We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bwiti initiation Gabon Options

OwlMan
#1 Posted : 5/3/2010 4:22:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I might be going to Gabon in work related affairs, this autumn. For this reason I'm investigating the possibilities of participating in a Bwiti initiation. It seem to be possible to find an honest shaman willing to perform the ritual.

However I am a little concerned about the obvious risks involved. Have anyone of you experience with an initiation? I can't find much information on the Internet.

I am also a bit worried about possible interactions with an eventual malaria prophylaxis (e.g. Malarone) does anyone know if this is a concern?
The owls are not what they seem

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 5/3/2010 6:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Hi Owlman.

Cant help you out with info regarding an initiation ceremony out in Gabon but about 11 years ago a FOAF went out there mainly for work-related purposes and ,I guess partly due to the work he did, he managed to find a place which worked with Tabernantha and extracted/purified ibogaine.From what he was told, some of this was destined for the Netherlands but being a sound chap he acquired a gram of it for me.

It looks like any other white crystalline material and is prpurtedly 98% pure.

I still have it knocking around somewhere but havent quite found the time or correct inclination to use it.

As regards interactions with malarone, I think this not known.As Im sure youre aware ibogaine can have pretty bad interactions with both ilicit and licit opiates so I personally would want to be free of all drugs before venturing down this road.

Malarone (ie proguanil HCl/atovaquone) however, is pretty good when it comes to interactions with prescription meds-from what I recall, atovaquone plasma concentrations are reduced by antibiotics such as rifampicin and tetracycline and also by metoclopramide;proguanil absorption is reduced by magnesium-containing antacids and if your on warfarin, it will send your prothrombin time stupidly high ie thin your blood far too much.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

OwlMan
#3 Posted : 5/4/2010 4:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi corpus,

your FOAF sound like a nice guy. But 11 years? what is the shelf life of Ibogaine HCl?

I agree that it is a wise idea to be from all kinds of drugs before taking Iboga. Thanks for your info on Malarone!
The owls are not what they seem

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 5/5/2010 6:43:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Apparently the hydrochloride salt, which is what I was given, is pretty stable if its initial purity is in the high 90s percent.

The usual rules apply-keep away from unduly warm temperatures,moisture and sunlight.

Your post prompted me to hunt it down and fortunately, the place it was stored in fulfilled all the above requirements.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.