We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dancing? Options

Alasdair
#1 Posted : 5/7/2010 8:44:13 AM

Alex

So when Ive smoked spice Ive done it in many different ways. light on/off. music on/off. etc.

Lately when i take off, i tend to just laugh my ass off, and dance all around the apartment. i dont knock anything

over, but im sure the people underneath me hear my feet thumping, but whatever. I just have this urge to move to the

music, and ever cell in my body knows exactly what i want it to do. and when we dance together i feel this

overwhelming feeling of happiness, which is probably why im laughing so loud.

Anyone else get like this? anyone else love it?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lyserge
#2 Posted : 5/10/2010 9:44:36 PM

polyfather anomalous

Alasdair wrote:

Anyone else get like this? anyone else love it?

Yes; yes. I literally feel the molecules traveling through my bloodstream, and my body dances, almost of its own accord, in response to the bliss. The dancing mimics in an internal way all of the outer perceptual shifts I experience. I tried to find some videos on Youtube illustrating this, and the closest I could find don't quite illustrate the Spice influenced aspects of the dances, but do seem to illustrate the internally/intuitively inspired nature of Spice flow dances. The first is the type of dancing taught by the esoteric teacher George Gurdjieff; these movements are designed to awaken certain aspects of consciousness/being that lie dormant in most of the population: http://www.youtube.com/w...CQWM&feature=related

The second video I found is a spontaneous "shamanic" dance apparently inspired by mescaline or some other member of the phenethylamine family. The dude is Raja Ram, psychedelic musician extraordinaire, one half of Shpongle (modern psy-ambient/worldly/magical music) and the founder of Quintessence, the fantastic seventies Cosmic rock group. A true wizard; the dance flows right through him. Again, this dance isn't quite what we seem to experience with Spice but the inspiration appears to be similar. Hope you can ignore the apparent "rave" atmosphere and recall that shamanry is well alive even in the modern cities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvY2KIFM8io

It'd be good to hear your response to any of this, cheers.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Abakua81
#3 Posted : 5/11/2010 2:39:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No. Maybe it has to do with the dose. Dancing wouldnt happen for me. I immediatly forget that I even have a family. <edit> I just typed half a page of jibberish and deleted it. The nature of the dmt experience for me is such that I am always overwhelmed until I start to come down. And by that time I am awestruck and wouldnt consider dancing.

On smaller doses I tend to just giggle a bit then start preparing a larger dose. Maybe thats when I should try some movement. I find it strange that people are effected so different.

spiceworm
#4 Posted : 5/11/2010 5:50:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow - amazing. All i can do is freeze up or maybe writhe a bit like a worm, ha ha.

-spiceworm
i sincerely hope it's all NOT a dream. spiceworm may be in LOVE.

kaleidoscope eyes
#5 Posted : 5/11/2010 7:20:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've found no lights + candles & chill psy at a low volume is the best setting for me, but for 20 mins or so I can't sit upright properly or stand as I'm a bit shakey. I'm pretty much catatonic for the first 3 mins.

I have experienced in the afterglow overwhelming feelings of euphoria & happiness resulting in giggling and laughter =)
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

Capt_Bones
#6 Posted : 5/11/2010 7:51:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A couple days ago i was at a shpongle show and i loaded a decent amount, hit one, sense of urgency on exhale, hit two, put stuff in pockets, stood up, double checked i had everything (hit still held in) then i just bolted and was RUNNING all around untill i found a nice spot to dance like crazy Surprised
this all lasted about an hour, it was crazy and wonderful and slightly unexpected
The D M T is in your mind.

TheReadyAwakening
#7 Posted : 5/13/2010 6:56:40 AM

Jimmy

Sometimes, when SWIM's on a psychedelic, it causes his body great pain NOT to move to the music. Rhythm is a very mysterious thing, and it has strange effects on the mind and perception, especially when mixed with drugs.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

Alasdair
#8 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:23:53 AM

Alex

Thank you all for the responses! I feel as if i dance more like the man at the beginning of the first video you showed that was waving his arms and flowing around the man in the center. I dont understand it, but i like it a lot. see i love to dance, and i feel it is something that connects us to our ancestors.

all cultures have danced around the fire, and i think its a great way to bring us together.

on the second video yes i see what your saying but the rave scene is a bit overwhelming. but you can tell he is just allowing his body to move the way it feels it should. thats exactly what im talking about. AMAZING thank you lysergify, and all so much for you responses again.

Alasdair
#9 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:26:17 AM

Alex

Abakua81 wrote:
I find it strange that people are effected so different.

I love this about DMT. it effects everyone so differently, and it effects me differently every time. and thanks to the great people here i have finally been able to break through!

I have much more to share, and yes with this experience i couldnt move and was awestricken.

I love life

Luciapath
#10 Posted : 5/13/2010 10:54:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my friends says he likes going to psychedelic parties and having a little bit sometimes. I think I need much more experience until I get anywhere near that stage.

Your post made me think of the moment that psytrance 'clicked' with me. I was on a beach in thailand, first time mushrooms, and I had one of those beautiful realisations that "I'd just spend the rest of my life dancing and nothing else matters" - as you do when you turn 19 Pleased. Before that, I always preferred electro, I didn't 'get' psychedelic, since then, I truly believe it's a special kind of music, it creates a vibe that can take the whole dancefloor on a higher plane..

TheReadyAwakening
#11 Posted : 5/13/2010 4:08:16 PM

Jimmy

Trance/Psychedelic ambient (psybient)/techno music all has a very unique affect on consciousness and our minds.

Shpongle is a psybient group from Britain who I've enjoyed for a long time, though I just recently got to see them live.

I was really high, and for most of it, I couldn't keep my eyes open or keep myself still.

After a while I realized that I was being put into a trance ever few minutes, then at parts of the song, I would snap out of it and start looking around, and everyone else would be looking around confused as well.

There's something strange about trance music and the human brain on psychedelics.

The crazy part is, the DJs know it! They just sit up on stage completely controlling everyone in the audiences trip! Talk about having the power... Simon Posford is a god among mortals.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

Big Inhale
#12 Posted : 5/13/2010 5:31:55 PM

The Enlightend One

Sometimes I feel dancie others I feel like wiggling all around so iI do and its always awesome.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Luciapath
#13 Posted : 5/13/2010 5:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheReadyAwakening wrote:
Trance/Psychedelic ambient (psybient)/techno music all has a very unique affect on consciousness and our minds.

Shpongle is a psybient group from Britain who I've enjoyed for a long time, though I just recently got to see them live.

I was really high, and for most of it, I couldn't keep my eyes open or keep myself still.

After a while I realized that I was being put into a trance ever few minutes, then at parts of the song, I would snap out of it and start looking around, and everyone else would be looking around confused as well.

There's something strange about trance music and the human brain on psychedelics.

The crazy part is, the DJs know it! They just sit up on stage completely controlling everyone in the audiences trip! Talk about having the power... Simon Posford is a god among mortals.

I saw Shpongle live in November and I didn't really get it. I was expecting a kind of psytrance rave and hadn't really listened to him before. But when I heard him on Spice the first time it was fucking mindblowing. You should watch a movie called Liquid Crystal Vision you can find it on google video..

Capt_Bones
#14 Posted : 5/14/2010 6:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like i am dancing my kundalini awake Smile kinda like the first video
The D M T is in your mind.

universecannon
#15 Posted : 5/14/2010 6:59:53 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Psychedelic dancing is the best! I'm far to gone on a good dose to move but on a small dose, or the comedown, I often pop on some good tunes and unwind..letting the energy flow out in any and every way that feels right. Nothing revitalizes that life energy better, melts the kinks, recalibrate me like this. It makes me move in ways never thought possible!..plus its so much dam fun!

*drools thinking about shpongle on sunday*

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

lyserge
#16 Posted : 5/14/2010 10:36:42 PM

polyfather anomalous

TheReadyAwakening wrote:

I'm very much in agreement with your first statement. A good DJ, like any good live musician, can really tune in to the audience and deliver what the energy calls for at that particular nexus of space and time. I find systems theory very applicable in modeling these settings: a "group mind" is created by a large collection of conscious individuals, and the connections/networks in such a group mind seem to be strengthened through powerful mental/collective experiences, such as those often facilitated by intelligent psychedelic use. There's a good article on this "group mind" phenomenon over at the Grateful Dead Annotated Lyrics site: "Playing by Nature's Paradigm:
Systems Science and the Grateful Dead" at http://artsites.ucsc.edu/GDead/agdl/chase.htm. A lot of what's said there applies equally well to the better parts of festival/trance scenes I've come into contact with.

Here's another video, this one of Simon Posford controlling everyone's trip, very lysergic; the gods are fully alive and active at this one: Solstice Festival in Japan, 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7QDOemWoUY
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Gyrodriven
#17 Posted : 5/16/2010 6:34:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

-love when you dance how the colors interact, and form infinite circles around chu-
Perma-Space