We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Potency and pot size Options

Adivino
#1 Posted : 5/9/2010 11:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is wondering if anyone has anecdotal (although scientific would be better) evidence on the potency of T. pachanoi as a function of the pot size. Does actually straining them in a small pot increase their alkaloidal production? Or growing freely lets them increase the potency? I've read contradicting sources on the internet so I wasn't able to tell SWIM when he asked.
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

antichode
#2 Posted : 5/10/2010 12:50:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Genetics is the biggest factor in potency. Personally I haven't noticed any difference in stressed plants. Consistently for me anyway, the plants which are fatter greener and healthier have bigger yields. Stressing the same specimens didnt change a thing.

And I don't know of any scientific studies to back up any of the stressing myths either.

Plants in the ground get too a point where their root system is vast and when that happens growth starts to explode so wherever possible put your plants in the ground. They will outperform pots every time

pau
#3 Posted : 5/10/2010 1:11:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Green is good ... very good."

A neighbor just had a stunningly powerful experience after cutting down a T. scopulicola that had overgrown his back yard. It is an exceptionally dark green, nearly spineless Bolivian species with an equally dark green meaty layer (which was apparently 1 or 2 mm thinner than the typical pachanoi). I heard that several 4" - 12" cuttings found their way to pots of various sizes. The growing season has begun! By the end of the summer, there may be some results to report.
WHOA!

antichode
#4 Posted : 5/10/2010 4:00:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive also had great success with Scopulicola Pachanoi Hybrids Pau. They grow like absolute wildfire and are consistently potent. One of the Scops that I chopped off at the base last year (three stems) sprouted 6 new shoots and they all grew 6" in about 5 months, there were a few more shoots emerging before summer came to an end. It was an old plant that had a very deep and wide root system to support the growth.

I do believe that the stressing idea is a myth... Its just genetics that matter