We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Horticultural Hydrated Lime Options

The Closet Cultivator
#1 Posted : 5/16/2010 10:28:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

I just had a quick question regarding the use of lime in my extraction tek. I used the vinegar-lime tek and was curious if it was ok to use horticultural hydrated lime for the extraction. I believe that it is pure lime with no additives but just wanted to be extra sure so that I don't ingest any nasty stuff like heavy metals, the spice looks and smells fine. If it helps at all I used Ace hardware VM&P naptha as my nonpolar solvent.

Thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

q21q21
#2 Posted : 5/16/2010 11:22:04 PM

SWIM

The MSDS is here
http://74.6.146.127/sear...q7JnFjTdC9eGiLagGn1TDg--

can't say anything for sure, MSDS always confuse me, how can something be 100% calcium hydroxide and also 71% calcium oxide and 1% silicon dioxide???

Maybe someone could read the MSDS and give a clear answer.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

The Closet Cultivator
#3 Posted : 5/16/2010 11:36:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks q21q21,

Might I add your tek worked very well for my first extraction. I will stick with it for all of my future extractions as well.

The MSDS is pretty confusing. Maybe a better question would be if any of that other crap is soluble in naptha? Thanks again for your input.

TheReadyAwakening
#4 Posted : 5/18/2010 3:59:16 AM

Jimmy

SWIM found out that regular old PICKLING LIME, which is cheap and readily available at your local Walmart (not that I'm promoting such a terrible, bloodthirsty corporation) works just as well if not better.

SWIM used hydrated lime ordered from a shamanic vendor the first couple times, then got lazy and tried the pickling stuff. The yields were amazing, not to mention reducing the cost and efficiency that much more =)
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna