We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
help! fresh blended cacti - what now? Options

daoist
#1 Posted : 5/8/2010 6:51:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends, for some stupid reason I now found myself with some blended cacti (with skin and core, just without spines), and I'm not sure about what to do now.. I guess my only way to go is to use the resin tek, but I'm afraid of boiling beacause I already made the mistake of putting the cacti to dry in the oven at too much high degrees (I know, I should have read more before!!!!).. anyway, here we are, can anyone suggest how to proceed - also in order to limit the damage?
I was wondering if I should spread my milkshake on a big surface to dry and then going with the 69ron tek.. or put my shake to simmer and going with the house resin tek..
what do you suggest?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Folding Worm•
#2 Posted : 5/8/2010 7:10:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can't make resin out of blended cactus...you'll get way too much gunk...
His tek says to use live chunks, guess you missed that part.

Your best bet is to brew a tea, filter, reduce, drink.

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you. - Robert Anton Wilson

pau
#3 Posted : 5/8/2010 7:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acutally one of my chimpanzees typed this out a few years ago and I thought it was appropriate for your situation: (my quotes)

"My cousin the baboone (sic) enjoys cactus skin and core, but personally I don't. Even read that skin upsets chimpanzee stomachs. Like most of us while learning the art of tek, you gotta make and learn from your mistakes. Get over it and start over.

Want a great receipe for banana peel?"
WHOA!

Gir
#4 Posted : 5/8/2010 7:13:32 PM

Gir

Your going to have to make tea. Like folding worm suggested.

House's tek wont work unless you have LIVE cactus.

Research more!!!!! waste not though, dont dry it out... just make a tea out of it.

add water, some lemon juice, simmer til snot on top, filter the snot and water with a few layers of pantie hose, reduce the water down to a reasonable volume, and grab some honey...
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Folding Worm•
#5 Posted : 5/8/2010 7:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

g1risMethyl wrote:

Research more!!!!! waste not though, dont dry it out... just make a tea out of it.

add water, some lemon juice, simmer til snot on top, filter the snot and water with a few layers of pantie hose, reduce the water down to a reasonable volume, and grab some honey...

This isn't entirely true.

You can use dried chips as well, but you get a lot of gunk. There's more to a live cactus than one that has dried out.

People think that by blending the cactus you get more out of it, which is true...you get more nasty shit!

By using live chunks [and NOT mashing them what-so-ever] you get all the primary alkaloids out without the gunk.

O ya, and get a lime to bite after you down your shot o snot
You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you. - Robert Anton Wilson

pau
#6 Posted : 5/8/2010 7:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just three things:
1. freeze chunks
2. Crock pot on slow
3. store-bought "Nellie & Joe's 100% Natural Key West Lime Juice" right out of the bottle. Amazing! Waaaaay tastier than lemons and limes, and I've heard the monkeys have favorably analyzed the comparable acid/alkaloid interactions.
WHOA!

daoist
#7 Posted : 5/8/2010 8:00:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

g1risMethyl, my cacti was alive just some hours ago... they are not long dead... killed in a bad and painful way, that's for sure, but I can't see much difference in cutting like house's tek or blending like i did (ok, maybe first I almost burn them in the oven.. Shocked ) anyway they didn't dried in the oven.. as soon I discovered the temperature was too high (125 celsius) , I took them out (almost 1 hour Crying or very sad )..

Folding Worm•, can you explain me why it's impossible to use the resin tek with blended cactus? Shouldn't water supposed to evaporate anyway? And If I was left with some nasty shit, could I use some other extraction tek on it?

Folding Worm•
#8 Posted : 5/8/2010 8:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I explained why already. You'll get loads of gunk, bro.

I already explained to you what you should do to get the most out of it. I am talking to you from experience, not speculation.

Tea.

But, always, do what feels right, of course.

daoist
#9 Posted : 5/8/2010 8:32:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Folding Worm• wrote:
I explained why already. You'll get loads of gunk, bro.

I already explained to you what you should do to get the most out of it. I am talking to you from experience, not speculation.

Tea.

But, always, do what feels right, of course.

Sorry man, english is not my mother tongue , I translate "gunk" as a "sticky stuff" and I can't understand why is a problem to end up with that gunk if I don't have to eat it but just trying to extract from it in another way, (if there is one)..
really, I just try to understand how it works.

Folding Worm•
#10 Posted : 5/8/2010 8:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't be sorry, I understand.

The resin tek works best with chunks, not blended. You'll just have a lot of material to ingest. This is why I suggest you brew a tea. It's the most efficient way to absorb the cactus medicine.

polytrip
#11 Posted : 5/8/2010 8:40:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Folding Worm• wrote:
g1risMethyl wrote:

This isn't entirely true.

You can use dried chips as well, but you get a lot of gunk. There's more to a live cactus than one that has dried out.

People think that by blending the cactus you get more out of it, which is true...you get more nasty shit!

By using live chunks [and NOT mashing them what-so-ever] you get all the primary alkaloids out without the gunk.

O ya, and get a lime to bite after you down your shot o snot

Snot it is indeed. The strange thing is that there is absolutely no correlation between how disgusting it tastes and how potent it's gonna be. You'd expect that the more bitter it tastes, the stronger the brew, but that isn't so.

daoist
#12 Posted : 5/8/2010 8:41:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Folding Worm• wrote:
Don't be sorry, I understand.

The resin tek works best with chunks, not blended. You'll just have a lot of material to ingest. This is why I suggest you brew a tea. It's the most efficient way to absorb the cactus medicine.

The tea you and g1risMethyl suggest is this one ?