We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mimosa tea help Options

Cyspcile51
#1 Posted : 5/24/2010 7:43:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

okay yesterday i recived my 28 grams of powdered inner mimosa rootbark and i also have about 5 grams of inner root bark but its not powdered.
i have a couple of questions, im sopposed to put enough water to cover it right?
i think all the water will evaporate and then i still just srain it and reduce i mean it seems like just a small amount or should i use tea bags? or will that mess up the straining how long do you think i should boil this for?
this is my first try so i feel so blind so if anyone can help me out im going to give it a try within the next 2 days, my plan is to put it in a pot add water enough to cover the plant material add vinegar and boil it for either 3 sessions of 3 hours or 10-12 hours straight then strain it out of the plant material. is there anything im missing if so please respond

much appreciated,

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/24/2010 8:09:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A dose is about 3-7g mimosa, but better for first time take 3g or so. You can boil more doses at a time and just divide the final liquid in proportional ammount to the doses.

So anyways, put mimosa in a pot, add some water to cover the mimosa. No need to measure, but if I had to guesstimate I would say around 50-250ml water per dose per boil. Have the pot covered for water not to evap, and put it on low fire. So after 1 hour (no need for so many hours) you can pour that off leaving the bulk mimosa behind (you can pour through a very coarse filter like a metal strainer or an old t-shirt, or use the top of the pot to help you hold most mimosa on the pot). Add fresh water and boil again for another hour. Do this for a total of 3x, putting all the liquid together and discarding the solids.

Then filter the liquid once again with a bit finer filter (like a loose cotton pad/plug in a funnel, for example), to get rid of more inactive solid material. Then you can reduce that to small amount by simmering (try not to boil or very light boil only). I would say that each dose should be about 80-100ml of liquid.

You're gonna need to take some MAOI together/before this, I guess you know. So its basically doing the same 3x boils but with 50g ayahuasca vine or 3g syrian rue

Cyspcile51
#3 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:10:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you very much! i think i know all i need to know!
the company i bought the mimosa from gave me a free 3 grams of syrian rue seeds and i have about 500 mg of pure THH
if i split the 3 grams of syrian rue between me and one friend how much of the THH in addition would we each need for sufficent MAO inhibiton? i kinda wanna save what i can of the THH so i only want to take what is nessacary.

thank you again,