We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can you Do a Naphtha pull, then a xylene pull? Options

Apoc
#1 Posted : 5/20/2010 7:49:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi. I had an idea on how to easily separate nn dmt from 5meo. First exhaust the mimosa with naphtha, and you'll get your white powder. When you can get no more from the naphtha, use xylene to get the jungle toad alkaloids. Also wondering if there's any way to get jungle spice to a powder consistency. From what I've seen, people seem to get a sticky liquid of jungle spice. Would rather have it dry.

So has anyone ever tried this method? Thanks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Gir
#2 Posted : 5/20/2010 2:11:35 PM

Gir

Yep. This is a good method to pulling jungle spice, its mentioned here: Dark DMT - The Other Alkaloid.

Burnt has also done quite a bit of research on it here: Burnt's Report

and as far as everyone knows, its impossible to powder this gooey hygroscopic liquid Razz

check out some questions here: q21 poses a question
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 5/20/2010 2:45:16 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

fnog9 wrote:
Hi. I had an idea on how to easily separate nn dmt from 5meo. First exhaust the mimosa with naphtha, and you'll get your white powder. When you can get no more from the naphtha, use xylene to get the jungle toad alkaloids.

Well, mimosa hostilis does not have any 5-meo. And even if it did, 5-meo is soluble in naphtha.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Apoc
#4 Posted : 5/21/2010 7:39:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
fnog9 wrote:
Hi. I had an idea on how to easily separate nn dmt from 5meo. First exhaust the mimosa with naphtha, and you'll get your white powder. When you can get no more from the naphtha, use xylene to get the jungle toad alkaloids.

Well, mimosa hostilis does not have any 5-meo. And even if it did, 5-meo is soluble in naphtha.

It doesn't? And I thought I knew the types of dmt. I thought there were only two types,
N,N-DMT being the white kind, the one people seem to prefer and more popular to smoke
5-MeO-DMT (bufotenin) also found in mimosa, and in yopo seeds and the Bufo Alvarius toad.

I've heard lots of people talk about getting jungle spice from mimosa, I'm sure of it.

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 5/21/2010 2:19:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Bufotenine is not 5-MeO-DMT. 5-HO-DMT is bufotenine.

And no, there is no 5-MeO-DMT or bufotenine in mimosa hostilis. The "jungle spice" is something else entirely... the last analyses I saw indicates that it's mostly DMT (no matter how much effort is made to separate the pure DMT out) mixed with a type of beta-carboline, possibly a degradation product of yuremamine that occurs during the extraction process (yuremamine being a fragile chemical that doesn't tolerate the harsh extraction conditions).

Apoc
#6 Posted : 5/21/2010 6:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Bufotenine is not 5-MeO-DMT. 5-HO-DMT is bufotenine.

And no, there is no 5-MeO-DMT or bufotenine in mimosa hostilis. The "jungle spice" is something else entirely... the last analyses I saw indicates that it's mostly DMT (no matter how much effort is made to separate the pure DMT out) mixed with a type of beta-carboline, possibly a degradation product of yuremamine that occurs during the extraction process (yuremamine being a fragile chemical that doesn't tolerate the harsh extraction conditions).

Thanks for the clarification, I'll have to save that for future reference.