), Kashia-Keihi (Jap.),
Saigon Cinnamon, Zimtcassie (Ger.); in Plant;
Cinnamomum camphora -- Camphor, Ho Leaf; in Leaf;
Cinnamomum verum -- Ceylon Cinnamon, Cinnamon; in Plant;
Illicium verum -- Chinese Star Anise, Chinesischer Sternanis (Ger.), Star Anise,
Sternanis (Ger.), anis de China (Sp.), anis estrellado (Sp.); in Plant;
Juniperus virginiana -- Red Cedar; in Leaf;
Piper auritum -- Cordoncillo, Hierba Santa, Hoja Santa; in Leaf;
Piper cubeba -- Cubeb, Cubeb Pepper; in Fruit;
Piper nigrum -- Black Pepper, Pepper, White Pepper; in Fruit;
Tamarindus indica -- Indian Tamarind, Kilytree, Tamarind; in Fruit;
Umbellularia californica -- California Bay; in Plant;

Here's the full article ("Intro to Phenylpropanoids in Essential Oils"Pleased which also covers Asarone, Croweacin, Dillapiole and Apiole.
http://designer-drug.com.../chemistry/parsnips.html