We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I need to re-x Options

InnerDarkness
#1 Posted : 4/22/2010 6:19:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've got about 4g of school bus yellow I'd like to refine into a white salt.

I've already done a SC before I did a freeze precip.

I was told to take new naptha & melt all of the dmt back into it & then repull after it all melts & it will leave the yellow behind?

If I'm going to do all 4g's at one in a pint mason jar, I probably need how much new naptha? A cup? Can I have too much/too little for the re-x?

I was then going to let it sit in hot water, but for how long?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Gir
#2 Posted : 4/22/2010 9:11:39 PM

Gir

I never do more than a gram per re-x. Sure it takes a bit longer.. but well worth it.

you only need maybe 50mL..(for a gram) less is WAY more in this sense. You want your nap super saturated.

as for the hot water bath, leave it in for about 5-8 minutes, you dont want to have whatever you have it in get too hot. Also do not heat/bath near a stove (unless its electric, and even then Rolling eyes ) or open flame.

if you still want to do all 4g of it, id say about 135mL is sufficient, if not too much.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

ghostman
#3 Posted : 4/22/2010 9:16:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some say 40ml/g.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

InnerDarkness
#4 Posted : 4/28/2010 4:43:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

g1risMethyl wrote:
I never do more than a gram per re-x. Sure it takes a bit longer.. but well worth it.

you only need maybe 50mL..(for a gram) less is WAY more in this sense. You want your nap super saturated.

as for the hot water bath, leave it in for about 5-8 minutes, you dont want to have whatever you have it in get too hot. Also do not heat/bath near a stove (unless its electric, and even then Rolling eyes ) or open flame.

if you still want to do all 4g of it, id say about 135mL is sufficient, if not too much.

What could go wrong if I do it in a bigger batch, as long as I give it enough time & the proper amount of new naptha, I should be good right?

I've got to get some more naptha before I try this.

So whats going to happen, the naptha is gonna stay clear pulling all the good DMT & the yellow crap will be left behind when I pull the new naptha out?

InnerDarkness
#5 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:43:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I had just about 140ml of new naptha left & added it to the 4g's or so of school bus yellow DMT I had.

I stirred it around, shook it up etc and placed it in a tub of really hot water. Its all in a pint jar & pretty much all submerged in the hot water.

What I noticed right away it that the naptha did turn yellow, but it left a large amount of DMT power at the bottom that it couldnt disolve. Maybe a 1/4 across the bottom of a pint jar that didnt dissolve.

This is good or bad?

Do I need more naptha so that all of the DMT totally disolves in it?

So after 10 minutes in this hot bath & pull the naptha & toss it, or re-freeze this naptha also?

What about all of the DMT still coating the bottom by a 1/4"?

InnerDarkness
#6 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:46:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually I just went to check on it after a few minutes & it seems that everything dissolved. I shook it up again really good and put it back in more hot water.

So once everything settles for another 10 minutes or so, I pull all of the naptha & put into a new pint mason & re-freeze?

lucious101
#7 Posted : 5/3/2010 5:57:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pretty much, make sure none of that gunk gets in. Some people like filtering it through cotton balls just to be sure none of that yellow gunk gets in

and I think doing less is more efficient because re-x can be pretty tricky and god forbid something goes wrong and you lose a bit of well earned spice Sad but no turning back now, sounds good so far.

Let us know how it turns out.

Oh and for future extractions to get clean white spice everytime let your pulls sit in the freezer for a few hours (more or less depending on amount) and all the impurities should sink before the spice crystallizes. Decant into a clean second jar leaving behind the yellow gunk and freeze-precip like normal. Haven't had to do a re-x since Very happy

My never ending goal is to completely dissolve into the fabrics of the universe and feel and experience the inner workings of love and consciousness that connect every living thing in this life...

DISCLAIMER: I am not real but just a figment of your imagination...

InnerDarkness
#8 Posted : 5/6/2010 4:03:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok after another re-x I left the new DMT ridden naptha sit out at room temp the other day to try & crystal grow, but nothing really seems to be forming?

Before I had HUGE crystal clusters forming all over the sides & bottom after about 10 hours. But after 24 hours this time around only a couple of crystal shards are laying on the bottom?

And I re-x'd about 2-3g's of school bus yellow

I let the naptha get warm first in a double boil & then slowly added the DMT & let it sit for 10-15 minutes so all the good stuff melted & left a bunch of yellow goo behind which I then dumped.

?

InnerDarkness
#9 Posted : 5/13/2010 4:32:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

JohnnyScience wrote:
Ok after another re-x I left the new DMT ridden naptha sit out at room temp the other day to try & crystal grow, but nothing really seems to be forming?

Before I had HUGE crystal clusters forming all over the sides & bottom after about 10 hours. But after 24 hours this time around only a couple of crystal shards are laying on the bottom?

And I re-x'd about 2-3g's of school bus yellow

I let the naptha get warm first in a double boil & then slowly added the DMT & let it sit for 10-15 minutes so all the good stuff melted & left a bunch of yellow goo behind which I then dumped.

?

Anyone have any idea on this? After a couple more batches I'm not getting crystal clusters growing at room temp any more & yet I'm doing the exact same procedure...

InnerDarkness
#10 Posted : 5/14/2010 10:38:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone?

gammagore
#11 Posted : 5/15/2010 12:39:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

why not leave a little opening in the evap dish/glass, like put a coaster over the evap dish and leave just a small section for air to get in and for it to evap. Leave it for a few days undisturbed and watch them xtals grow.

InnerDarkness
#12 Posted : 5/18/2010 9:51:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

But I didnt leave any access for air the 1st time when I got huge ones? And noticed them growing after 8 hours & were giant after 24.

I've let batches go for 3 days before with just a little sugar collecting on the bottom, but no huge cluster formation?

DeMenTed
#13 Posted : 5/18/2010 10:15:48 AM

Barry

Stick it in the freezer dude. Is your room temperature naptha cloudy? If not then let it evaporate around a third then freeze as normal.