We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Drying final mescaline product? Options

theRUSSIAN
#1 Posted : 5/23/2010 4:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

SWIM has finished his mescaline extractions but the crystals are kind of soggy, anyone know if SWIM can put it in the oven to let dry and if so at what temp? Thank ya
Quote:
I asked God for a bike, but i know he does not work that way. So i stole a bike, and asked for his forgiveness

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/24/2010 12:00:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what extraction? what did you salt it with hcl or vinegar? how does it look, is it really crystally or its totally a goo?

you can finish drying in the oven with door open and a fan turned towards it. I wouldnt exceed 60 degrees celcius.

Btw, if its acetate, I dont think it will ever get completely dry/crystal/hard.

LawnBoy
#3 Posted : 5/24/2010 1:42:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Scraping it up, drying it longer, and cutting into smaller pieces as it dries helps. I've read 212f was a safe number. The great 69ron said 212f.
Quote:

The melting point of mescaline hydrochloride is 363.2 F (184 C), so it should withstand up to 212 F (100 C) without any problems.
The same is probably true for mescaline acetate. I don't know it's melting point, but I imagine it's something similar to that of mescaline hydrochloride.

but he also noted damage to other alkaloids:

Quote:
Yea. It takes a long time to dry in an oven. However if your oven is accurate and you can set it to 212 F (no hotter), that will work just fine. It's not hot enough to damage the mescaline HCl, but is hot enough to maybe burn some of the other alkaloids present. If the other alkaloids burn, it will be very hard to clean the mescaline. You'll be left with black mescaline that's almost impossible to clean. But it's still very active.

i hope this helps
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.