We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
UK/London Trancers take note. Options

soulfood
#1 Posted : 1/17/2010 6:37:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Thought this was worth posting as it seems like IMO the best lineup I've seen in a good long while Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nadir
#2 Posted : 1/17/2010 9:03:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bomshanka brings me smile Smile
i like psymmetrix
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

IAAGSOM
#3 Posted : 1/17/2010 9:58:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Derango, Flooting Grooves, Dymons?? Shocked Lucky bastards Mad

gammagore
#4 Posted : 1/17/2010 11:24:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yayayayaya, count me in, il deffineately make it to this event,Zik, Derango, Alien mantal. Cant wait, this will be a nice start to the summer.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 1/17/2010 11:25:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah looks like proper sounds Smile

to those going, have a nice time!

gammagore
#6 Posted : 1/17/2010 11:30:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Il be sure to take a few videos of 1st class acts for all those that cant make it.

#7 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good, I havent been to something like this for ages. If I can find any peeps to come with I will be in! Soulfood, have you been to anything organised by this group before? If so how was it?
ta!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

soulfood
#8 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No I haven't.

I'm by no means a regular on this scene. The last time I even went out partying was boom 2008. I'll see if I can find some previous party reviews because the last thing I want to do is to pay £25 trek 1/3 of the way down the country to find out the police have stopped the whole thing.

Apparently it's on private land so that's a bonus. Also the fact that there's a mini bus service sounds pretty good as there won't be a load of cars around. and only 800 people.

#9 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:40:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it is on private land it should be OK. I don't think they can stop it in that instance, the worst they could do would be to make them turn it down. Hopefully there will be no neighbours near enough for that.

If you find any reviews post 'em up!
Sic transit gloria mundi

#10 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW Boom really does look amazing....
Sic transit gloria mundi

gammagore
#11 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:45:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this should be a well organised party, bringing these big names costs £££ so things should be organised, but, being just outside london, the threat of police is always there.

1664, my wife and I will most likely be going, so if there are a few peepts that want to travel down together, gimme a shout. We can have out little Nexus corner, so all memebrs that attend can pop over and say hiSmile

soulfood
#12 Posted : 3/28/2010 11:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm counting down the days to this one now.

It's looking like a formula for a legendary night. I just read over on psy forum it's going to be continuous music with no applause between sets. This is very good for me Smile

ohayoco
#13 Posted : 3/29/2010 8:39:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I hope the deal here isn't that they ruin the 'Sacred English Forest' by compacting the ground thus suffocating the trees... while charging people for tickets even though they're not giving any of the ticket money to help maintain the forest and repair any damage that is repairable.

Will suitable protective coverings to the necessary standards be put over the ground around the trees to protect the trees from suffocation due to compaction? Geotextiles or something?

What's wrong with a field? Grass doesn't mind a trampling. Or is it just in a large clearing within the forest, outside of the trees' respective root protection areas? If it's not, may the tree spirits curse you all for torturing them!!!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

soulfood
#14 Posted : 3/29/2010 8:45:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore
#15 Posted : 3/29/2010 9:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, thats perfectSmile

They do have a clearing for the stomping. Anyway, the trees are tough and can handle a few stompsSmile

Il deffinately be attending this event.

gammagore
#16 Posted : 3/29/2010 9:37:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I'm counting down the days to this one now.

It's looking like a formula for a legendary night. I just read over on psy forum it's going to be continuous music with no applause between sets. This is very good for me Smile

No applause, hehehe, seems to be the thing now a days. Regardless, I hope no whistle applause shit, but if it does happen, it wont be for too longSmile

Jibber jabber, yeehhaaaaSmile

ohayoco
#17 Posted : 3/29/2010 9:46:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool clearing! People will def be dancing over the trees roots. Those trees are pretty tall... a Root Protection Area radius can be even as large as the tree's height, but it depends which species.

Fuzzy picture... I'm guessing those are 10m high Scot's pines? I just looked in a tree report I have lying around and the dozen or so trees of 9-11m high had root protection radii ranging from 4-10m. None were pine, but I'm guessing from that that if dancing really does compact soil significantly, then those roots need protecting.

I'm not an arboriculturalist and I only know where you can find info for construction work (and I doubt if there is a document for raves!), but I have seen treemen shouting at trancers on a video before at a busted illegal rave for damaging tree roots so it might be a valid issue. Then again they might just be being overly precious, who knows... but the rules are so restrictive these days for construction that I can believe it might be a genuine issue. I find it hard to believe too, but as I say I'm no expert.

I'm guessing you probably don't know an arboriculturalist but if you know a tree surgeon (a real hippy job so you might!) at least he might be able to give you some free advice. Maybe if you ring up an arboriculturalist and tell ask him if the trees need protecting he might give you some quick free advice over the phone just because he doesn't want to see them damaged. There's a list of them here: http://www.trees.org.uk/consultants.php

There will be stuff on RPAs and protective coverings for within RPAs in this document:
"BS 5837: 2005 British Standard for Trees in Relation to Construction (An updated BS 5837 was published in September 2005 and is now available from BSI, British Standards (www.bsi-global.com)"
... but if you ring and ask maybe they actually have a document for events like yours that would be more appropriate, or maybe it's not even an issue and the treemen in the video I watched were wrong. These documents cost about £70 each so again best if you try and get free advice.

My personal view being a libertarian and all is that if that's your land and you want to have a rave without knowing if it could damage or kill your trees, then that's your call. Just be sure to use the wood afterwards if any die so they didn't die in vain. Still might get you in trouble if the trees give 'public amenity' (i.e. the public can see them).

If it's not your land, I'd say it would be selfish to have an event there without checking first that you won't be damaging the trees, and putting down proper protective coverings where necessary.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ohayoco
#18 Posted : 3/29/2010 9:49:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Anyway, the trees are tough and can handle a few stompsSmile

Oh, well Gammagore says the trees can take it! Unless you're an arboriculturalist, how can you say that? That's like getting scientific advice from a cheerleader!

I'm not trying to ruin your party, I've gone out of my way here to help you have it without damaging or killing the trees... in the belief that hippies do actually care about the environment and would only ever destroy it unintentionally in ignorance. If you can't be bothered to find out if and how they need protecting, just have it in a field instead.

gammagore
#19 Posted : 3/29/2010 9:54:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand if there are a few thousand freaks stomping away, but, the truth of the matter is, we will be lucky to see a thousand freaks at this event, if even, im thinking more like 500.

if that floor is filled to the brim with people, then yes maybe, but i doupt it.

Sorry, i dont mean to give wrong info here, i hope im not damaging the trees when at a partyCrying or very sad

It does seem like the event organisers are doing there best to keep as much transport off the premises as possible, that atleast says that they are a little eco-friendlyVery happy

ohayoco
#20 Posted : 3/29/2010 10:48:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, do please pass the information on to them. 500 is a lot of people, it's not just a family picnic. It's not enough to just say stuff like that to convince yourself it's ok. It isn't hard to just pick up a phone and make one or two calls to ensure you're doing the right thing.

Any greens out there with some time spare and who were planning on going should check this out independently, and in the worst case scenario mobilise to take action to protect the trees against damage if necessary.

12NEXT