We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
psychoactive effects of blue lotus Options

State of the Mind
#21 Posted : 5/20/2010 4:43:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a shame, I was going to use that website, as the prices are amazing, however if there are troubles with shipping ect, I will think twice before using them. Sad
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#22 Posted : 5/21/2010 1:47:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
A friend made his own 5x extract of blue lotus to get more familiar with its effects when smoking. The extract was made with a triple solvent solution of naphtha, water, and acetone (aka naphthcetater). This facilitated extraction of compounds soluble in polar protic, polar aprotic, and nonpolar solvents without having to do 3 separate extractions.

It worked great. Then he used an evaporating dish that had DMT residue from when he made changa. It turns out that there was more DMT than expected. Now it's weak changa. Too much DMT to be able to work with just lotus, but not enough for anything resembling a breakthrough. Oh well... I guess that will be used when the calea plant is ready for harvesting. Can anybody say Electric Sheep?

mapp
#23 Posted : 5/21/2010 1:52:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

3maester wrote:
astralsmity wrote:
hey sorry to post on an old thread, but - i placed an order through paypal on this website a month ago and it still has not arrived. it says flat rate shipping 10-15 days for dried flowers.. might i ask how long it took for your orders from there to arrive? im on the west coast of the US by the way.. wanna make sure i didn't get jipped.

thanks

I've been waiting almost 2 months for my order. I even sent them an email a few days ago to see whats up. No reply. Anybody else have any issues with http://www.bluelotus-export.com/ ?

2 months, damn... that sucks. I've been waiting almost a month now, sent 2 emails, no reply.:\

State of the Mind
#24 Posted : 5/21/2010 3:32:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like the business maybe down or something. I highly doubt the website is a scam, people who scam on the internet would scam for something much more common such as Ipods, not an innocent herb, that is not well known at all.

I hope it all works out in the end. Confused
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

State of the Mind
#25 Posted : 5/22/2010 2:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I was fortunate enough to receive my first Blue lotus in the post. 25g was brought from Just-herbs.co.uk

Having felt quite mind fogged this morning having smoked 2 rounds of .11 Salvia 10x last night, I thought it was the perfect time to try some Blue lotus.

I rolled a joint of it, putting in .6 of a gram. I was pleasantly surprised to find the smoke very smooth and nice to smoke. After having smoked it I was feeling much better, my mind was clear and I was feeling very calm and chilled.

I have yet to feel any psychoactive effects from blue lotus. However I have also read an Experience about mixing weed with Blue lotus. Having read it, the combination seems to be quite interesting and I am looking forward to investigating.

I Will just add this in here as I don't want to triple post. Rolling eyes
About three quarters of an hour after smoking the blue lotus, I had a small glass of my home-brewed ginger wine and having only drank about half of what I would normally drink. I was amazed to find myself feeling the effects of alcohol much quicker than I would normally. I have read online that Blue lotus is supposed to potentate the effects of alcohol, but I did not realise it would be by this much.

shoe
#26 Posted : 5/23/2010 1:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes indeedy, I beleive it also works the other way around too, with alcohol potentiating the lotus.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

State of the Mind
#27 Posted : 5/23/2010 8:58:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Next time that I am quite drunk, I think I will have to see if the effects of the smoked blue lotus are better. Smile

State of the Mind
#28 Posted : 5/28/2010 8:32:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really have fallen in love with this herb. I have suffered from anxiety problems for quite some time, which I believe has been created by cannabis. However blue lotus overcomes this and puts me in a really nice and peaceful mood. It really works its magic when you smoke it in a joint. .7g-1.2g in a joint is blissful to me. Anyone that says the effects of the lotus are terrible should try smoking a whole gram to them selves and report back. Very happy

shoe
#29 Posted : 5/31/2010 9:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It might also be to do with computers and electronics in your house.... Im no hippie but I just put a bunch of plants around my PC, and a big fat metal paperweight to act as an RF capacitor, and I feel 1000% better. Im no "woo I can feel the energies" kinda bullshitter but I know that everything is possible; and I think you should try it. Electricity gives out a sapping, tiring kind of glow I think, which you don't really want. My negative ion generator is on its way! Check out the research papers going back to the 50's which prove it has measurable health benefits! I was absoloutely hard-ass critical at first, but no, its absoloutely bona-fidé!

however, theres no substitute for exercise and plenty of fun in nature!
shoe

mapp
#30 Posted : 6/11/2010 1:56:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I received my order last week, and have since been getting to know both the blue (and white) lotus and the pink lotus (nelumbo nucifera).

I think I read to build the reverse tolerance with more lotus at the start and then gradually lower the amount as the effects become more familiar and strong, which makes sense.
I've been eating small amounts of powdered lotus (.5-2g) and resin as well as smoking the plant for the past week to some noticeable pleasant effects, which have become especially noticeable with cannabis, where I can slip into a deep body and mind euphoria which I've never felt before. I believe using them makes cannabis a more divine experience and at the same time reduces/eliminates a possible negative mind frame. Alone or with other herbs, I'd say nymphaea c. and nelumbo n. have some great potential Smile. Haven't really tried them with alcohol.

In the right amounts, I can see how the both the lily and pink lotus can be a pleasant buzz by themselves, although I think mixing with other herbs can also help them all work even better. If anyone knows any other great potentiators for the lily and lotus please post them.. I think I may try some enhanced caapi leaves as an interesting combination in the future.

Quote:
Sacred Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) Sacred Lotus contains lotusine, demethyl coclaurine, neferin, and nuciferine. Lotus flowers, pods, or petals are most commonly used, while the flower stamens are reported to be the most potent part of the plant.
The effects seem primarily cerebral, but are quite noticeable and very enjoyable.

Blue Lily (Nymphaea nouchali var. caerulea) - Contains aporphine and nuciferine. Produces an opiate-like intoxication. When steeped in alcohol produces a sedated MDMA-like euphoria. Blue Lily is loaded with health-giving phytosterols and bioflavonoids.

shoe
#31 Posted : 6/15/2010 2:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Who else notices the anti-anxiety properties of this herb??
I wouldn't be surprised at all if a heavy cannabis user who started using blue lotus would reduce his feelings of paranoia. (no offence intended.)

can somone do this for me as an experiment?
or perhaps somone who suffers from trip-related anxiety?
shoe

mapp
#32 Posted : 6/24/2010 11:56:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
Who else notices the anti-anxiety properties of this herb??
I wouldn't be surprised at all if a heavy cannabis user who started using blue lotus would reduce his feelings of paranoia. (no offence intended.)

can somone do this for me as an experiment?
or perhaps somone who suffers from trip-related anxiety?

my post above describes that effect they seem to be having on me.. For the most part, I've been having a good relationship with cannabis, and only recently introducted blue lillies and pink lotus into the mix, although in smaller amounts now, probably have a mild synergy instead of a heavy anti-anxiety dose. Maybe .5g of both lotus and blue lily a day smoked and a tiny resin ball some times. It may be due in addition to my last pharma trip, but my weed experiences have been enlightening, but not paranoid. I think aya has been most important in turning my attention to what's really going on in there in honest ways. Developing paranoia doesn't have to be an option imo, the same cannabis that can cause paranoia in you, can not cause it too.

State of the Mind
#33 Posted : 6/26/2010 3:11:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a real problem with the paranoia side of cannabis and it can ruin the general experience for me sometimes. I have found blue lotus to combat these affects quite significantly. However one problem with the blue lotus addition seems to be that it emphases the lazy aspect of smoking cannabis, which can be quite negative.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#34 Posted : 6/30/2010 5:36:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
The perfect cannabis combination, in my friend's opinion:

Piracetam (or another racetam nootropic) taken orally before smoking. The amount doesn't really matter a lot, but 1-3g should be fine.
Blue lotus smoked or before the cannabis.

Piracetam greatly diminishes the lazy aspect of cannabis and, for many people, enhances the "trippy" or psychedelic aspect of it. Somehow, it does this while also making it easier to think clearly on cannabis. Or at least, it feels like one is thinking clearly and with much less effort.

It seems to have a perfect synergy with the blue lotus anti-anxiety effect.

aleph 1ne
#35 Posted : 7/4/2013 5:32:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow.. I just tried Blue lotus for the first time, in combination with cannabis. What a beautiful feeling. I do find it a bit harder to access my vocabulary, which I am usually very good for on cannabis, but I am enjoying the effects of the Lotus none the less. Calm, happy trippy vibes. I am enthralled by the potential of this plant and interested to know how it will be as a bed for spice in a Volcano vaporizer. Seems like a wonderful fit for such a task.

DreaMTripper
#36 Posted : 12/7/2013 10:41:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive taken to smoking blue lotus flowers in a roll up sometimes with cannabis sometimes not (better with imo, takes any edge off). Its a big improvement on using a pipe to smoke it after which I generally feel apathetic and lazy. Its all about the gradual steady ingestion, besides it burns up very quickly and easily. Maybe why my changa experiment failed recently it must just incinerate anything near it rapidly..

I like smoking a predominantly blue lotus rollie with a bit of tobacco and sitting in the garden with a cup of tea watching the birds.
It does tend to make me very sleepy after 20 mins or so and sometimes a peaceful snooze is had from which I wake nicely refreshed and centred.

HumbleTraveler
#37 Posted : 12/8/2013 8:19:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im very happy to have found this thread! I searched and searched but for some reason never found this one. I have a good amount of blue lotus that I would love to try and I have a few questions.

I have a GVG, to my understanding, the GVG becomes a great standard pipe when the top glass plug piece isnt placed back on top.

If I were to attempt to smoke some blue lotus, how much would I want to use? 500mg to 1g ish? How long are the effects of it? I understand it seems to be relatively light acting by itself, Im just curious if its a "dont operate heavy machinery for X minutes/hours" type experience with it haha.

Say if it were smoked, and then after that, some spice were vaporized, what could one expect?

How would its effects compare to b. caapi leaves? Ive yet to try my caapi leaves too.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

DreaMTripper
#38 Posted : 12/10/2013 11:08:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The effects are subtle and have a low ceiliing so I doubt it will compare with caapi harmalas but its more noticeable after having mj and the mj best qualities come to the fore.
Its a simple tranquillity that does proceed dmt well it makes the come up more of a float off than a blast off. Smoke a blunt of it with mj beforehand if possible then hit the GVG when you feel the urge you wont regret it Very happy

HumbleTraveler
#39 Posted : 12/10/2013 7:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is great to hear, because lately for whatever reason the blast off has been absolutely KICKING my ass hard.

How much of the Lotus would one need to smoke? How long prior to spice should it be smoked, and how long would the minor effects of lotus last for?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

DreaMTripper
#40 Posted : 12/10/2013 10:30:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Give it 15 mins to kick in fully, I dont know about weights whats a blunts worth?

PREV123NEXT