We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eating / Sub Linguial Salvia Options

rawmo
#1 Posted : 3/4/2010 10:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

anyone worked out a standard doseage for Salvia either?

a] Eaten [stomach path] (which i hear isn't so efficient)
b] Subligually [e.g. in a tincture]

Also what is the duration of the experience for this [i imagine it'd be longer, but would like to be able to estimate how much longer].

cheers : )

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Observant
#2 Posted : 3/4/2010 10:22:32 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Salvinorin Dosage:
Sublingual/Chewed
100 mcg sublingual, threshold

Vaporized
200-500 mcg

http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/156.shtml?ID=156

EDIT: Thread: Can Salvia be orally active ?
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Apoc
#3 Posted : 4/28/2010 8:33:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=rawmo]Hey there,

First, there's practically no such thing as eating salvia to get it's effects. Don't bother, you'll probably get sick before you get a trip.

For me, the sublingual method (for dried leaf) isn't so much about how much weight of leaf, but it's about how long I spend with leaf under my tongue. I usually just stick however much leaf I can fit under my tongue, chew it every few minutes, spit out the leaf after about 15 minutes, and then stick new leaf under the tongue.

Tips:

= do it lying down, let the saliva collect at the back of your throat. The throat also absorbs salvinorin.

= You will have to spit at some points because enough saliva will accumulate to fill your whole mouth. I spit out half and use the remaining saliva to saturate the new leaf. It has to be wet anyway bc salvinorin is soluble through saliva. The new dried leaf will suck up the excess spit, and you'll have saturated salvia saliva. Gross, but effective.

= brush teeth/mouth, rinse entire mouth and under tongue and gargle with listerine before doing sublingual. It increases the uptake of salvinorin.

= try not to swallow too much. The more you swallow, the more plant material you'll ingest and you'll have to pee more.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:18:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fnog9 is spot on here. The chew and swallow half method works very well. Make sure to squish it around ocassionally and don't re-hydrate the leaves. 2g is sufficient for me this way. as in 2x 1g. But more should be better.

Infinite I
#5 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:22:56 AM

JC

obliguhl wrote:
fnog9 is spot on here. The chew and swallow half method works very well. Make sure to squish it around ocassionally and don't re-hydrate the leaves. 2g is sufficient for me this way. as in 2x 1g. But more should be better.

Why dont you rehydrate the leaves? I thought you had to stick dried leaves in a glass of water for a minute to rehydrate them then stick them in your mouth?

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:39:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To prevent salvinorin on the outer side of the leaf to get washed away. Besides, you don't need to rehydrate them with water. Rehydrate them with saliva. It'S not as comfortable though...try what works for you, i advise against it.

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:44:10 AM

JC

Ill take your advice as its never worked for me sublingually, ive tried 4-5g, never worked that well smoking either. cheers

rOm
#8 Posted : 4/28/2010 4:47:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rawmo wrote:
Hey there,

anyone worked out a standard doseage for Salvia either?

a] Eaten [stomach path] (which i hear isn't so efficient)
b] Subligually [e.g. in a tincture]

Also what is the duration of the experience for this [i imagine it'd be longer, but would like to be able to estimate how much longer].

cheers : )

I only speak here about the tincture which I'm quite familiar with, the dosage depends on the concentration of the tincture of course but count at least a few dropperfull with a strong staurated tincture (around 6 ml).
The lying down in a complete relaxed state and brushing as well as mouth washing is VERY IMPORTANT or it may not work at all.
There is something subtle about sublingual salvia that prevent it to work if you're not completely dedicated to it.
The duration should be between half an hour and one hour (starting 15, 20 minutes after you start to hold the liquid in your mouth/throat.
This can be incredebly pleasant and colourful, harder to achieve strong psychoactive effects than smoking it but definitely worthing a few trial and investment/research !!!!

Good luck !!
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Ginkgo
#9 Posted : 4/28/2010 4:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Note that Salvia is not active sublingually (under your tongue), rather salvinorin A is only absorbed through the mocous membranes. That is, at the inside of your cheeks. Salvinorin A is also to some degree absorbed in the stomach. Even if it is a very poor absorption there, it is a good idea to swallow the leaves or tincture if you feel like doing it. Safe travels!

rOm
#10 Posted : 4/28/2010 5:08:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
Note that Salvia is not active sublingually (under your tongue), rather salvinorin A is only absorbed through the mocous membranes. That is, at the inside of your cheeks. Salvinorin A is also to some degree absorbed in the stomach. Even if it is a very poor absorption there, it is a good idea to swallow the leaves or tincture if you feel like doing it. Safe travels!

What ? SWIM bioessayed pure salvinorin a sublingual ( as intra mucous membranely) with near zero effects.
But salvia is absorbed in fact from under your tongue as well as your cheek, palate, throat and to a lesser extent tongue, oesophagus.
At least that's what I thinck. the back throat absorbtion is pretty good..
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Apoc
#11 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:15:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
Why dont you rehydrate the leaves? I thought you had to stick dried leaves in a glass of water for a minute to rehydrate them then stick them in your mouth?

The first time I tried salvia sublingually, I wet the leaves first and it was a big mistake. Contrary to what I've read, wetting the leaves first is actually a lot more unpleasant than taking them in dry. The wet leaves were much more bitter, I was gagging a lot and felt sick and I thought I would never do salvia this way again. Also the water fills up your mouth really fast, so you'll have to spit more. Plus you'll lose some salvinorin if you wet the leaves first.

When I tried salvia again in the mouth I was pleased that the dry leaves without wetting were a lot less bitter, and easy to handle than wet ones. PHEW!! Thank God.

Also, I mentioned in my last post that length of time under the tongue is more important than grams of leaf. For a good "strong" trip, I'll hold leaf under the tongue for an hour and a half, or two. At least half hour for a weak trip.

State of the Mind
#12 Posted : 5/20/2010 3:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried Salvia 10x sub-lingually about a month ago, used mouthwash and laid on my back, swallowing all the saliva. However after 25 minutes, nothing. I then got frustrated and smoked some instead. I don't think it is a very good method unless you have fresh leaves that you can quid. I have heard some good reports from people who used to quidding method.

I would really like to take Saliva orally, however untill there is a way that is efficient and the positives outweigh the negatives I will stick to smoking it. Confused
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.