We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lone journeying Options

d*l*b
#1 Posted : 2/26/2010 2:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've got all the materials ready, now I want to try a pharma journey. Only problem is I've not been able to find anyone to travel with. Most of my friends have grown away from psychedelics for various reasons and those who haven't aren't terribly reliable!

Getting a bit disheartened after a month of trying to find someone to join me. I could find someone to sit for me but I want a fellow traveller - I don't like the thought of working with someone who's in a different world to me.

As there doesn't seem to be anyone to voyage with I have been considering working alone. I have taken many journeys alone with other materials and almost always smoke alone but I'm unsure whether I should submit myself to a multi-hour journey with the spice without support. I could keep waiting to find someone to blast off with but I'm itching to depart! Should I go it alone or have patience in waiting for the perfect co-pilot?
D × V × F > R

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/26/2010 3:12:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

with pharma I always journey alone, but I know myself and my dosage... if its the first time you are taking pharma alone, be careful! I would suggest starting with a low dose, to see how your reactions are.. And since there is no tolerance and all, well, if the dosage is too low, next day you can take a higher dosage.

Do have a purge bucket next to you and some water and some fruits, and maybe a pre-rolled joint too if you smoke, all at the reach of your hands, because at least with me, it happens sometimes that I really want just a glass of water or something but I cant (or dont want to) move

turtleman29
#3 Posted : 2/26/2010 4:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congrats I was just recently in the same boat as you a few months ago, I finally had time to try my pharma. I essentially followed endlessness' recomendations below, take two or three journeys with increasing amounts to find your proper level. It took me three times to get it quite right. The first two times I used far to little freebase but enough harmalas.

As long as you prepare your space properly journeying alone with pharma is extremely rewarding and although I have never tried it with someone else, I am not so sure I would want to. Certainly be careful but I think it is pretty common to journey with pharma by oneself.

That being said, it does seem that you have the feeling that someone will appear to journey with you. So you must do what you feel is right, perhaps you are called to journey alone, perhaps you should have patience for this partner or perhaps they will arrive after you have begun your journeys.

Whatever you do choose I will also be journeying tonight so goodluck
Anything posted by this member should be treated as the hypothetical ideas of a crazed turtle/man and should not be taken seriously, ever.

Quote:
The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation.

Terence McKenna

wikiwahwah
#4 Posted : 2/28/2010 8:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
with pharma I always journey alone, but I know myself and my dosage... if its the first time you are taking pharma alone, be careful! I would suggest starting with a low dose, to see how your reactions are.. And since there is no tolerance and all, well, if the dosage is too low, next day you can take a higher dosage.

Do have a purge bucket next to you and some water and some fruits, and maybe a pre-rolled joint too if you smoke, all at the reach of your hands, because at least with me, it happens sometimes that I really want just a glass of water or something but I cant (or dont want to) move

I'm also considering a lone pharma journey fairly soon and was wondering about dosage. I'm about to start a caapi extraction and have some freebase DMT. I was intending to try the caapi extract on its own first to gauge my reaction to it.

Can you suggest a good starting dose for caapi only and what the minimum is for full MAO inhibition?

Also, once I've determined the caapi dose, what would be a good starting amount of DMT? When I take them together I was going to dissolve them both in OJ.

Thanks

W

desiderata
#5 Posted : 3/8/2010 2:17:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have only tried pharma once and it was a painfully intense and introspective 3 hours - one that I was not ready for. However, I'm pretty sure this was a result from taking too much on my first journey. Apparently I have a low tolerance to it when eaten, I just had to find out the hard way!
So, lesson learned is definitely work your way up, but don't be afraid to journey solo.
I took 200 mg of THH extract with 75 mg of white spice.
My next attempt will probably be 150/50mg respectively. I would say for your 1st time go with 100 mg of your MAO and 25-40 mg of spice. And if nothing happens you know to just up the dosage.
Not sure if the dosages of the MAO's are similar when working with cappi copy or syrian rue tho....
'My conclusion was that it is neither good nor evil - that value is determined by ourselves and our intentions upon entering.' - 88

soulfood
#6 Posted : 3/8/2010 2:25:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've found if I'm using rue alkaloids I need to dose 30mg less DMT as the effects of the rue seem to make the effects of the DMT way more intense and harder to comprehend.

Using pure THH I haven't found my limits yet. I've got up to 80mg which with rue is bordering on the nightmare zone.

desiderata
#7 Posted : 3/8/2010 6:35:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that nightmare zone you speak of. I used Rue a couple times, but with some potent cubensis.
Why work with it if it's got such scary potential?
'My conclusion was that it is neither good nor evil - that value is determined by ourselves and our intentions upon entering.' - 88

soulfood
#8 Posted : 3/8/2010 10:44:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

desiderata wrote:
Why work with it if it's got such scary potential?

Scary experiences can be the most worth while. Also it's a very cost effective MAOI and obviously can be used in combination with lower doses that gives a relaxed dream like experience. I've had many a blissful time with rue also.

wikiwahwah
#9 Posted : 3/13/2010 8:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like starting low is definitely the key with this. A too intense first experience would probably put me off for good, or at least a long time. As I will probably be alone I don't want to panic and freak out. A visit from the authorities because the next door neighbours have heard me freaking would be a big no-no!

As the caapi extraction seems to yield a fair amount of product I will probably start low. 50 mg on its own and then build myself up every few weeks. I have had enough experiences on Changa (freebase + caapi vine/leaf mix) to know that this commands respect.

W

OriginalFace
#10 Posted : 3/14/2010 12:04:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, you're born alone, you die alone; when your journeying you are connected to everythingRolling eyes

Just prepare for the comfort and safety of your parked body so you have somewhere to come back to.

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

joebono
#11 Posted : 3/16/2010 12:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of my tripping is done alone. There is always some potential for unforseen circumstances or uncovered thoughts from your psyche to shift your trip into places you would rather not go. Have some good music ready in case you get caught in a loop, that can often pull you out. If you have experience with mushrooms, the pharm trip is similar, so you know roughly what to expect. Use caapi if you can because your trip will be warmer, more loving, and compassionate. Rue is a bit tougher on you. Either way, my pharm trips have always been incredibly blissful and euphoric and deeply penetrating. Good luck.

RayOfLight
#12 Posted : 3/29/2010 7:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you do pharma alone you might want to keep a piece of paper handy that says on it

' I ate DMT and this will be over in a few hours ' or somthing to that effect.

Had I done that I probably would have saved myself alot of problems in the rare

instances that my trips went bad.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

joebono
#13 Posted : 3/31/2010 2:15:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayOfLight wrote:
If you do pharma alone you might want to keep a piece of paper handy that says on it

' I ate DMT and this will be over in a few hours ' or somthing to that effect.

Had I done that I probably would have saved myself alot of problems in the rare

instances that my trips went bad.

What happened, Ray?

desiderata
#14 Posted : 4/27/2010 3:44:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know exactly where Ray has been. When trips go bad, you reach a point of utter confusion and become so wrapped up in the ridiculousness going on around you that you completely forget how things got so crazy. The note is just a reminder that you intentionally implemented this altered state of mind. It's a calming thing to have, no doubt. I should leave myself those notes more often actually.

acolon_5
#15 Posted : 4/27/2010 2:38:53 PM

The Great Namah

Go slow, you can ALWAYS take more. Aya works well that way. You can keep a journey going for a full day if you want simply by continually redosing.

So start low, maybe even as low as 40mgs, that can overwhelm a small % of dmt users for some reason.

I usually need 250mgs+ for a full journey on xtal spice, but recently was going for a barely active dose (for me) of 100mgs with 150harmala alkaloid mix. This is a low dose for me, but I found myself in aya space being worked on by "the little helpers" as I was told. Amazing journey.

I will warn you that over doing it may lead to you thinking you are going to die, or wanting to call an ambulance....whatever you do, don't call an ambulance unless you have another person tell something is wrong. You will most likely be given a massive dose of ativan or similar benzo which will almost certianly lead to an OD (benzo+MAOI=bad juju).

So, basically, go slow. Redose as needed with both small amounts of harmala's and spice (20-40mgs each is what I did for a while until I found my "spot"Pleased

Also playing a rattle, drum, or even a didge (signing also has worked) will calm things down if they get overwhelming.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Apoc
#16 Posted : 4/28/2010 5:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I've found if I'm using rue alkaloids I need to dose 30mg less DMT as the effects of the rue seem to make the effects of the DMT way more intense and harder to comprehend.

Using pure THH I haven't found my limits yet. I've got up to 80mg which with rue is bordering on the nightmare zone.

Nightmare? How much rue are you taking? 3g is plenty. I suspect 2g or even 1.5 would be fine as well. High doses of rue were nightmarish for me only because of unimaginable nausea and barfing.

But, 3g can be taken with almost zero discomfort, so it's perfect. Plus..... don't tell anyone, but I completely ignore the maoi diet if I'm taking small doses of rue, like 3g. I've read, and learned from experience that rue is very forgiving at low doses when it comes to diet. I wouldn't recommend anyone do the same though.

ms_manic_minxx
#17 Posted : 4/28/2010 7:33:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXMAOgEIq4

Me and my buddy Aya...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

lonewolf123
#18 Posted : 5/1/2010 5:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXMAOgEIq4

Me and my buddy Aya...

LOL awesome

picatris
#19 Posted : 5/9/2010 11:10:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:

I subscribe to that. 40 mg of yellow spice with a rue tea equivalent to 3 grams of seeds, catapulted the skeleton that lives in my closet to hyperspace dimensions very similar to smoked spice, however for a much longer duration. He gasped for reality at every breath. It is as rewarding as it is hard. And I mean HARD!

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M