We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Entirely natural phalaris grass extractions Options

hummus
#1 Posted : 5/11/2010 7:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

By natural I mean from organisms and minerals that anybody can collect regardless of where they are. Some of this is probably in other extractions but trying to put it together for an all natural extraction. Also not using techniques such as refrigeration/freezing (although extractions could be done in the winter and simply left outside), and with heating that can be done over an open fire.
All of this is entirely hypothetical so it would be good to have some feedback.
Base:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_ash
Wood ash contains calcium carbonate as its major component, representing 25[4] or even 45 percent.
As it was used as lye to make soap, soaking then filtering very well wood-ash from well seasoned oak should be clean enough.
Acid:
Lemon juice
vinegar
Could acidic groundwater/standing water in blanket bogs be used as an acid? Probably not quite strong enough but could work?
Solvents:
veg oil
turpentine/pine sap
distilled alcohol
I'm thinking of an extraction with phalaris grass as it can be grown just about anywhere.
Anyway I was thinking something like the following as an example:

Get a wheatgrass juicer and juice all of your grass.
One being a typical acid base extraction where lets say you add lemon juice to the liquid obtained then defat with turpentine, basify with wood ash (or calcium carbonate extracted by soaking wood ash then evaporating), extract with turpentine and then transfer the alkaloids into alcohol which is easier to evaporate, either make a 'still' of sorts and evaporate it (dmt is said to boil at 60-80C so it might just be alright, if not you'd smell it) and recover the alcohol or pour it into a large flat dish to evaporate into dmt.
Or if the turpentine was clean-evaporating enough (I doubt it ..) you could evaporate it, could it be suitable for freeze precipitation?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/11/2010 7:27:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

working with phalaris is something that needs to happen more..there is spice in there. I have been filling my freezer with grass that I go harvest other week or so..and I have tried a few extrections..with limited success..the best I have gotten so far is an orange oxideish looking stuff..that is active..but not pure DMT..for onething there are other alkaloids that linger after the tryptamine glow wears off..and id like to remove them. My extract got me nowhere near hyperspace..euphoria and mild visuals were the farthest I went. I havent tried FASA on the grass yet though..so I will be doing that in the future. My plan is have enough grass stored away that I harvest durring the growing season so that I can keep working on teks for the next year.

One thing you need to remember when working a grass tek is that usually when working with leafy sources for DMT, the magority of spice tends to be in oxide form. So you either need to do a zinc reduction, or use a solvent that pulls both DMT and DMT oxide. I am not sure if turpentine pulls both but id imagine it would.
Long live the unwoke.

Trickster
#3 Posted : 5/11/2010 9:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

What's the point of this "entirely natural" fixation? Should not we go for "the most efficient" or "the least wasteful" process?

Often "entirely natural" processes are "the least efficient".
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

spaghettiman
#4 Posted : 5/23/2010 7:41:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

turpentine is VERY dirty shit

in case youve never worked with it..... its SHIT. at least the stuff available at hardware stores. its full of gakk

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 5/23/2010 3:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

This seems a bit like putting the cart before the horse... The big problem with phalaris is gramine. Once we figure out reliable ways to separate gramine from DMT, then it would make sense to try to work out ways to accomplish this with simpler materials.

I think it was Phlux who recently figured out that DMT can be freeze-precipitated from turpentine, so that's a promising direction to go... but I would trust a phalaris extraction freeze-precipped from turpentine until we know that gramine won't also freeze-precip (or hasn't otherwise been removed earlier in the process).