We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Distilling a limonene phalaris extract Options

jabberwocky
#1 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:42:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Today I got a message from a Somalian pirate via carrier pigeon. It says he did an AB on wild Phalaris with vinegar and lime, and ended up with a limonene solution containing what he assumes to be the full spectrum of alkaloids - including the toxins.

He wants to try heating the limonene to 80°C, then collecting and condensing the vapor to collect the N,N. Do you think this would work?

[edit] I guess what I'm trying to ask is: will the desired goods vaporize at all if it is in a limonene solution? at 80°C?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

UniverseXP
#2 Posted : 5/16/2010 7:45:08 PM

Roger

yea it should, rinse the cold end with warm heptane then freeze precip. learned that from this thread.

dont think it's been tried yet so let us know how it goes
: )

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 5/16/2010 8:42:51 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

jabberwocky wrote:
Hi,

Today I got a message from a Somalian pirate via carrier pigeon. It says he did an AB on wild Phalaris with vinegar and lime, and ended up with a limonene solution containing what he assumes to be the full spectrum of alkaloids - including the toxins.

He wants to try heating the limonene to 80°C, then collecting and condensing the vapor to collect the N,N. Do you think this would work?

[edit] I guess what I'm trying to ask is: will the desired goods vaporize at all if it is in a limonene solution? at 80°C?

Tell the somalian pirate to look on sublimation, sublimation apparatuses and cold-fingers. SWIM has seen talks about this but he has not seen any post adequately describing the process, how to do it properly, giving advice on what can go wrong and troubleshooting. There were some talks about subliming dmt from a dmt/dmt n-oxide mixture to produce extremely pure dmt, but not really much on how this would work in case the dmt is in a solvent.

So there's not really much reliable information that can be given re temperatures and possible outcomes.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!