We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
DMT - a possible shortcut to enlightenment Options

ms_manic_minxx
#41 Posted : 5/4/2010 5:22:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chal, AMAZING POST and thank you!!

Quote:
"Be prepared to give up everything you own and go live on the streets"

It's really crazy the way things unfold: I think there's even a way of *attracting* these experiences. I recently decided to go 100% fruitarian for a month, and I'm moving, so I got rid of more than half of my possessions (even my prized vintage gaming systems, material stuff I was hugely connected to); after putting that intention OUT THERE, my move plans got screwed, and a bunch of crazy other things happened, so I am, in effect, homeless for the next two weeks (and starting my car with a screwdriver). I feel a bit "tested"... hehe.

Fortunately, I do have a blessed circle of eccentric friends, many who work with entheogens, but they all do suffer, with the "straddling of worlds," so to speak. My dearest sweetest girlfriend was in tears the other day, talking about how she has all these wonderful ideas, but absolutely no idea how to integrate them into society, because, yes, there is the problem of money.

My particular job simply does no harm and promotes healing, and is enough to keep the roof over my head, so I can feel good about it, which is good enough for me.

Do you think it is harder to reach enlightenment in society today, or do you think the social structure always provided the same kinds of challenges throughout time?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

cellux
#42 Posted : 5/6/2010 9:54:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some related teachnings from Adyashanti:
http://www.adyashanti.or...ndex.php?file=watchvideo

Start with "The Falling Away of Personal Will".

These teachings are very clear pointers to that which I call "enlightenment".

shoe
#43 Posted : 5/12/2010 2:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
My dearest sweetest girlfriend was in tears the other day, talking about how she has all these wonderful ideas, but absolutely no idea how to integrate them into society, because, yes, there is the problem of money.

What kind of ideas? there's loads of people out there willing to get on board and help, alls you gotta do is put up some website and print some fliers.... whats the idea?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

polytrip
#44 Posted : 5/12/2010 3:29:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I would say that DMT can be a shortcut to enlightenment when you actively engage in the proces towards it. Enlightenment cannot just come to you when you're not willing to put any effort in it.
But with the right efforts DMT is a very powerfull tool.

MooshyPeaches
#45 Posted : 5/12/2010 4:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It can definitely open the right doors and ask the right questions. It is a great tool and teacher but not a shortcut.

antrocles
#46 Posted : 5/12/2010 5:12:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chalchiuhtlicue- that was such a poignant, relevant and wonderful post.....i've reread it a couple times now and continue to gain so much from it.

THANK YOU!

i suppose the reason i have such a powerful resonance with it is because i have been LIVING it for the past couple months.... i have worked with spice so much now, i have gone through metamorphosis after metamorphosis...yet...i am still in THIS world and my daily obligations have not gone away...

i most certainly have come to the point where i wanted to sell everything and go find my cave. however, i am 39 years old and still a professional athlete who is CONTRACTUALLY BOUND to complete not only THIS season, but NEXT season as well. the truth is, i was having a truly shitty season this year. zero wins, no desire to win, in fact- i found the whole notion of trying to make it to a painted line in the road first pretty ridiculous. my day would be spent not training, but reading spiritual books, watching compelling documentaries about human origins and transformational events, converting my entire house into a temple devoted to transformational work, working with spice, helping OTHERS work with spice.....

and then i'd have to fly off to some multi-day race somewhere and try with all my might to figure out (while flying around in a pack of 120+ guys at 40+ mph) why the hell i was there...

i decided to try something. i took a break from spice. it's been three weeks now. here's what i've discovered thus far:

1. all of the work i had done up to this point was not for naught. i have incurred permanent, lasting changes in my perception of life and the world. personally, i am deeply grateful and quite ecstatic about this. hell, i can float in the geometry at night when i close my eyes! it feels like i'm beginning to break through!

2. my dreams ARE like breakthroughs. straight-up. i have seen elves, air ships, i have gone to worlds.....all stuff i experienced and had shown to me via spice is still resounding through every cell in me.

3. the more time off i take, the more i feel empowered that these permanent changes will not disappear, and so, i have not felt a strong desire to return to hyperspace. the message i have been getting is, "when we need to show you more, we will call you." but for the record- if and when that call comes, i will ALWAYS answer it. i have nothing but positivity, love and gratitude for DMT. it is a sacred gift.

4. in only three weeks of concerted effort to 'get hungry' again, i was able to reclaim my cycling mojo and win the california state crit championships for the third year in a row! first win of the season....i guess that would be a good one to start with! Pleased

5. like chal said in his wonderful post, i feel that my life has too many obligations and distractions to walk around fully enlightened at all times. the times when i felt the closest, i was spending all day in my house with my phones turned off, my computer unplugged, etc. i was withdrawing from this world which may not be a 'bad' thing, but certainly would not be able to last longer than a month or so before my landlady came a-knockin' to ask for her rent check...

to truly live in both worlds.....it would be more like a 90%-10% split really.....and even THAT would be tough. i once met a former zen buddhist monk while living in berkeley, ca. he had been a zen monk for over 20 years and then left and got married. i remember that i still tried to defer to him as a zen monk or at the very least someone with that kind of insight and wisdom. he got irritated with me at one point and said, "don't you get it? if being 'in the moment' is all that is real, then the moment i stopped being a zen monk, it was as if i had never been one. the past does not exist!"

that was very eye-opening for me.

as westerners, we want our cake and eat it to. we want to be enlightened, but then we want to go around and interact with others as enlightened beings. even if our intentions are pure and we simply just want to help others with what we've acquired, THIS world is not set up to support an attitude of non-attachment. the only environment that really is is the proverbial cave...

Chal- i too lived in a community. i wasn't raised there, but i went when i was a teen to stay on the zendik farm when i was out in east san diego. i left when they packed up and moved out to texas. their ideas of 'subvert the dominant paradigm' and 'living off the grid and in a more connected way' were exactly as you described. utopian on paper, but in reality i never felt like i was spiritually freer. in fact, i was more in my own mind than ever. i simply was not ready to live like that yet.

and i suppose at this point i'm still not.

DMT is not a shortcut to enlightenment. for me, DMT is a portal to other dimensions of existence. it is capable of allowing the essence of a being to leave it's corporeal form and experience different frequencies, channels, levels, planes of consciousness. but that is not enlightenment. not to me.

in the last handful of months of working with the molecule, i was guided over and over to no longer allow what i 'saw' to distract me. i was instructed by beings from many other dimensions to do exactly as i would do in my own dimension. to meditate. to focus on a center. a light. a source from which all consciousness emanates. i would take large doses and sit in a lotus position with my hands in specific position. i would view through my third eye. i would leave this world but i would not allow my focus to be broken...

everything i have ever seen and then some would come to me. i would not focus on any of it. i would see a blinding white light that i knew was coming from my third eye. it would grow and consume everything that came forth. it was where all things came from and where all things returned. it was source.

to be there. in THAT place. that place of no place. the beginning and the ending of all creation. to be at peace in that place and surrender all attachment to this physical expression. that is enlightenment to me. the truth of all truths. once you have heard it, how can you ever allow your ears to endure a single lie?

this is the price for the sneak peek we get to have with DMT. a glance at the mountain top....it is a wonderful compliment to a life based on doing good and helping others and yourself. there is nothing wrong with taking the periodic glance at the golden temple you are slowly making your way up to. i will always embrace the wonderful gift of vision that DMT gives. however, it now sits along side my nova-dreamer, my membership at the float tank center, my hour of daily meditation, my conscious attention to a righteous diet, my daily exercise, my being of service to others and my commitment to see all beings as buddha's constantly offering hints and gifts leading toward my ultimate transformation.

when i am ready to let this material world go...when i am at peace with having 'done' what i needed to do to feel finished.....then i most certainly plan on getting my cave on. it seems so bizarre to me that this entire life should be spent trying to not be a part of this life. at this point in my life, it makes more sense to me that we are here to have it all. this 'planet of the children'. we (most of us) are meant to live in this world, to do righteous and meritorious deeds and THEN seek to align ourselves with a oneness that is coming to claim us at that point anyways.

it's like mom dropped us off at school and we've got about 80 years or so to play with our fellow classmates before she comes to pick us back up. while here, i plan on being a proper kid- going crazy (in a good way), playing with all of the neat things here, sharing with everyone, being kind to everyone, helping others when i can...

....and when i know the day is almost done and i'm gonna get picked up soon, i will clean up, put the toys back in their place, say goodbye to my friends with love and gratitude, and shift my focus on the cozy warmth of the home to which i will soon be returning and the love that warms it.

WITH THE DEEPEST LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

MooshyPeaches
#47 Posted : 5/12/2010 10:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol I love you antrocles

damiana
#48 Posted : 5/12/2010 11:43:21 PM

Cosmic Dragon

Well said antrocles. Your seeing and speaking the truth. Be here now.
PEACE

Hypnos
#49 Posted : 5/13/2010 12:32:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chalchiuhtlicue
#50 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Antrocles, thank you for sharing. It makes sense to think of spice as a portal rather than a process. I wonder if the ancients had a process for entering the spice portal which they used to catch and keep spice insights. I see Nexus as a way to recapture that process, as folks share their experiences. Each piece of the puzzle leads to a more complete picture. It's like watching history repeat itself. Hopefully we are gradually reaching another rung in an upward spiral instead of getting stuck in a repeating rut!

I have noticed not everyone approaches spice in the same way. Reverence, regular meditation (strengthens the mind) and a calm centered purpose seem to open deeper doors than appear with casual use. Apparently in some native cultures, all young men took the molecule or it's approximate relation, at a rite of passage. Those who had the dreaming and came back with a message were singled out for shaman training, while the rest were encouraged to develop some other skill for the benefit of the tribe. I think this is what's happening here, as some folks report enjoying simple pleasures while others talk of meeting God. We all have some piece of the great puzzle. Peace, I think, comes from honoring what you have, whatever it is.

The gods of ancient India are often pictured sitting on a lotus blossom..the "many petaled lotus"...It came to me in a dream that each petal of the lotus represents a way of being, like an infinite number of rays shooting off into Whatever's Out There. Doesn't matter which path you take, it leads where you need to go. Any path provides the challenge and the opportunity and the answer. The dream also whispered, "Be the best you can be at whatever present you find yourself in. In that way, you honor your path."

Yes, the cave can wait until we make it that far.
But, oh...what a time we can have on our way up the mountain! And how great it is that each of us has something different to contribute.

You have an interesting life.
Enjoy it!
"Hang in there. The light only comes at the END of the tunnel." [i]Letters to Oso, 2010

antrocles
#51 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chalchiuhtlicue wrote:
"Be the best you can be at whatever present you find yourself in. In that way, you honor your path."

righteous. simply righteous. massive gratitude for that nugget of life-changing wisdom my dear brother.

i also just popped open a cool zen book i have in the bathroom. literally grabbed it and opened it to see what my pearl of wisdom for the day was.

i kid you not- the very page i stared at was a two-page definition of....enlightenment. at least as zen buddhism sees it.

i had to share this little parable from it...

"One day i wiped out all notions from my mind. i gave up all desire. i discarded all the words with which i thought and stayed in quietude. i felt a little queer- as if i were being carried into something, or as if i were touching some power unknown to me.

...and Ztt! i entered. i lost the boundary of my physical body. i had my skin, of course, buit i felt i was standing in the center of the cosmos. i spoke, but my words had lost their meaning. i saw people coming toward me, but all were the same man. all were myself!

i had never known this world. i had believed that i was created, but now i must change my opinion. i was never created; i was the cosmos; no individual Mr. Sasaki existed."

- Master Sokei-an Sasaki

WITH THE DEEPEST LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

damiana
#52 Posted : 5/14/2010 12:50:39 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Speaking like a true wise man. Thanks Chalchiuhtlicue.
PEACE

DMTripper
#53 Posted : 5/14/2010 1:56:43 AM

John Murdoch IV

@Chalchiuhtlicue
@Antrocles

Thank you both for great posts. Not often I read such long posts Smile
Nothing there I don't agree too. And people think my ideas are weird Razz So it's great to see others think alike Smile

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

ohayoco
#54 Posted : 5/14/2010 2:41:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
i saw people coming toward me, but all were the same man. all were myself!

Eek, reminds me of a salvia trip! I've recently started meditation classes with the Western Buddhist Order, just to learn to meditate really though because I'm not a buddhist. I started yoga a while ago too and practice daily now. The point being, that Dreamer says DMT switches something cosmic on inside so I think it is definitely a shortcut to enlightenment, as a catalyst for pursuing avenues at the very least.

Chalchiuhtlicue- wow, thanks for sharing. I'd love to hear more about your experiences within the autonomy movement, if you're interested. Here's the thread I started a while ago https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=4387
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

TheReadyAwakening
#55 Posted : 5/15/2010 5:56:17 PM

Jimmy

Ancient eastern religions, traditional shamanism, and many indigenous tribes all across the world are able to attain these states with and without the use of drugs, and have been doing it for thousands of years. However, now that barely anyone knows HOW to go to these states "sober" (by sober I mean unaided by drugs. They are certainly in an altered state of mind.) we are beginning to discover that psychedelics can lead to very deep, and very powerful insights into ourselves, humanity as a whole, or the world around us.

Spice succeeds in setting itself apart from other psychedelics yet again.
While other psychedelics allow us to delve ego-free into the truth of our own existence, spice simply allows us entry into other realms, where you could be given knowledge about anything you could possibly comprehend. The questions are endless, yet so are the answers found within.

As to whether or not spice provides easy enlightenment, I think not. For it is neither easy, nor hard. So much of a spice trip depends on the travellers ability to interpret the information around them in a timely, easily-remembered manner, while still maintaining your cool. In my experience, it usually takes practice for people to be able to bring back anything of enlightening quality. However, I have seen a lot of people come back from their first trip with messages like "stop smoking cigarettes!". So I guess it all depends on what people would describe as enlightenment.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

Aegle
#56 Posted : 5/16/2010 7:37:39 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I personally don't think a so called shortcut exists when one is seeking the path of enlightenment, the terms enlightenment and shortcut are complete paradoxes. The slowly but surely philosophy is key while searching for self illumination and the true nature of reality. Entheogens are powerful tools of knowledge and discovery but they need to be incorporated with meditation, yoga, a healthy way of life, patience and compassion in order to reach an equilibrium. If you are searching for a shortcut I don't believe anyone will find a quick path to enlightenment through journeying with entheogens or through any other means of self discovery.

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

ReviewYourself
#57 Posted : 5/16/2010 7:56:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
There is no shortcut to enlightenment. Enlightenment is a process, not an end state (the way I see it, of course, each one has his own idea Smile ). Its trying to live your day, every day, as impecably as possible. DMT can help you get perspective, which in turn may help you see what you were doing wrong and where you can go. But the whole effort comes afterwards, putting lessons in practice, working to become a better person. This part no matter how much dmt you smoke, or psychedelics you take, will HAVE to be done by your own hands and self-sacrifices.

Very well said.. I mean taking DMT for the sole purpose of reaching enlightenment can help along the way like you said, but can confuse you if your ego is still present. You will know when you are enlightened. When money has no meaning to you, when you feel as if everything is falling back into place, and the world is a truly beautiful place without material possessions.

Aegle: Entheogens, particularly DMT just help uncover your true self. An example I thought of for this is that through DMT, your being can only be 99% enlightened, but never fully, until you put in effort on your own, then you can be 100%. To be honest, nothing easy gives you 100%. It is easy for me to smoke spice, and go on very deep levels with myself. However, for a person who is truly dependent on material items would be hard for them to understand and incorporate if say they smoked a good breakthrough dose.

Might not all make sense what I wrote, but basically what I am trying to say is don't be lazy! The path and tools to reach enlightenment are all there. It just takes an awakening for us to realize the true potential of our body and mind

shoe
#58 Posted : 5/18/2010 1:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, If you go beyond ego, which is a boundary, and beyond all boundaries, then there is only one. There is only love. There is only white light, and there is nothing else. but also, that is right now.

Oneness. What took me by surprise (and yet, totally not) when I had a couple experiences that I had, was the real meaning of the word oneness. It doesn't mean everyone gets together and holds hands and sings khumbyayah and says to eachother: we're one! although, obviously in that sense they are as one. what it means is that there IS only one; one thing, one IT, one-ness. that everything IS one and that there's nothing else. You're a part of that oneness right now, and you will be completely that oneness, when you choose it. There is nothing but love.
shoe

shoe
#59 Posted : 5/18/2010 1:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
eternal truths cannot be told in what men write or say.

"Not with that attitude." But yeah, sure. eternal truth is eternal truth and exists beyond both men and words.
shoe

Morphane
#60 Posted : 5/18/2010 4:37:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This has probably been said in as many words, but if there is a shortcut to enlightenment, whatever that is, why would you want to take it?

The journey towards God or whatever you call it, I think, is like the piece of music by Maurice Ravel: The Bolero. The entire point of the satisfying climax, is that which precedes it. That which slowly builds and unfolds and builds upon itself.

Alan Watts said much the same thing in this Life and Music clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERbvKrH-GC4

PREV1234NEXT