We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Excellent Ibogaine video Options

SWIMfriend
#1 Posted : 5/26/2009 12:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is part 1 of a six part series.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DOS
#2 Posted : 1/25/2010 9:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link, SWIMfriend. I feel moved by the documentary.
Every post made past, present, and future by DiscipleofSpice is purely fiction.
Reality is in the eye of the beholder.

PsilocybeChild
#3 Posted : 1/29/2010 2:31:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good documentary. Thanks for sharing friend. Smile
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Xt
#4 Posted : 1/29/2010 6:00:16 PM

Excellent! Thank you for sharing, this is a brilliant production. The singing at the start is mesmerizing.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:42:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMFriend - First allow me to say thank you for sharing this film. Very positive message and a great step forward in the fight to de-vilify Iboga. I absolutely have had Iboga on my list of psychotherapeutic medicines to help me with many issues that are stifling progress in my life. An excellent documentary to say the least.

Philosophically I would like to ask a question though. Let's hypothetically envision that Iboga finally gets accepted as a legitimate, fast track, controlled medicine for combating chemical addiction in the USA. Do you think it would conquer the problem of destructive, chemically addictive, drug use in the country, or might it contradictorily spark a new wave in the use of what I call "destructive" psychoactive drugs (i.e. cocaine, opiates, amphetamines)?

The question is similar to the debate over "The Morning After" abortion pill I suppose. If people know that there is an Iboga / Ibogain clinic in their city, state, or region of the country, what are the risks of young people being more willing to try / use destructive, addictive, psycho-actives, based on the knowledge that if they ever need to get off of them, Iboga is the answer... The quick fix? It could potentially become a societal "security blanket" of sorts.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am absolutely for the advancement of Iboga in modern psychotherapy, and I truly believe that the millions or billions of people that it can help, far outweigh any of the potential risks. I'm even getting involved with pro-Iboga organizations to further develop it's acceptance. I'm just curious to hear other people's view on the potential for this hypothetical situation. Food for thought I suppose is what I'm offering, and I'd love to hear your views!

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

tryptographer
#6 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:24:04 PM

tryptamine photographer

Good point, I hope avoiding that kind of abuse is part of the Iboga lesson.

Great doc, thanks SWIMfriend whether you read this or not!

DoingKermit
#7 Posted : 2/16/2010 4:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a friend who is an addict and i thought i would look up iboga treatment centers. I live in London and so does my unfortunate friend. The only clinic in Europe that deals with addicts (mainly opiate abuse) by using ibogain is in London! I was happy for my pal, but the treatment costs over 2000 pounds, which is almost 4000 dollars. Worth it to be clean forever, but what addict would be able to afford that kinda money...

Methtical
#8 Posted : 4/7/2010 11:21:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
SWIMFriend - First allow me to say thank you for sharing this film. Very positive message and a great step forward in the fight to de-vilify Iboga. I absolutely have had Iboga on my list of psychotherapeutic medicines to help me with many issues that are stifling progress in my life. An excellent documentary to say the least.

Philosophically I would like to ask a question though. Let's hypothetically envision that Iboga finally gets accepted as a legitimate, fast track, controlled medicine for combating chemical addiction in the USA. Do you think it would conquer the problem of destructive, chemically addictive, drug use in the country, or might it contradictorily spark a new wave in the use of what I call "destructive" psychoactive drugs (i.e. cocaine, opiates, amphetamines)?

The question is similar to the debate over "The Morning After" abortion pill I suppose. If people know that there is an Iboga / Ibogain clinic in their city, state, or region of the country, what are the risks of young people being more willing to try / use destructive, addictive, psycho-actives, based on the knowledge that if they ever need to get off of them, Iboga is the answer... The quick fix? It could potentially become a societal "security blanket" of sorts.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am absolutely for the advancement of Iboga in modern psychotherapy, and I truly believe that the millions or billions of people that it can help, far outweigh any of the potential risks. I'm even getting involved with pro-Iboga organizations to further develop it's acceptance. I'm just curious to hear other people's view on the potential for this hypothetical situation. Food for thought I suppose is what I'm offering, and I'd love to hear your views!

Peace!
-idt

Thats an interesting point, but I'm not sure if it would pan out that way. Take into account that there are currently numerous therapies available for people with addictions to alcohol, heroin, etc etc. These therapies are certainly effective to a degree because they do help some people, but I think the main point is that people who participate in these therapies have do so actively, because it came to that point where they knew enough was enough and decided to do something about it.

What I'm trying to say is that addicts only seek help when they want to get off a substance, and just because there may one day be Ibogaine for all, that doesn't necessarily mean that people will seek it, because a lot of addicts don't want to quit.

Then again, taking your original point into consideration, maybe a lot of people will get into those kinds of drugs thinking that there is an easy way out should they feel the ride is getting too rough, but only then realise that you actually have to want to quit to seek it out in the first place. Hmmmmm.

Methtical

Elpo
#9 Posted : 4/7/2010 1:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I wonder if it is correct to say that by taking Iboga alchohol abuse will disappear? I think this is not the case with any substance, if the intention of the subject is to quit Iboga might help a great deal, but if the intention is not there, the subject will turn back to alchohol.

Therefore I think the most important thing is to inform the public about the advantages and the LIMITS of this substance concerning alchohol abuse, hoping that people will not get into any kind of drug addiction thinking there is an easy way out.

Can't wait to get home and see the documentary though...

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Elpo
#10 Posted : 4/13/2010 8:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have now seen the documentary, I really enjoyed it, especially since it is made by students in the Netherlands. The message is very clear. it seems to me that ths substance is very powerful and that the theraputic value of it has not yet been completely discovered.

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 4/13/2010 9:12:20 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Methtical wrote:
idtravlr wrote:

Peace!
-idt

Thats an interesting point, but I'm not sure if it would pan out that way. Take into account that there are currently numerous therapies available for people with addictions to alcohol, heroin, etc etc. These therapies are certainly effective to a degree because they do help some people, but I think the main point is that people who participate in these therapies have do so actively, because it came to that point where they knew enough was enough and decided to do something about it.

What I'm trying to say is that addicts only seek help when they want to get off a substance, and just because there may one day be Ibogaine for all, that doesn't necessarily mean that people will seek it, because a lot of addicts don't want to quit.

Then again, taking your original point into consideration, maybe a lot of people will get into those kinds of drugs thinking that there is an easy way out should they feel the ride is getting too rough, but only then realise that you actually have to want to quit to seek it out in the first place. Hmmmmm.

Methtical

Well, doesn't Iboga essentially reset the receptors? If you start using again within a certain time period you run a really high risk of ODing to my knowledge. I do not think that this would precipitate binge drugging or similar carelessness. Iboga is a substance that carries its own risks with it and would be, like any rehab, effective only when the junkie was willing to quit for good, but unlike regular rehab he'd run a real high risk of winding up dead if he wasnt actually committed to staying clean. Addicts who don't want to get clean will not, regardless of the rehab they are subjected to, this has to be their choice. Iboga presents an option for individuals who truly want to kick the habit and have no desire to jump back in.

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Saidin
#12 Posted : 5/10/2010 4:49:36 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Excellent documentary.

How I wish I had known about iboga long ago. A freind was a heroin addict, and I went with him to the east coast for a detox program, whose success lasted mere days. I wish I could have gone to mexico with him instead...
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

ThirdEyeVision
#13 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't had a chance to watch your link yet but last week I watched a documentry on Iboga that followed an addict through the process. Very interesting. It was on Neflixs online of all places! I'll lookup the name for you Netflixs subscribers.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight