We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ibogaine in ayahuasca Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 5/12/2010 10:38:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
So around the amazone, sometimes shiric sanango, a plant that contains ibogaine is used as an admixture in ayahuasca brews.
I'm bafled and intruiged by this knowledge.
Isn't it risky to combine ibogaine with
MAOI's and isn't ibogaine known to immensely amplify the effects of other substances?
It must be very small amounts of ibogaine they use.

I'm interested in the views of people who have experience with ibogaine. Do they think it could be a valuable combination? Or would they disrecomend even trying it?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/12/2010 10:42:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

wholy! I have been trying to remember the name of this plant for ages!..google searches and everything trying to remember it so I could look into it! thanks polytrip!

I need to look into this more now.
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 5/13/2010 12:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Wow!

I wouldn't try it, but I do admit to know little about it.

I've had one experience with iboga which was only mild compared to what I have heard from others, but I think what one can experience from iboga alone is enough. I can see no reason to intensify the peak or the length of the iboga trip with any substances as it seems to do the job more than efficently on its own.

coz42
#4 Posted : 5/13/2010 12:32:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In Guyana, there have been two plants related to iboga that has been identified according to Iboga: The Visionary Root of African Shamanism. Sounded familiar so perhaps these are the plants you have heard of fractal?

tabernaemontana albiflora
tabernaemontana angulata

Whether or not these have been used in ayahuasca admixtures is new information to me but otherwise have always been told to keep SSRI type meds away from MAOI's. However, RIMA are relatively safe compounds. As though harmaline and ibogaine are structurally identical, the physical 'observed' anti-addictive properties will have been inversed in the NMDA channel by both chemicals. As though ibogaine itself binds to all receptor sites, it would definitely not be wise to mix the two to flood the body, metabolism will increase heart rate, blood pressure rise, and so forth..

Never had a personal relationship with iboga but otherwise would be interesting to hear some more about the mixture of ayahuasca and ibogaine. The amounts of ibogaine in these two plants are minute compared to what is found in tabernanthe iboga so if it they are used in a ceremony I would imagine that a very small amounts would be used as well.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 5/13/2010 1:19:24 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

There is inconsistent information regarding Shiric sanango.

The admixture plant which contains ibogaine is Tabernaemontana sananho. It seems this plant is referred to in various places as both Shiric Sanango and Uchu Sanango.

In some places Shiric sanango is used to refer to Brunfelsia grandiflora which contains scopoletin.

Both species are commonly used as ayahuasca admixtures.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Safe journeys Wink
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

PsilocybeChild
#6 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.lycaeum.org/~mulga/iboga/vanbee.htm
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.