We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oxyg. DMT from MHRB. Options

TheReadyAwakening
#1 Posted : 5/14/2010 4:10:40 PM

Jimmy

So SWIM recently got ahold of a kilo of some MHRB from Brazil. We've done a few small scale (200-300 g) extractions with awesome results.

We had heard that when the temperature of the naptha gets too high, it starts to extract oxygenated N,N,DMT, and on our third or so extraction, we finally got some ( or at least what looks like it!)

It's a yellow/orangish resin that floats around in the naptha and never crystallizes. Once the naptha completely evaporates, the resin just kind of absorbs itself into some of the crystals.

Are there any teks or advice as to how to separate these two substances? I want to try it as I've heard it's a different high than regular DMT, but I want to smoke it pure.

Thanks!
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Gir
#2 Posted : 5/14/2010 4:48:09 PM

Gir

Zinc dust is your best bet.

you can get it to dry over time. or get zinc dust and fb it.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/14/2010 5:11:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone will correct me if im wrong but from my understanding dmt n-oxide (or oxidated dmt, not oxygenated.. sorry for nitpicking) is NOT soluble even in warm naphtha. What you are picking up with the warm naphtha, appart from dmt, is plant oils, which wont crystalize. You can simply do a recrystalization on that product and freeze precipitate, and you'll have the pure crystals you desire Smile

q21q21
#4 Posted : 5/14/2010 5:42:32 PM

SWIM

endlessness wrote:
Someone will correct me if im wrong but from my understanding dmt n-oxide (or oxidated dmt, not oxygenated.. sorry for nitpicking) is NOT soluble even in warm naphtha. What you are picking up with the warm naphtha, appart from dmt, is plant oils, which wont crystalize. You can simply do a recrystalization on that product and freeze precipitate, and you'll have the pure crystals you desire Smile

Not sure it if it is INsoluble but much less soluble than N-N-DMT. If a large excess of warm naptha is used then the spice can be quite yellow and oily.

Though about the re-xing that totally true, SWIM has done re-xing of very yellow spice pulled with lime (so no lye contamination) and it was very clear that the warm naptha dissolved most of it but left lots of dark yellow oils at the bottom. The oils needed boiling naptha to dissolve and never ended up crystallizing though were very active when smoked.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 5/14/2010 5:43:11 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

endlessness wrote:

correctomundo, ime. You can do a re-x which should leave you with pure white crystals after freeze precip and yellow n-oxide goo from the re-x. That's the easiest way to separate and try them individually, personally i like to oxidize my pure white spice to slightly yellow. I think dmt + dmt n-oxide > dmt n-oxide alone.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Entropymancer
#6 Posted : 5/14/2010 5:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Endlessness, the stuff he described isn't soluble in naphtha (or that's how it sounds from the description), so it sound like it probably is DMT oxide.

If it is, it can be reduced to DMT with zinc dust and acid. But if I read correctly, the OP wants to get pure oxide. To accomplish that, all you need is hydrogen peroxide. Details on these procedures can be found in Fish, Johnson, and Horning's 1955 paper on Peptadenia alkaloids (I'm not on my home computer so I don't have it in front of me right now).

endlessness
#7 Posted : 5/14/2010 6:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:

Not sure it if it is INsoluble but much less soluble than N-N-DMT. If a large excess of warm naptha is used then the spice can be quite yellow and oily.

Sure it can get yellow and oily, I never said otherwise. My argument is that with the warm of naphtha pulls in the basic mimosa soup, one is pulling plant oils, not n-oxide, and thats where the yellow oil comes from. I would love if someone here makes or has made the test of testing solubility of n-oxide in warm naphtha to really know fr sure.

Entropymancer wrote:
Endlessness, the stuff he described isn't soluble in naphtha (or that's how it sounds from the description), so it sound like it probably is DMT oxide.

If it is, it can be reduced to DMT with zinc dust and acid. But if I read correctly, the OP wants to get pure oxide. To accomplish that, all you need is hydrogen peroxide. Details on these procedures can be found in Fish, Johnson, and Horning's 1955 paper on Peptadenia alkaloids (I'm not on my home computer so I don't have it in front of me right now).

but entropy, how would it have come across then if it didnt dissolve in the naphtha?

oh and, here's the paper:

Fish, M.S.; Johnson, N.M. & Homing, E.C. 1955. Piptadenia alkaloids. Indole bases of P. peregrina (L.) Benth. and related species. Journal of the American Chemical Society 77: 5892-95.

Entropymancer
#8 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:01:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Well, the DMT itself comes into the jot naphtha, and there's at least anecdotal evidence that in hot solutions exposed to air, DMT is prone to oxidation. So the oxidized DMT would end up floating around (but not dissolved in) the naphtha, which is basically what he's describing.

UniverseXP
#9 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:03:13 PM

Roger

i heard Noxcide dmt is soluble in MEK. cant hurt to try
: )

endlessness
#10 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:08:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Well, the DMT itself comes into the jot naphtha, and there's at least anecdotal evidence that in hot solutions exposed to air, DMT is prone to oxidation. So the oxidized DMT would end up floating around (but not dissolved in) the naphtha, which is basically what he's describing.

good point, I didnt consider this. I was more caught up in the 'naphtha doenst dissolve n-oxide from bark' part without realizing that it could have oxidized during evap.

so yeah to turn that back into dmt gotta do the zinc oxide conversion. Its basically redissolve in acidic solution, mix with zinc, filter zinc away, and re-basify and re-pull

if instead of converting it back to dmt, you want to try it by itself, just run some naphtha on it which should pick up dmt and leave the oxide behind, and then you can smoke them separately

Gir
#11 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:48:10 PM

Gir

endlessness wrote:
Entropymancer wrote:

good point, I didnt consider this. I was more caught up in the 'naphtha doenst dissolve n-oxide from bark' part without realizing that it could have oxidized during evap.

so yeah to turn that back into dmt gotta do the zinc oxide conversion. Its basically redissolve in acidic solution, mix with zinc, filter zinc away, and re-basify and re-pull

if instead of converting it back to dmt, you want to try it by itself, just run some naphtha on it which should pick up dmt and leave the oxide behind, and then you can smoke them separately

which was the first answer on the board Smile
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

TheReadyAwakening
#12 Posted : 5/15/2010 12:57:10 AM

Jimmy

q21q21 wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Though about the re-xing that totally true, SWIM has done re-xing of very yellow spice pulled with lime (so no lye contamination) and it was very clear that the warm naptha dissolved most of it but left lots of dark yellow oils at the bottom. The oils needed boiling naptha to dissolve and never ended up crystallizing though were very active when smoked.

Yep, we avoided lye and went with lime. The naptha was kept slightly below the boiling pt of water. I will definitely try smoking it soon enough and see if any major differences present themselves.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

TheReadyAwakening
#13 Posted : 5/15/2010 1:00:23 AM

Jimmy

It was also left to evaporate in open air, which I assume allows for the oxygenation/oxidation to occur.