We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Potentiation of mescaline with yohimbe and kola nut Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 3/12/2009 11:11:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been recently playing around with mescaline combinations. He’s mixed it with THH (which produced an ayahuasca like experience which was qualitatively different from ayahuasca but shared some similarities), and also coffee (coffee increases the psychedelic effects of mescaline for SWIM).

The most recent combination SWIM tried was mixing mescaline with yohimbe and kola nut. The combination produces extreme euphoria, stronger psychedelic effects, and boosts the aphrodisiac effects of low doses of mescaline.

Has anyone else tried mixing yohimbe with mescaline?

SWIM has only tried this combination with 75 mg doses of mescaline, which is a low dose for SWIM. That dose of mescaline alone produces stimulation, euphoria, aphrodisiac effects, and very mild psychedelic effects during the peak. But when mixed with yohimbe and kola nut, the effects are much stronger, more like 100 mg of mescaline.

It there any danger in mixing yohimbe with mescaline at larger doses?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LawnBoy
#2 Posted : 5/19/2010 4:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
yohimbine has high affinity for the α2-adrenergic receptor, moderate affinity for the α1-adrenergic, 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT1F, 5-HT2B, and D2 receptors, and weak affinity for the 5-HT1E, 5-HT2A, 5-HT5A, 5-HT7, and D3 receptors.[12][13] It behaves as an antagonist at α1-adrenergic, α2-adrenergic, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and D2, and as a partial agonist at 5-HT1A.[12][14][15][16] Its intrinsic activities at the other sites listed are unclear/unknown but it is probably mostly antagonistic at them.
Yohimbine has significant side effects, such as anxiety reactions. According to the Mayo Clinic, yohimbine can be dangerous if used in excessive amounts.[17]

Higher doses of oral yohimbine may create numerous side effects, such as rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, overstimulation, insomnia and/or sleeplessness. Some effects in rare cases were panic attacks, hallucinations, headaches, dizziness, and skin flushing. More serious adverse effects may include seizures and renal failure. Yohimbine should not be consumed by anyone with liver, kidney, heart disease, or a psychological disorder. The therapeutic index of yohimbine is quite low; the range between an effective dose and a dangerous dose is very narrow.[18]

I don't like yohimbe, because every time I use it I get worried about my heart. I've actually had pains in my chest. Theobromine is the only other stimulant that has given me problems. I would assume your only problem would be with the heart. Wikipedia above seems to worry mainly about anxiety. I would only worry about this combo if you had any liver, kidney, heart, or psychological problems in the past, or if you were trying your best to avoid one. I don't believe any doctor would recommend using a combination of stimulants as a "good" idea, but I can tell you some combos with mescaline and other similar stimulants are very worthwhile for someone.

P.S. I read something about possible vasoconstriction with yohimbe use
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 5/19/2010 9:15:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I've never tried any potentiation with yohimbe. I do have experience with theobromine and coffee, though. And those substances indeed do increase the effects of cacti for me.
I'm interested in combining peyote with calamus since i'm looking for something that could make the visuals a bit more colourfull. Datura seeds help, but i still find cacti visuals less colourfull than tryptamine visuals.
The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that calamus is said to cause serious vomiting for more than half a day if taken in too large amounts and the fact that peyote contains MAOI wich could amplify these effects.