We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Experience Report - First Time Mushroom Ingestion Options

Eternity
#1 Posted : 4/6/2010 8:45:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

My close friend sent me the following experience report in an email instructing me to publish it on the internet. It details his first experience with Magic Mushrooms on his yacht in international waters:

Experience Report: My First Time Consuming Magic Mushrooms.

Introduction:

I had always wanted to try magic mushrooms. Indeed, I never intended to discover DMT, but since mushrooms where not an option at the time and I was very curious to explore the psychedelic experience, extracting DMT was the next best thing. At last, however, I have finally been able to experience the effects of the so called Magic Mushrooms.

The Experience:

Dose: 1 teaspoon, approximately 1g
Species: Unknown. Strong possibility of Cubensis
Method of administration: Oral ingestion
Time of administration: 9:15pm
Duration of effects: Approximately 5 hours

I decided to be conservative and attempt orally ingesting .5g and waiting a time of 60 minutes to gauge the side effects and determine whether to consume more. At 9:15pm I orally took 1/2 teaspoon of the crushed mushrooms and decided to take a walk around the block for the come up. After 30 minutes I noticed halos around street lights. That was the extent of the effects. After 1 hour elapsed I decided to go home and ingest another 1/2 teaspoon to bring my dose up to 1g. After ingesting the mushrooms, I went and lay in my bed with the lights of and decided to read until the effects settle in.

I quickly became tired of reading and decided to close my eyes and relax, possibly go to sleep. I began noticing that I was remembering things uncontrollably. More specifically, I started to enter memories of my experiences in hyperspace while on DMT. These memories I would later ascertain where the periods of my experiences that I could not remember after the DMT experience was over. I began getting vivid images in my mind on what hyperspace is like, the feelings of disassociating with the self, the feeling of helplessness, the strange sounds, etc. Soon my mind began racing and going out of control. I felt as if something had possessed me and was fiddling with my memories and perception. This feeling I can describe as being quite uncomfortable and confusing.

I quickly became restless. I decided at midnight to open my laptop and log into the Nexus chat. I began blindly describing my experience to all who would listen. I had the strangest feeling that whatever people where saying to each other had some secret hidden meaning to affect my mind. After a brief conversation I decided to eat whatever I could get my hands on in the fridge to deal with my increasingly disturbing state of mind. After 30 minutes I closed the computer, stared myself in the mirror for sometime, and decided to go back to bed to wait out the storm.

Once in bed, I began feeling more and more uncomfortable, trying to regain control of my thoughts. This was a fruitless endeavor. I decided to just give up. Let go of all resistance, beg the mushroom to be kind with me, and accept that there is no way out of this experience. I closed my eyes and began drifting in and out of hyperspace, memories, sounds, and uncomfortable feelings. I rolled around constantly in my discomfort. After 5 hours, I fell asleep.

The next day I awoke with many questions. My chief question soon became: "If the mushroom was controlling my mind, then who is the 'me' witnessing this event?". I thought long and hard all day about this until my thoughts became to much to handle. I lay down on the sofa, closed my eyes, and once again surrendered completely to the idea of never finding an answer. I just gave up all resistance. When I opened my eyes, a strange thing happened... I had a deep sense of calm about me. I had no thoughts, no worries, no complaints, no hopes, no fears, nothing but myself. The feeling of peace continues until the writing of this report.

The lesson that I learned from this experience was that conflict and discomfort in our minds during our everyday life is due to resistance of what is. Once you give up this resistance and simply accept reality and yourself for what it is without comparing it to better or worse, there is no room for conflict with yourself. When this conflict subsides, it seems to be replaced by a deep sense of inner peace. This inner peace is a great platform to continue self-examination in the sense that now there is complete honesty and acceptance of what you find. This frees more energy to truly look at and study the old habits and beliefs and understand even the undesirable aspects of the self.

And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: All communications undertaken by this user account on this site are purely fictional in nature and are intended for entertainment purposes only. I do not advocate the use of controlled substances by any person(s) anywhere.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

whiskey5
#2 Posted : 4/18/2010 1:04:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

sounds like a good first experience to me, and your friend handled it well.

When I first started growing, I would eat the fruits on a whim, mostly curious about the effects of the things I grew, or at least cared for to let them grow.

So i had this thing with eating them on a whim, and then one night the experience was more than I bargained for, but knew it was going to last for a while, so I had accepted that fact.

That might be a good key for your friend to keep in mind: That what ever happens, is going to happen for a while.

I used to not have music prepared, and during the experience would not have the ability to play music. It was like I forgot how.

Eternity wrote:
More specifically, I started to enter memories of my experiences in hyperspace while on DMT. These memories I would later ascertain where the periods of my experiences that I could not remember after the DMT experience was over.

That happened to me yesterday. 3 grams of tea, went to a reggae fest, and deja-vu like crazy. I knew I had been there, at a concert, same crowd of people, same overcast sky, and me wearing the same clothes and walking the same path.

I knew it was related to a Salvia experience I had, where I was in my apartment alone, smoke salvia, had music on the stero, and then believed I was at an outdoor concert.
[/quote]

Quote:
This feeling I can describe as being quite uncomfortable and confusing.

I've got a way of thinking about this. That yes, mushrooms do change our perceptions, beliefs, ways of being. But only for that duration. We all can understand the feelings of connectedness that are magnified in the experience. But those feelings don't last.

However - the fact is that we experienced it ourself. I beleive we are totally capable of experiencing that feeling at anytime. The mushroom showed us that it is all within our power to manifest that exact same feeling. But we don't know how.

Quote:
I decided at midnight to open my laptop and log into the Nexus chat. I began blindly describing my experience to all who would listen. I had the strangest feeling that whatever people where saying to each other had some secret hidden meaning to affect my mind.

I can relate to that as well. I logged into a chat when the fruits I ate kicked in harder than I thought, and I was not prepared on what was happening. So I logged into chat out of desperation.

People in the chat made me feel comfortable by what they were saying. And that feeling of connection kicked in. But, I also felt they were saying things with hidden meaning, that being a newb to the mushroom culture I had no clue as to what it meant. Like an inside thing that everyone knew but me.

Yengu
#3 Posted : 5/2/2010 7:18:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I've got a way of thinking about this. That yes, mushrooms do change our perceptions, beliefs, ways of being. But only for that duration. We all can understand the feelings of connectedness that are magnified in the experience. But those feelings don't last.

However - the fact is that we experienced it ourself. I beleive we are totally capable of experiencing that feeling at anytime. The mushroom showed us that it is all within our power to manifest that exact same feeling. But we don't know how.

I can empathize with this. In fact, when I met Alice D. I usually have feelings of connectedness with everything around me for several weeks. Most other people I have talked to don't get this after seeing Alice.

All you need to do is focus on that feeling, as if to reinforce the neuron pathways in your brain which cause those feelings, so that you can feel it when sober.

Autonomous complex moleculer structures, a phenomenon arising out of the laws of this universe. There is no life.

whiskey5
#4 Posted : 5/3/2010 6:43:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yengu wrote:

Quote:

I can empathize with this. In fact, when I met Alice D. I usually have feelings of connectedness with everything around me for several weeks. Most other people I have talked to don't get this after seeing Alice.

All you need to do is focus on that feeling, as if to reinforce the neuron pathways in your brain which cause those feelings, so that you can feel it when sober.

Yeah...that's it...reinforce that pathway that was established during the experience. That's actually got to be the secret right there. We've seen it is possible, within us.

I went to an event in austin called eyore's birthday. And if me and my friend were the only two people at the event tripping that day, then we were the only two among about 500 people. Point is - it's the kind of event that attracts the free spirits, psychonauts, people who want a better world.

Drum circles, people expressing themselves how they see fit. The whole Peace Park to roam around and take it all in. No schedule of events - the events just happen.

I asked my friend what kind of change in the world would be required for every day to be like this. He said there are a few assholes in the world who make that change very difficult. Hehe.

Alasdair
#5 Posted : 5/20/2010 11:00:51 AM

Alex

Good report, good message.

you took a lot away from such a small dosage. i think your friends future experiences with psilocibin will be even more beautiful.

SWIM found that after the mushrooms reconfigure your way of thinking they tend to be nicer in their teachings.