We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
A possible solution to House's request? Options

Adivino
#1 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:10:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all, I'm sorry if this discussion is repetitive. My intention is not to continue with the sad good-bye thread, but actually to end it. It's just that I read the thread from end to end and I had a simple idea that could be beneficial for everybody here. Let me briefly describe it here and see what you think about it:

House wants their posts deleted, but that'd destroy a lot of discussions and remove valuable information.

What if their posts are randomly assigned to randomly new accounts that appear to be genuine? This way both things are accomplished: (a) there are no more posts belonging to House any more, and (b) the posts are kept accessible.

The only flaw I can think of is if House wants the text removed, no matter what account it belongs to.

I honestly hope that this ends well.
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Blundering_Novice
#2 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:21:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Or, we could just leave it as it is. It's kinda selfish for him to expect us to fuck up the flow of the whole damn forum over such an odd request. All he has to do is stay away. Or, ban him from posting. Expecting us to wreck the continuity of the flow of conversation is not reasonable, imo.

Steely
#3 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:22:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Or we could just keep them. Maybe list the disbanded account as "Banned" under their user name. List a quick reason such as, "No discussion of ****".

Just an idea. I'm going to be popping in and out of this thread giving random ideas, so, stay tuned.

Blundering_Novice wrote:
Or, ban him from posting.

NOOO! beat me to it Sad
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Big Inhale
#4 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:26:43 AM

The Enlightend One

Or we could stop worrying about it all together this whole situation has gotten out of hand. Just leave it alone let the mods deal with it. Lock this thread its pointless.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

SunRise
#5 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the solution to all of everyones issues Wink
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

pau
#6 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:40:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The more I read his posts, the less I cared about what they were about. To delete, or not to delete, to me is not a question. Nothing there to miss (IMO).

Got pretty over the top there at the end....that many here seemed to care about him and his stuff up to the end, and expressed it with understanding and patience....it says alot about what this group is.

How can we not wish well to those who are suffering?
WHOA!

Blundering_Novice
#7 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:44:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

pau wrote:
The more I read his posts, the less I cared about what they were about. To delete, or not to delete, to me is not a question. Nothing there to miss (IMO).

Got pretty over the top there at the end....that many here seemed to care about him and his stuff up to the end, and expressed it with understanding and patience....it says alot about what this group is.

How can we not wish well to those who are suffering?

We can, we should, and we have. But we mustn't be conscripted into complying irrational requests either.

jamie
#8 Posted : 5/16/2010 4:49:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this better not turn into a house bashing thread or I will lock it. Keep it constructive.
Long live the unwoke.

vovin
#9 Posted : 5/16/2010 5:45:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

This situation no longer is about the well being of one person but the mentality of the community is now being harmed. We have all had our opportunity to put in our 2 cents on this subject. It is no longer in our hands it is between the moderators and house. There is no reason to carry on this torment it is time for us to release it. We ask this of house why cannot we follow our own advice.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

#10 Posted : 5/16/2010 9:12:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before we let the matter rest entirely, I'd like to reflect on what has happened here with House.

Note:
For those of you who find the whole 'house' discussion boring or stale, I recommend not reading further, and please don't post a reply stating that you're bored with the discussion etc ... if I read a thread I find dull, I stop reading - and I don't post comments on it.

House is a long standing member of this community, and someone who has contributed some inspired and inspiring posts. When I joined the Nexus, his unique insights were always a welcome addition to any thread - so for those of you who have only come to know him through recent posts, I recommend reading some of his experience reports (particularly if they are going to be deleted at some point...) to see what I'm talking about.

Then, not too long ago, House had what appeared to be some kind of mental breakdown.

He described himself as 'insane' and the tone and nature of his posts changed quite fundamentally. There was a sharp edge to his responses, and many who found themselves on the receiving end of these were quite offended and hurt - these recent posts could be harsh, unkind, arrogant and often a bit incoherent.

In part he was upset because he saw the nature of this forum changing, though an influx of new members who seemed to have a different approach to spice and values that he couldn't relate to (and I'm just summing up what House himself has said, rather than stating this as my own opinion); but clearly there was something quite fundamental in his psyche that had changed.

So for all the back and forth about 'should he be allowed to delete his posts' there is a more serious underlying issue: someone who has been a valued member of this community, and a regular user of smoked dmt, appears to have had a mental breakdown.

Note:
I am not attempting to make a mental health diagnosis, but House has himself indicated that this is the case, and the nature of his recent contributions would seem to confirm it.

It is not for me or anyone else to say whether his use of spice contributed to his breakdown - but he is someone who has smoked a lot of it, and from his own words it seems his spice experiences are at the heart of his current state: I don't think this is too much of an assumption given his obsession with both hyperspace and this forum.

It brings home to me at any rate that this is serious stuff we're dealing with here.

This is a substance that has the ability to rip a hole in your reality and in your identity. Not everyone can cope with that. If you are going to go on this journey be aware that you may have trouble integrating the experience with your normal, 'consensus' reality. What you find Inside may change your life, your perspective, your sense of self and your perception of reality. It should not be undertaken lightly.

Excuse the long post, and I'm sure many of you would no doubt just like to see this whole matter put to rest. But I wanted to reflect on what has happened and try to draw some kind of constructive lesson out of it.

And to House, if you're reading this, I hope you don't find what I've said offensive or negative. As I've said before, I wish you all the best on your journey, and I thank you for the contributions you've made here, whether or not they remain on this forum.

best wishes to you all.

"at journey's end, we must begin again"

vovin
#11 Posted : 5/16/2010 9:29:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

88 wrote:

This is a substance that has the ability to rip a hole in your reality and in your identity. Not everyone can cope with that. If you are going to go on this journey be aware that you may have trouble integrating the experience with your normal, 'consensus' reality. What you find Inside may change your life, your perspective, your sense of self and your perception of reality. It should not be undertaken lightly.

I am quite suprised these days with how many people are able to deal with the first journey. Back on the old board there was kind of a cold attitude from most of the veterans on the board twoards new members as after that first leap the majority did not come back to the site. The persons who took a second leap into the abyss earned their badge in the eyes of the old community as it was believed that they had the mentality to stay and be a part of the community. I know this is off topic but I think it is so important for those who are taking that first step. They need to realize the implications of taking the most powerful mind altering drug known to man. If I had my way your statement I quoted would be the banner of this forum.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 5/16/2010 10:27:38 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

My personal thoughts on the subject (for what its worth):
All of houses posts were typed by his fingers, and came from his mind; thus, they are his intellectual property to do with as he pleases. But when he posted them in the forum he was giving a gift to every member here, while its totally within his right to take back the gift he has given, its not a very cool thing to do.

I am not a qualified mental health professional, but I am a psychology student working toward that goal and I have been following house's threads very closely. I believe that his experiences and the documentation thereof in his threads here on the nexus make up a very interesting case study of someone who has ventured deeply with the molecule. There is not a lot of information on the effects of heavy and/or prolonged use of dimethyltryptamine, there is not a lot of information on dmt in general and especially on the why's and how's of its subjective effects. I think in all these area's the nexus is the best source of information and also a wonderful community for supporting and helping to understand the strange and powerful experiences those who choose to venture into these realms may encounter. Personally, I was extremely grateful to find this place and speak with others who have been there in hopes to better understand my own experiences and house's posts and his book have been significantly helpful to me in that regard.

While the content of each individual post may or may not be extremely interesting or helpful I think looking over the overall progression of houses experience with the molecule can prove to be very helpful and valuable in gaining a greater understanding of dmt and its effects for the community as a whole.

Like I said before IMO its completely up to house as his words and experiences are his property, but I do implore you house, please leave your posts so your case study can help us all understand what exactly is going on here just a little bit better.

Thanks for reading,
-Namaste
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

#13 Posted : 5/16/2010 1:24:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

All of houses posts were typed by his fingers, and came from his mind; thus, they are his intellectual property to do with as he pleases. But when he posted them in the forum he was giving a gift to every member here, while its totally within his right to take back the gift he has given, its not a very cool thing to do.

I'm not sure I agree with you on this, dreamer. This site actually belongs to The Traveller, as I understand it. He's obviously a pretty excellent all-round human being, and it's a testament to his skill as an administrator and general coolness that we all feel like it belongs to all of us. But ultimately - it's his site. It is our community, that's for sure, but it's his site.

So when House posts here, he's publishing on someone else's site, and putting the information in the public domain.

If you publish something in a newspaper, you can't decide years later to just make it disappear. The genie is already out of the bottle, and frankly it's not that easy to put it back in. And that decision would not rest with the individual journalist, it would rest with the proprietor of the newspaper.

I work in television, where we 'publish' all the time - except it's called broadcasting. Once we've said something on air, there's no taking it back. If what we've said is offensive, inaccurate or if we simply change our minds, it's too late. So we have to consider this before saying anything.

I may have this wrong, but I don't think so - I believe the decision as to whether his close to 2000 posts should be pulled out of the fabric of this forum rests entirely with The Traveller, and whatever he decides we should all respect that.

I'm sorry if I've gone on about this too much - but I think it's important that people consider this, should they think they too can simply 'take it all back' at some time in the future. Be aware of this when you post. House's 'gifts' or posts were not just for us here - this site is publicly readable, published worldwide, and read by many people who are quite able to cut and paste and bring up a cached copy of the page. Once you've posted, it's out of your hands, and out of your control.

dreamer042 wrote:

There is not a lot of information on the effects of heavy and/or prolonged use of dimethyltryptamine, there is not a lot of information on dmt in general and especially on the why's and how's of its subjective effects.

While the content of each individual post may or may not be extremely interesting or helpful I think looking over the overall progression of houses experience with the molecule can prove to be very helpful and valuable in gaining a greater understanding of dmt and its effects for the community as a whole.

This is a very interesting point. While I think there is quite extensive research on ayahausca, it is really the smoked dmt that is relatively unresearched - and it is a different beast in many respects. I hope you may be someone who is one day in a position to redress this.

Namaste

ohayoco
#14 Posted : 5/16/2010 1:44:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

88 wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

There is not a lot of information on the effects of heavy and/or prolonged use of dimethyltryptamine, there is not a lot of information on dmt in general and especially on the why's and how's of its subjective effects.

This is a very interesting point. While I think there is quite extensive research on ayahausca, it is really the smoked dmt that is relatively unresearched - and it is a different beast in many respects. I hope you may be someone who is one day in a position to redress this.

Seconded. If you do this one day, please also remember that most people who find vaporised DMT have already taken a whole host of other drugs. Dreamer had mental health problems at the end of his cannabis use in his teens, and he found that ecstacy left him feeling pretty unhinged, whereas DMT has been nothing but beneficial to him the way he used it. Not so many people seek out DMT freebase with healing in mind as those who sek out ayawaska, but many may still be bringing problems with them. Feel free to use Dreamer as a case study if you wish- I posted his report on Erowid in the hope that it would be looked into by a researcher one day.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Ya
#15 Posted : 5/16/2010 2:18:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Adivino wrote:
I had a simple idea that could be beneficial for everybody here.

Slight remix, perfect compromise: Leave the posts up, but simply change the user name to "Not House".

That way the Nexus gets to keep the posts, while House gets to avoid the name-related psychic energy.

Saidin
#16 Posted : 5/16/2010 5:08:25 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Ya wrote:
Adivino wrote:
I had a simple idea that could be beneficial for everybody here.

Slight remix, perfect compromise: Leave the posts up, but simply change the user name to "Not House".

That way the Nexus gets to keep the posts, while House gets to avoid the name-related psychic energy.

The energy is in the words, the thought-forms that created them, not the handle of the person who posted them. In six months time, if not less, all the posts will be so buried that it will be rare that anyone reads them. He will get his wish in time, and as we all know...time heals all wounds.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

#17 Posted : 5/16/2010 5:46:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya wrote:

Remember, 'house' isn't his real name in the first place ...

#18 Posted : 5/16/2010 5:52:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually, I'd like to add something to this, and I guess this is really for The Traveller: would it be wise at this stage to formulate a privacy policy, as the more popular social networking sites do? My apologies if this already exists, or if the consensus is that it is contrary to the spirit of this forum, but actually spelling out somewhere that your posts here are in the public domain, what your rights are in terms of the information you share, etc ...

Although it may not be likely that there will be any more requests like House's, the thread did highlight to me that many people did not seem to be aware of the actual framework in which they post. It might be a good idea to just clarify it, once and for all.

red
#19 Posted : 5/16/2010 6:16:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Big Inhale.
Only man is mortal, in the sense that only man is aware that he is mortal. -Isaac Asimov

#20 Posted : 5/16/2010 9:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As I said earlier:

88 wrote:

Note:
For those of you who find the whole 'house' discussion boring or stale, I recommend not reading further, and please don't post a reply stating that you're bored with the discussion etc ... if I read a thread I find dull, I stop reading - and I don't post comments on it.

if you've nothing to add, why post?

123NEXT